Why did you walk away from religion/god?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. God is omniscient. Meaning, he knows everything there is to know. The past, the current, the future.
2. God created everything and everyone.
3. Hell exists.
4. The very moment God thought to create a person, God knew that person would be destined for heaven or for hell.

How could you follow someone like that? A God that creates things, just for them to suffer eternal damnation at the end of it all.

If you don't believe in hell. A creator, that knew prior of all the suffering someone would go through if they have cancer, or any other type of debilitation. He knows all there is to know. He created all that has been created. You, I, WE suffer, supposedly due to TWO PEOPLE, rebelling against what he has said. He could exist and I would not want to follow such a God. Just fukking awful.

Furthermore, life in general, is fukking awful. It's great now. We have our friends, family, our health, our loved ones all around us. But slowly, but SURELY, we will all be dragged into the abyss, one by one. Your mom, your dad, your best friend, your SO, your brother, your sister, EVERYONE, will die one by one, causing unfathomable grief. That's what all of us have to look forward to. We ignore it now. But even in my early 30s, I feel my body not snapping back as it once did in my 20s. I see my parents getting older. I feel time moving faster. The future, is filled with disaster.

If this isn't hell, I don't know what is.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
1. God is omniscient. Meaning, he knows everything there is to know. The past, the current, the future.
2. God created everything and everyone.
3. Hell exists.
4. The very moment God thought to create a person, God knew that person would be destined for heaven or for hell.

How could you follow someone like that? A God that creates things, just for them to suffer eternal damnation at the end of it all.

If you don't believe in hell. A creator, that knew prior of all the suffering someone would go through if they have cancer, or any other type of debilitation. He knows all there is to know. He created all that has been created. You, I, WE suffer, supposedly due to TWO PEOPLE, rebelling against what he has said. He could exist and I would not want to follow such a God. Just fukking awful.

Furthermore, life in general, is fukking awful. It's great now. We have our friends, family, our health, our loved ones all around us. But slowly, but SURELY, we will all be dragged into the abyss, one by one. Your mom, your dad, your best friend, your SO, your brother, your sister, EVERYONE, will die one by one, causing unfathomable grief. That's what all of us have to look forward to. We ignore it now. But even in my early 30s, I feel my body not snapping back as it once did in my 20s. I see my parents getting older. I feel time moving faster. The future, is filled with disaster.

If this isn't hell, I don't know what is.
The flame world is worse. You're gonna have to be strong, respect the cycle of life and your part in it. If energy just transfers from one place to another there's something after this and it's best to be on the good side of that reality.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Religion makes absolutely no sense if you accept your worth as a black man. What god worth following would be fine with my people suffering?
No need to convince others into damnation because youve abandoned what's right.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS
Daps
I remember the day to the T when i stopped the religion my family was under.
I was young and already on my decline on my academics in middle school. I worked my ass off just to get a 79% GPA on my semester report card.
All my moms did was just praise god, it meant alot to her but I was in the back seat of the car like, nah fukk that. I actually tried this semester and you giving my work to him?
I told her that I don't want to goto the church any more, i was forced to goto church back then with her. I didn't like the lady catching the holy ghost every fukking time. I didn't have a attachment to the church. I did not enjoy the social aspect church at all. She told me , just get baptized and then its up to me. So I honored her plan and did that , got dipped in water and never went again with her.

It didnt help to be in a hot ass church for 3-4 hours. It was torture. I dont know how people do it.

I instead listend the hymns to Mobb Deep and rocked out
I'll read some spoken work or youtube religous clips but fukk a hot church in 2021
:camby:
be easy on me, white Jesus
:to:

invalid

Banned
Daps
I think a lot of the discontent people have comes from the fact that they grew up in bad churches with leadership that was unlettered. And they grew up in bad churches because their parents and grandparents were simple people and lacked discernment. They didn’t think and were primarily led by emotion.

My people were thinking people and went to thinking churches.

I feel sorry for some of y’all because it’s not your fault.

But a lot of you all are just like your parents and grandparents. You forsake the charlatans in your bad churches only to go and follow social media charlatans like Tariq Nasheed and Umar Johnson and any other youtube manosphere charismatic. Same book, different page.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Any black man following the deity of our ancestors enslavement is weak:manny:
I thought you were mentally strong, my brother.:jbhmm:
I'm over here with the most high. We begging for ears from the worst.

We gave them their deity.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still believe in god, one true god, but not the religions on earth. I have friends of different faith, I'm not okay with believing they going to hell just because they were born into a different knowledge circle. We all only now half the picture. SO, I walked way from my particular religion. I've been to churners, mosque, temples, etc I'm open. I honestly don't put a stake in if any of them are more correct (of the major religions).

ImLionyall

Workin on dat Roar
Daps
Reppin
Serengeti
I went to basketball camp called, hoop heaven, a a kid. We had a bible discussion one night at a camp fire where some brought up evolution. I was always a science and history nerd ever since I learned how to read...plus I was one of those Britannica collectors, so this conversation got my attention. The councilor's argument boiled down to we didn't come from monkeys but in the most ignorant manner. nikka went from speaking like Carlton to a nikka on the block:francis: I was so disappointed because at the time, I believe God was responsible for evolution. I realized this shyt wasn't for me. I was 11 and I asked my mom to stop taking me to church on Sundays.

I was already on the fence before that. I was exposed to Christianity, Catholicism (I went to Catholic schools), Islam, Judaism, Buddhism and heavy into greek mythology and text. I knew at least one of these nikkas is lying:skip:. Especially after realizing how many years African ppl lived without Judeo-Christian religions. We went several thoudand years with Christ....does that mean hell is filled with Black bodies:skip: is that why slavery happened:skip:. I know the "answers" to these questions now but they require heavy juelzing.