Why did you walk away from religion/god?

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i didnt throw god away. but started to see religion differently when you simply analyze what is being fed to you.

what justification is there for black people to endure slavery for hundreds of years? what justification is there for the existence of someone like trump?

it occurred to me this world is being run by those who control information.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
No one ever taught me how to talk to God. They taught me how to beg him for things, beg him to do things for the people I love, and beg him for mercy. Then the church was nothing but phonies showing off and the pastor collecting money giving bullshyt speeches with no actual substance but meant to pull on your emotional heart strings. I never believed in it to begin with but I went along out of fear. But now I just do my own thing. fukk bul :yeshrug:

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
We are in captivity in America and have fallen because we turned our back on the old ways. The reconciliation of Gods house is inevitable. It's still no excuse to be a dirtbag. It's not going to save you from this. The cause and effect in scripture is pure. Please come home.
TF are you talking about? The Old Ways are the Indigenous Afrikan religions and spiritual systems. Kneegrows here always wanna blackface something that isn't theirs instead of accepting what is.

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
How do you know what they believe? Did they tell you that? If we as a people aren't a monolith then why are they?
If you’re around those circles, then you’ll know they worship a God, just not one acceptable to most of society. The funny thing is, the famous ones do it openly but society is just in denial when it’s pointed out. I don’t say it to be judgemental, I can only go by what I see and hear.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
TF are you talking about? The Old Ways are the Indigenous Afrikan religions and spiritual systems. Kneegrows here always wanna blackface something that isn't theirs instead of accepting what is.
Go to the Kongo with that and get the brakes beat off you.

Sorcerer.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
1. God is omniscient. Meaning, he knows everything there is to know. The past, the current, the future.
2. God created everything and everyone.
3. Hell exists.
4. The very moment God thought to create a person, God knew that person would be destined for heaven or for hell.

How could you follow someone like that? A God that creates things, just for them to suffer eternal damnation at the end of it all.

If you don't believe in hell. A creator, that knew prior of all the suffering someone would go through if they have cancer, or any other type of debilitation. He knows all there is to know. He created all that has been created. You, I, WE suffer, supposedly due to TWO PEOPLE, rebelling against what he has said. He could exist and I would not want to follow such a God. Just fukking awful.

Furthermore, life in general, is fukking awful. It's great now. We have our friends, family, our health, our loved ones all around us. But slowly, but SURELY, we will all be dragged into the abyss, one by one. Your mom, your dad, your best friend, your SO, your brother, your sister, EVERYONE, will die one by one, causing unfathomable grief. That's what all of us have to look forward to. We ignore it now. But even in my early 30s, I feel my body not snapping back as it once did in my 20s. I see my parents getting older. I feel time moving faster. The future, is filled with disaster.

If this isn't hell, I don't know what is.
Dante has an interesting version of Hell based on the sins in the Catholic sphere if you’re interested in that kind of stuff. Inferno, devil is actually “iced out”/encased in ice and frozen solid literally in a pretty fun twist (hell is supposed to be fire) for the ultimate sin of betrayal.

And what you laid out is known as “The Problem of Evil.” If God is all-good all-powerful and all-knowing then is He responsible for your or your loved ones’ suffering/pain? Or how could He allow it to happen?

Christianity in practices says that you will reach a good place when you die (aka no longer exist) if you keep suffering and smiling and turning the other cheek.

Last edited: