Why did you walk away from religion/god?

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
nikkas really need to stop thinking some white man in the clouds or some slave trading Arab is going to save them. shyt is embarrassing and one of the main reasons we are in the situation we are in right now.
the only Abrahamic African country was the one that never got conquered and colonized.
Ethiopia

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I think you are sincere in your belief but you can’t reason it out.

I will give you your old time religion, good luck and be blessed.

you’re ascribing morality to a Christian model to assume humans would otherwise be lawless and kill each other. That is happening anyway, non?
More people kill when they're out of the word and left to their own stupidities by God. Black Americans moved away from these traditions and now we have chaos among us.

Scripture isn't made for everyone. We all won't make it. I'd say try not to convince someone to come out of the word if it's helping them behave and be productive. The alternative lifestyle of atheism is chaotic and destructive since the standards have no tradition. You're left to your own foolishness.

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
I'm a nihilist. Most of the bible stories are disproved by science and I think religion is a way to have control over peoples mental. Most wars are due to religion and we're told to pray when things don't go our way rather than help each other.

It's crazy that there are many different religions and everyone thinks theirs is the correct one. Guess it's the arrogance/gullibility of man.

This. It's the dogma and coerced fear that led to my departure.

Religion talks about the devil. But not the origins. I was appalled when I discovered the concept of "Satan" comes from Greek mythology

05a9134e8713d9fa8102d18d8e080722.jpg

What I notice about spiritually.. the emphasis of energy (law of thermodynamics) and how a thoughts/person/environment can literally transform your life into heaven/hell.

Jeshaman

All Star
Daps
Ain't never been religious, even as a kid. I mean, hearing about a man living inside a whale for multiple days was nuts to me.

These days I'd say I believe in a higher power but I'm just not sold on it being what religion commonly depicts it as.

This is closest to my experience. Even as a kid i thought the Noah story was less likely to be true than a Superhero flick. It is wild to me that adults believe the stories in the bible.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
It's a shame how ignorant people are.
Ignorance happens, is very easy to commit amongst a mass of people and is tolerable and very widespread- hateful ignorance is not.

But who is eating hot chip today and who just got a BBL? I'm dying to know!

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I don't think I ever believed in him in the first place. Faked belief so I didn't alienate some of my peers or have problems with my mom till some time in high school.

Church time was nap time if my mother didn't catch me. Only thing I liked about going was because of the homies and the food.:yeshrug:

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember randomly one day in middle school I thought to myself "none of this shyt adds up:patrice:" I never looked at religion the same after that moment for some reason.
Yeah most people only believe it because it was drilled into them. Using common sense a lot of sci fi books are more plausible

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is closest to my experience. Even as a kid i thought the Noah story was less likely to be true than a Superhero flick. It is wild to me that adults believe the stories in the bible.
You also see complete scum bags like Trump, Putin, Kim jung and rich elite live long and die old and never face consequences. While god fearing people who pray every day and take the high road will struggle their whole lives. Shows you if there is a God he doesn’t have no effect on what goes on in this world. Life is strictly what you make it. No karma, No luck , no prayers all that shyt is superstitions

Last edited:

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Still believe in God, but I can see right through the for profit driven agenda that's the driving force of religion in this country.