Why Did Dreamcast flop?

Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Phantasy Star Online was the first time I played online.

I had so many bootlegs that needed that annoying boot disc. Then the self-boot games started coming out. I started selling those copies to friends at school.

I still have my dreamcast somewhere. I have the vga adapter so one day I'll try to finish Shenmue.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
im not trying to pass off anything as fact at all.

i told you from the door that im primarily a sports gamer. then i proceeded to repeat that sentiment multiple times thereafter.

i couldn't even rock with half of the stuff you mentioned. and then theres other stuff that was just played out by that point.

super punchout? really? sega had evander holyfield "real deal" boxing and "greatest heavyweights". hell, thats still the goat boxing series to this day. SNES didn't even have a boxing game that could f*ck wit the buster douglas joint. prime example of SNES being kid chit in comparison. and the keyword is in comparison. because again, im not calling it flat-out kid chit. im just saying that it came off that way in comparison to genesis.

but ur WRONG..cause even in COMPARISON...it wasn't kid shyt..lol..why u think SNES is regarded the way it is?...cause it literally did everything RIGHT...nintendo then was NOT what it is now...they had the games...from adult..to kids...it was a universal system dog and there's nikkas 5 years my senior that would tell u u trippin..it's kid shyt cause of a fukkin boxing game?..son..u wasn't a true gamer then...u liked what u liked...just say that and keep it movin fam...go into a retro game store and repeat what u sayin and u would get schooled my nikka..lol..

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
im not trying to pass off anything as fact at all.

i told you from the door that im primarily a sports gamer. then i proceeded to repeat that sentiment multiple times thereafter.

i couldn't even rock with half of the stuff you mentioned. and then theres other stuff that was just played out by that point.

SUPER PUNCHOUT!!?? really!!?? sega had evander holyfield "real deal" boxing and "greatest heavyweights". hell, thats still the goat boxing series to this day. SNES didn't even have a boxing game that could f*ck wit the buster douglas joint. prime example of SNES being kid chit in comparison. and the keyword is in comparison. because again, im not calling it flat-out kid chit. im just saying that it came off that way in comparison to genesis.

LION KING!!?? didn't they have a game for Aladdin over there? meanwhile, genesis had pit-fighter.:ahh:

nikka...SEGA had them shyts as well..the GENESIS version of ALADDIN was a FANTASTIC classic game and better than the SNES version.....this is how I KNOW u have no idea what u talkin bout...this is BEFORE gettin a Disney game was automatically corny..when they actually had good games...just leave it alone fam..lol...u wasn't a gamer like that..or..u ONLY had a Sega...pick one..

DocZulu

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My homeboy owned a Dreamcast when I owned the PS2. I used to clown him till I went to the crib and played that mo'fuxa.

On the Dreamcast, you could play online game, get disco'd, and then start back up where you left off! I was shocked.

PS3, 360...tell you right now, Dreamcast was one of the greatest consoles ever.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
but ur WRONG..cause even in COMPARISON...it wasn't kid shyt..lol..why u think SNES is regarded the way it is?...cause it literally did everything RIGHT...nintendo then was NOT what it is now...they had the games...from adult..to kids...it was a universal system dog and there's nikkas 5 years my senior that would tell u u trippin..it's kid shyt cause of a fukkin boxing game?..son..u wasn't a true gamer then...u liked what u liked...just say that and keep it movin fam...go into a retro game store and repeat what u sayin and u would get schooled my nikka..lol..

wrong about what?

i never claimed to be a "true gamer". i said a million times already that im primarily a sports-gamer. like 70 or 75% of my library is sports games, or at least pseudo-sports games. SNES had nothing to offer me most of the time. and when it did, genesis usually served up better versions. not just of sports titles, but of the other titles as well. youre getting yourself hyped up for nothing.

and yes, SNES was seen as the more kid-friendly system. i didn't just make this up. i admit, "kid chit" may be a strong term but you get the point. i could care less about what a bunch of dweebs working in a store have to say about that.

what the hell is a retro store tho? i need to get there. PUT ME ON. PLEASE!!!!

Daps
Reppin
Dallas
:what: its COMPLETELY NOT accurate as sayin the Wii is kid shyt...Genesis had Streets of Rage...SNES had Final Fight...the BETTER versions of Battletoads and Battletoads/Double Dragon...the BETTER Ninja Turtle games specifically Turtles In Time which is one of the GOAT beat em ups...F-Zero..the BEST Street Fighter games...shyt fighting games in general was damn near exclusively better than the Sega counterparts..Super Metroid...Castlevania Dracula X...the ONLY Mortal Kombat on Sega that was better was the 1st one...by the time the 2nd one dropped..NO CONTEST...if u went to the game store to ask which MK2 to get u would have been told to get the SNES version literally EVERY time my nikka...Killer Instinct...Chrono Trigger...Zelda...Mario World...Mario Kart...Donkey Kong Country series...Super Punch Out..Starfox...Sega had the better version of Aladdin...SNES had the better version of Lion King...and if u try to shyt on those I KNOW u aint fukk wit games like that...son..thing is...u sat there tryna compare the SNES to the fukkin Wii fam?..do u know how crazy that sounds?..lol..ur trippin and u really don't know what u talkin bout on this matter...If u want me to name the games that was better on Sega..I can do that for u right now as well...like I said..sayin the SNES is kid shyt is like sayin the PS2 is kid shyt...u would be better off sayin u didnt play games enough..u was into what u liked...cause now u tryna pass off some completely wrong opinion as fact...

:yes: I had most of the games you mentioned.

Final Fantasy 6

NBA JAM!!! :steviej:
Super Mario RPG, Mario All-Stars
Yoshi's Island

my friend had biker mice. game was the shyt

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RQB5w88GMc[/ame]

best system ever :blessed:

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
I remember hearing about this, alot of console players at the time wasn't interested in online gaming it seemed. Hell if the Dreamcast came out today with it's GOAT game selection :whew:.

i had unreal tournament on dreamcast because i didint own a good enough computer to run it at the time, you could play 4 on 4, i actually bought a mouse and keyboard as well, online gaming on dreamcast was great. i actually had a dreamcast june 1999 because i imported one, i still own it. i had marvel vs capcom 2 before everyone, had to download a special vmu memory thing because the characters had to be achieved through the japanese online thing which obviously i couldnt use. best incarnation of 3rd strike ever. loved it.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
wrong about what?

i never claimed to be a "true gamer". i said a million times already that im primarily a sports-gamer. like 70 or 75% of my library is sports games, or at least pseudo-sports games. SNES had nothing to offer me most of the time. and when it did, genesis usually served up better versions. not just of sports titles, but of the other titles as well. youre getting yourself hyped up for nothing.

and yes, SNES was seen as the more kid-friendly system. i didn't just make this up. i admit, "kid chit" may be a strong term but you get the point. i could care less about what a bunch of dweebs working in a store have to say about that.

what the hell is a retro store tho? i need to get there. PUT ME ON. PLEASE!!!!

son u compared the SNES to the Wii in terms of kid shyt and that's just flat out wrong...the SNES had mass appeal to both kid and adult crowds...just as the Sega...Nintendo just had a less gritty and more polished style than Sega but that was due to Sega's graphic limitations alot of the time...Sega did the sports games better most of time that's just a fact...SNES did fighting games better most of the time...when it came to cartoon animations..Sega did it better...SNES had the better platformers..RPG's...Fighting games alot of the time...the was bout equal with the side scrollers...Genesis was one of the greatest systems of all time and I wont take that away from it..but SNES wasn't kid shyt...it literally had flat out more quality games for the system...Sega had alot of good niche games as well..but the big titles..Nintendo had that...they both had some of the greatest games of all time...SNES just had more of them..lol...and yea fam..there's mad retro stores I cant tell u if there's any in Philly tho..

Daps
dreamcast failed because Sony played dirty and showed all of kinds of fake demo reels. "target renders" that never came into fruitation. Then the Sony played DVDs. People forget how important that was.

funny how the band of 3-f@g-a-cons criticize Mastersoft for their media implementation in the xbox 1. When without the destruction of Dreamcast piracy and PS2's DVD capabilities, the PS2 (worst console of all time), would have been dead in the water. fukk sony anyone and who buys their shyt products

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
dreamcast failed because Sony played dirty and showed all of kinds of fake demo reels. "target renders" that never came into fruitation. Then the Sony played DVDs. People forget how important that was.

funny how the band of 3-f@g-a-cons criticize Mastersoft for their media implementation in the xbox 1. When without the destruction of Dreamcast piracy and PS2's DVD capabilities, the PS2 (worst console of all time), would have been dead in the water. fukk sony anyone and who buys their shyt products

this is quite possibly the worst post ive ever read..Sega themselves wouldnt even say this bullshyt..lol..this nikka really sat there and said the PS2 was the worst console of all time?...the fukkin internet man..lol..

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
Phantasy Star Online was the first time I played online.

I had so many bootlegs that needed that annoying boot disc. Then the self-boot games started coming out. I started selling those copies to friends at school.

I still have my dreamcast somewhere. I have the vga adapter so one day I'll try to finish Shenmue.

phantasy star online was piff, evenwith the glitches that ruined your entire vmu lmao. its funny man, as much as i was online i had no idea by late 2000 it was gonna die, i was so deep into music i sort of stopped searching for game related shyt. i just enjoyed shyt for what it was.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
So many classics were on the Dreamcast. So many hours wasted playing Phantasy Stars Online. :noah:

Someone get the team behind power stone 2 back together :sadbron:

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
i had unreal tournament on dreamcast because i didint own a good enough computer to run it at the time, you could play 4 on 4, i actually bought a mouse and keyboard as well, online gaming on dreamcast was great. i actually had a dreamcast june 1999 because i imported one, i still own it. i had marvel vs capcom 2 before everyone, had to download a special vmu memory thing because the characters had to be achieved through the japanese online thing which obviously i couldnt use. best incarnation of 3rd strike ever. loved it.

When I had a Dreamcast I begged my dad for online he just kept saying "fukk U NEED ONLINE FOR PLAY THE COMPUTER"....man we need a new Unreal Tournament now a days :ohlawd: