Why Did Dreamcast flop?

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
snes i think was slightly stronger than genesis because of the fx chip i believe. They were pretty close, genesis had sonic, sports games from ea, and the blood code for mortal kombat

both systems rode hard i was glad to have both snes and genesis

and yeah more dreamcast games i forgot about shenmue and ready 2 rumble

this might have actually been my top gaming memory...its either between dreamcast or n64 for me personally...wrestling games on n64 zelda goldeneye

that was probably my gaming peak...technically games are much more immersive and from a technical standpoint probably superior but its just not the same fun for me today

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:what: Son..Genesis blew the SNES out of the water?..u have no idea what u talkin bout right now and I could literally write pages on how absolutely wrong u are from a technical and a game standpoint..lol..like..the MAIN shyt Sega had on SNES was some of the sports games...but at one point majority of the multiplats were undeniably better on SNES...to say the the SNES was "kid shyt" ain't even an opinion...shyt is flat out wrong...this is coming from a nikka who thoroughly enjoyed both consoles...I can literally list what games were better on each system...opinion comes into what system u preferred more but saying SNES was kid shyt is as accurate as sayin the PS2 was kid shyt...

http://www.the-coli.com/arcadium/124529-sega-genesis-goat-most-durable-system.html#post4607192

no. its as accurate as saying that the Wii is kid chit.

i didn't even go that far tho. i didn't say it was kid chit. i said it was kid chit in comparison to genesis.

again, im more of a sports guy. so naturally, im gonna say that genesis blew SNES out the water. not just because of the sports games, but also because of stuff like the road rash series, the streets of rage series, the sonic series, mortal kombat was rawer, and the wrestling games were better(if you don't count that under sports).

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
http://www.the-coli.com/arcadium/124529-sega-genesis-goat-most-durable-system.html#post4607192

no. its as accurate as saying that the Wii is kid chit.

i didn't even go that far tho. i didn't say it was kid chit. i said it was kid chit in comparison to genesis.

again, im more of a sports guy. so naturally, im gonna say that genesis blew SNES out the water. not just because of the sports games, but also because of stuff like the road rash series, the streets of rage series, the sonic series, mortal kombat was rawer, and the wrestling games were better(if you don't count that under sports).
:what: its COMPLETELY NOT accurate as sayin the Wii is kid shyt...Genesis had Streets of Rage...SNES had Final Fight...the BETTER versions of Battletoads and Battletoads/Double Dragon...the BETTER Ninja Turtle games specifically Turtles In Time which is one of the GOAT beat em ups...F-Zero..the BEST Street Fighter games...shyt fighting games in general was damn near exclusively better than the Sega counterparts..Super Metroid...Castlevania Dracula X...the ONLY Mortal Kombat on Sega that was better was the 1st one...by the time the 2nd one dropped..NO CONTEST...if u went to the game store to ask which MK2 to get u would have been told to get the SNES version literally EVERY time my nikka...Killer Instinct...Chrono Trigger...Zelda...Mario World...Mario Kart...Donkey Kong Country series...Super Punch Out..Starfox...Sega had the better version of Aladdin...SNES had the better version of Lion King...and if u try to shyt on those I KNOW u aint fukk wit games like that...son..thing is...u sat there tryna compare the SNES to the fukkin Wii fam?..do u know how crazy that sounds?..lol..ur trippin and u really don't know what u talkin bout on this matter...If u want me to name the games that was better on Sega..I can do that for u right now as well...like I said..sayin the SNES is kid shyt is like sayin the PS2 is kid shyt...u would be better off sayin u didnt play games enough..u was into what u liked...cause now u tryna pass off some completely wrong opinion as fact...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
snes i think was slightly stronger than genesis because of the fx chip i believe. They were pretty close, genesis had sonic, sports games from ea, and the blood code for mortal kombat

both systems rode hard i was glad to have both snes and genesis

and yeah more dreamcast games i forgot about shenmue and ready 2 rumble

this might have actually been my top gaming memory...its either between dreamcast or n64 for me personally...wrestling games on n64 zelda goldeneye

that was probably my gaming peak...technically games are much more immersive and from a technical standpoint probably superior but its just not the same fun for me today
Sega did like 2 things better than the SNES...but SNES was stronger in about every other category...this is all facts fam...had nothing to do with which u might have liked better cause Sega had it's own style but nikkas in here comparin the SNES to a damn Wii just showin they don't need to be talkin bout video games...lol...

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
fake my nikka..lol..
No..gif

:troll:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

not even that, necessarily.

sega sports was just as :whew: as EA.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Genesis vs Snes was the most balanced gen ever. If you owned both, you were truly :blessed: and :eat:

Genesis had the gritty Arcade ports, shoot em ups, and better sports titles
SNES had the RPGs and platformers on lock

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Son I peeped what was goin on wit those systems and was following since before they dropped so I made sure I had that Playstation on deck when it first dropped...and yea that Dreamcast was so ill man...Like I said I still play it...

I copped the Saturn because at the time me and all my people were heavy into fighting games, and Saturn had arcade perfect ports of all the Capcom games.

But yeah I copped a PS1 shortly after that.

Fred.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Genesis vs Snes was the most balanced gen ever. If you owned both, you were truly :blessed: and :eat:

Genesis had the gritty Arcade ports, shoot em ups, and better sports titles
SNES had the RPGs and platformers on lock

by the middle of the gen the SNES had arcade ports on lock my g...other than that u right..lol...

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:what: its COMPLETELY NOT accurate as sayin the Wii is kid shyt...Genesis had Streets of Rage...SNES had Final Fight...the BETTER versions of Battletoads and Battletoads/Double Dragon...the BETTER Ninja Turtle games specifically Turtles In Time which is one of the GOAT beat em ups...F-Zero..the BEST Street Fighter games...shyt fighting games in general was damn near exclusively better than the Sega counterparts..Super Metroid...Castlevania Dracula X...the ONLY Mortal Kombat on Sega that was better was the 1st one...by the time the 2nd one dropped..NO CONTEST...if u went to the game store to ask which MK2 to get u would have been told to get the SNES version literally EVERY time my nikka...Killer Instinct...Chrono Trigger...Zelda...Mario World...Mario Kart...Donkey Kong Country series...Super Punch Out..Starfox...Sega had the better version of Aladdin...SNES had the better version of Lion King...and if u try to shyt on those I KNOW u aint fukk wit games like that...son..thing is...u sat there tryna compare the SNES to the fukkin Wii fam?..do u know how crazy that sounds?..lol..ur trippin and u really don't know what u talkin bout on this matter...If u want me to name the games that was better on Sega..I can do that for u right now as well...like I said..sayin the SNES is kid shyt is like sayin the PS2 is kid shyt...u would be better off sayin u didnt play games enough..u was into what u liked...cause now u tryna pass off some completely wrong opinion as fact...

im not trying to pass off anything as fact at all.

i told you from the door that im primarily a sports gamer. then i proceeded to repeat that sentiment multiple times thereafter.

i couldn't even rock with half of the stuff you mentioned. and then theres other stuff that was just played out by that point.

SUPER PUNCHOUT!!?? really!!?? sega had evander holyfield "real deal" boxing and "greatest heavyweights". hell, thats still the goat boxing series to this day. SNES didn't even have a boxing game that could f*ck wit the buster douglas joint. prime example of SNES being kid chit in comparison. and the keyword is in comparison. because again, im not calling it flat-out kid chit. im just saying that it came off that way in comparison to genesis.

LION KING!!?? didn't they have a game for Aladdin over there? meanwhile, genesis had pit-fighter.:ahh:

I copped the Saturn because at the time me and all my people were heavy into fighting games, and Saturn had arcade perfect ports of all the Capcom games.

But yeah I copped a PS1 shortly after that.

Fred.

i remember they had these joints:

virtua fighter
virtua cop
that racing game

theres a couple others that had the arcade on smash. i cant think of the names tho.

yea, this is another reason why Saturn was kind of poppin at first.