Why Did Dreamcast flop?

Daps
this is quite possibly the worst post ive ever read..Sega themselves wouldnt even say this bullshyt..lol..this nikka really sat there and said the PS2 was the worst console of all time?...the fukkin internet man..lol..

worst system ever. a whole library that catered to weabos and nerds. im cool. It solidified the age of cut-scenes and FMV. FF10, metal solid 2, xenosaga. I can go on and on. PS2 took the gaming out of gaming and repaced it with movies and feminine looking male characters.

I ended up giving mine away to a charity. If it wasn't for microsoft, we would have games where it was just one big FMV and you barely pressed more than one button. Oh wait we did have a game like that! Heavy Rain. Brought to us Exclusively by ....who?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what: Son..Genesis blew the SNES out of the water?..u have no idea what u talkin bout right now and I could literally write pages on how absolutely wrong u are from a technical and a game standpoint..lol..like..the MAIN shyt Sega had on SNES was some of the sports games...but at one point majority of the multiplats were undeniably better on SNES...to say the the SNES was "kid shyt" ain't even an opinion...shyt is flat out wrong...this is coming from a nikka who thoroughly enjoyed both consoles...I can literally list what games were better on each system...opinion comes into what system u preferred more but saying SNES was kid shyt is as accurate as sayin the PS2 was kid shyt...

Nah. Overall, Genesis was way more gator than the SNES, and I had both systems.....The culture that Madden\NBA Live on the genesis spawned within itself was >>>>than whatever the SNES had to offer.........

But your opinion is just that, yours...

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
worst system ever. a whole library that catered to weabos and nerds. im cool. It solidified the age of cut-scenes and FMV. FF10, metal solid 2, xenosaga. I can go on and on. PS2 took the gaming out of gaming and repaced it with movies and feminine looking male characters.

I ended up giving mine away to a charity. If it wasn't for microsoft, we would have games where it was just one big FMV and you barely pressed more than one button. Oh wait we did have a game like that! Heavy Rain. Brought to us Exclusively by ....who?

That's not entirely true.

The only reason you remember Sony pushing the FMV/cut-scene shyt is because they were the most successful console at the time.

However, that's what was popping in general. Sega CD was doing it. Saturn was doing it. Hell, Nintendo even outsourced FMV Zelda games to Phillips CD-I.

Microsoft didn't have anything to do with killing off that trend because the trend was already on it's way out before XBOX even dropped.

Fred.

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
When I had a Dreamcast I begged my dad for online he just kept saying "fukk U NEED ONLINE FOR PLAY THE COMPUTER"....man we need a new Unreal Tournament now a days :ohlawd:

lmao my nikka i wasted every check on comic books and dreamcast games, i had star gladiator 2 (i think it was called plasma blade i cant remember) 1st and 2nd impact of street fighter 3, soul calibur, breh i had this shyt in june of 1999 before everyone, EVERYONE, i had nikkas in my hood like

:merchant::merchant::merchant: at them graphics

i was 16/17 at the time, this was before rent and life caught up with me, its funny now that i think about it, i used all my money for that shyt, it was fun.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I dunno how old you cats are but the Genesis was not fukking with the SNES from any angle. People are applying 2013 standards to the 16-bit era....talking about "but Sega had sports on lock"....son sports games were such a niche market back then it's irrelevant. Platformers/side scrolling action games were the #1 genre and Nintendo had that shyt locked down. Why do you think Sega created Sonic the Hedgehog? And Turbo-Grafix 16 had Bonk? And Sony created Crash Bandicoot? And Sega had Nights on the Saturn? Platformers ran the 90s.

And for the record I'm not talking about what you specifically liked to play. I'm saying, platformers were the most popular genre, and Nintendo had that on smash for damn near the whole decade, so they ran shyt.

Fred.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:childplease:

GTFOHWTBS

fukk the tech specs....

The sega master system was by far technically superior to the NES and how did that turn out...??

The PS3 was heavier tech wise than the 360 and how did that turn out in the states...??
1..I posted the specs for someone else cause he said they were pretty much even power wise...2..SNES isn't the Sega master system...or the PS3..it's the SNES..and it lived up to the specs...had more classic games..it just had more games in general...did u forget the SNES came out on top that gen?..I had both systems...had hundreds of games...I'm not some fanboy nikka...also..PS3 is currently AHEAD of Xbox 360 even tho the 360 had the lead platform advantage cause it came out A YEAR earlier..was CHEAPER...and was EASIER to develop for...on top of people coppin multiple systems cause of technical issues...don't hit me wit half ass questions...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I dunno how old you cats are but the Genesis was not fukking with the SNES from any angle. People are applying 2013 standards to the 16-bit era....talking about "but Sega had sports on lock"....son sports games were such a niche market back then it's irrelevant. Platformers/side scrolling action games were the #1 genre and Nintendo had that shyt locked down. Why do you think Sega created Sonic the Hedgehog? And Turbo-Grafix 16 had Bonk? And Sony created Crash Bandicoot? And Sega had Nights on the Saturn? Platformers ran the 90s.

And for the record I'm not talking about what you specifically liked to play. I'm saying, platformers were the most popular genre, and Nintendo had that on smash for damn near the whole decade, so they ran shyt.

Fred.

EXACTLY...these nikkas in here trippin...applying what THEY liked to play to what reality was...I remember clearly as I was a fan and had both systems with a plethora of games...more games than anyone else I knew actually...

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
It flopped because everybody was bootlegging like a motherfukker. It was too easy to burn a copy of a game without having to mod your system.

I easily had over 100 games. Games I had no interest in and Rom Emulators for the NES and Genesis. For the life of the system, I only bought about 5 games for the system.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
That's not entirely true.

The only reason you remember Sony pushing the FMV/cut-scene shyt is because they were the most successful console at the time.

However, that's what was popping in general. Sega CD was doing it. Saturn was doing it. Hell, Nintendo even outsourced FMV Zelda games to Phillips CD-I.

Microsoft didn't have anything to do with killing off that trend because the trend was already on it's way out before XBOX even dropped.

Fred.

Thank u...I didnt even think it was worth responding to actually..nikkas showin they lack of gaming knowledge..lol

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
lmao my nikka i wasted every check on comic books and dreamcast games, i had star gladiator 2 (i think it was called plasma blade i cant remember) 1st and 2nd impact of street fighter 3, soul calibur, breh i had this shyt in june of 1999 before everyone, EVERYONE, i had nikkas in my hood like

:merchant::merchant::merchant: at them graphics

i was 16/17 at the time, this was before rent and life caught up with me, its funny now that i think about it, i used all my money for that shyt, it was fun.

First game I had for Dreamcast was Soul Calibur those graphics even when I used to play it on a iPhone a while back looks so crisp but I can't ever hold it over how well designed/animated the sprites were for the SF3 series they looked so fluid :noah:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
1..I posted the specs for someone else cause he said they were pretty much even power wise...2..SNES isn't the Sega master system...or the PS3..it's the SNES..and it lived up to the specs...had more classic games..it just had more games in general...did u forget the SNES came out on top that gen?..I had both systems...had hundreds of games...I'm not some fanboy nikka...also..PS3 is currently AHEAD of Xbox 360 even tho the 360 had the lead platform advantage cause it came out A YEAR earlier..was CHEAPER...and was EASIER to develop for...on top of people coppin multiple systems cause of technical issues...don't hit me wit half ass questions...

Invalidates your whole post.......Any cat that says that PS3 won the console battle against 360 box in the states is a fanboy.....But say what ya must....

Real types know better

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Nah. Overall, Genesis was way more gator than the SNES, and I had both systems.....The culture that Madden\NBA Live on the genesis spawned within itself was >>>>than whatever the SNES had to offer.........

But your opinion is just that, yours...

Umm..no..u think some damn niche sports games outclassed all them GOAT games on the SNES that set the fukkin STANDARD in video gaming at the time and for years to come?..y'all nikkas need to get outta y'all box...and I had both systems as well and like I said before...literally HUNDREDS of games between both systems...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Invalidates your whole post.......Any cat that says that PS3 won the console battle against 360 box in the states is a fanboy.....But say what ya must....

Real types know better

fukk a states nikka..THE WORLD...PS3 is ahead...your box<<<<<<The World...Sony damn near GAVE Microsoft that lead cause of the mistakes they made in the beginning of the gen...and more than made up for it...not a fanboy statement..it's the truth...and it doesn't invalidate anything I said about the other systems either..u just latching onto that cause there is nothing else u can latch on to...all of what I said was fact...I would rather sell out all over the world than just the damn states...a sale is a sale..period..