Why counterfeit sneakers are booming

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
They don't come looking like this no more

elhqwiaiiegjffaiqzqg.jpg
I’m saying tho. If you walking somewhere and got some fakes on and get a compliment. No way you tell that person you got on fakes. You gonna let them believe that shyt is real

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
I’m a heavy sneakerhead, and beholden to my morals so I can’t ever do it, but at this point they come from the same factories. shyt the fakes are more consistent than the reals
They're not....stitching is big part of how you can tell...people who buy reps will try and say oh but there are QC issues already on retail pairs....true....but not on the stitching....and you can even see loose threads on reps....if you've been in the game for a while they are not hard to spot....

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Fax breh. Like if I was to rock some fake shyt that secret is going with me to the grave
:heh:

You need to find circles that don't care about whether what you got on is fake or not.

Are there grown men who care deeply about whether shoes on @Another Koala are fake or not?

Apart from @CrimsonTider, he's a bonafide faggit

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Do any of you canal street warriors actually hoop? The quality is really the same? Don't front tell me the truth somebody :damn:

Why would you hoop in shoes worth a couple hundreds of dollars?

Awesome soccer cleats cost $120 a pair, you can get great ones for $70. Because after a few hundred miles they get worn out. If you wanna hoop, why not buy a reasonably priced shoe from Footlocker?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The value of the shoe is artificially inflated
No it is not. Its set by the original creator.

And you should know this but the value in the market is going to resellers who bot buy the shoes enmasse, not Nike or other designers, who only get paid retail.
This happens to other markets. The consumers just arent as desperate and superficial as sneaker consumers. You sounding real desperate in here. Not a healthy look.

Do you buy bootleg electronics? Cars? Food?

. They just want to rock a clean pair of shoes at a decent price.
They have plenty of legit options for you then.

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
I knew the game was done when I seen Middle schoolers in Louisiana rocking Diors, McQueens and Balenciagas. And roughhousing in them. :snoop:

I'm not going to be wearing designer and some kids rocking the same as me, but he paid a fraction for them. He winning really.

That's why I rock Bally's and the not so popular styles.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
You need to find circles that don't care about whether what you got on is fake or not.

Are there grown men who care deeply about whether shoes on @Another Koala are fake or not?

Apart from @CrimsonTider, he's a bonafide faggit
Cut that out breh. Ain’t no circles out there that’s gonna praise you for rocking fakes irl. If that was case y’all wouldn’t be bragging about how authentic they look
:mjlol:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They're not....stitching is big part of how you can tell...people who buy reps will try and say oh but there are QC issues already on retail pairs....true....but not on the stitching....and you can even see loose threads on reps....if you've been in the game for a while they are not hard to spot....
I will definitely acquiesce to you here, because I only have a surface level take on reps tbh. Since I don’t do resell either I plan on keeping it that way :pachaha: but they are infinitely better than the ones I saw coming up

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Why would you hoop in shoes worth a couple hundreds of dollars?

Awesome soccer cleats cost $120 a pair, you can get great ones for $70. Because after a few hundred miles they get worn out. If you wanna hoop, why not buy a reasonably priced shoe from Footlocker?

uhhh....For performance and style....that's what they're designed for....

you 1 of them Yeezy brehs wearing those wader boots nowhere near a swamp huh :mjlol:

appreciate your feedback tho, real helpful.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
No it is not. Its set by the original creator.

This happens to other markets. The consumers just arent as desperate and superficial as sneaker consumers. You sounding real desperate in here. Not a healthy look.

They have plenty of legit options for you then.

1. No it's not :mjlol: Nike doesn't set the price of shoes on StockX (which is the actual price seen by a lot of people who don't have access to bots or connects)

2. There's no desperation here. Just having a conversation. It does happen in other markets actually. They got rooms in Dubai full of high quality fake designer bags and goods that people from all over the world come to buy. It's just basic economics though: demand from the original maker or others will fill a void caused by artificial scarcity.

3. True. And the rep makers got a lot of options too, and the numbers say their product is selling :mjgrin:

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Cut that out breh. Ain’t no circles out there that’s gonna praise you for rocking fakes irl. If that was case y’all wouldn’t be bragging about how authentic they look
:mjlol:

No one's gonna praise you for wearing fakes. But I promise you there are people out there who don't give a fukk about what you got on your feet. I'd say on average, find more of those ones to have in your circles.

Goes without saying that bragging about clothing, or looking for praise on what you wearing, whether real or fake, makes you a faggit.

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
So wear sketchers then? If its about the value of the shoe?

Whyd you put the words real and fake in quotations? One is real, original design. The other is copying the original design and may have lower quality work.

You want the design but dont want to pay the people who came up with the design. Thats corny. In all aspects of life, just not shoes.
Don’t worry about what I wear. My entire family point went over your head.

get my pool

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It seems like the stigma around reps is people still think that they’re just gonna send you some low quality bullshyt with bad logos and misspellings. That’s just not the case anymore. You get to see the shoes before you pay money for them.