Why counterfeit sneakers are booming

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
That's what they saying why you getting so mad about it?

I’m not mad at all breh. I’m just stating my opinion and giving history on how this topic played out the last time we had a big thread on it. nikkas will say the most outlandish shyt on here and sometimes I feel compelled to speak on it.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That's what they saying why you getting so mad about it?

Because some people validate themselves relative to others by what they buy :sas1:

You can shout about quality all you want, but at the end of the day, someone who bought his shoes at double retail from StockX is gonna feel some kind of way that others circumvented that by buying quality reps for much cheaper from the same nikkas that made the store shoes... And their only fall back is: "you broke, you wearing fakes... Unlike me"

Most likely. :sas2:

Coincidentally, you see the same shyt in the passport brehs threads :mjlol:

The need to be validated or feel superior than others is a terrible disease.

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
I’m about to hurt y’all nikkas feelings. Counterfeit sneakers are booming because it’s a lot of broke boys out here. It’s that simple.
I think you're failing to realize that the idea of real vs fake and fake vs. replica is going out the window. In 2022, shyt is about aesthetic and results. Brand names are panicking as people don't really care about brands as much. This is how you get FashionNova and ASOS running shyt with knock offs, or Zara/Pacsun rippin off designer looks.

The reality is that big name brands have gotten by with ridiculous profit margins on upcharges. Quality may not be 1 to 1. but their quality can be like 80% mimicked for pennies. "Luxury" Brands in the next 10 years are going to have to figure out how to appeal to everyday people because ppl that can afford it are starting to realize their friend who isn't living the same way gets the same aesthetic and results for 10% of the cost.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
I think you're failing to realize that the idea of real vs fake and fake vs. replica is going out the window. In 2022, shyt is about aesthetic and results. Brand names are panicking as people don't really care about brands as much. This is how you get FashionNova and ASOS running shyt with knock offs, or Zara/Pacsun rippin off designer looks.

The reality is that big name brands have gotten by with ridiculous profit margins on upcharges. Quality may not be 1 to 1. but their quality can be like 80% mimicked for pennies. "Luxury" Brands in the next 10 years are going to have to figure out how to appeal to everyday people because ppl that can afford it are starting to realize their friend who isn't living the same way gets the same aesthetic and results for 10% of the cost.
Naw bruh....broke bois just can't help themselves....word to Ben Salagas....:laff::laff::laff:....

J-MIL

Fly Sh!t Only
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, The 100's
Nikkas had a whole big azz thread on here a couple years ago. Some Chinese site they had some decent quality shyt too. But I never copped nothing

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
One of the guys bought a pair of "Fake-o-max" for $50.00....and is proud of it.

20220520-230131.jpg

Can't be me though. The real ones don't even come in that color. :mjlol:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The funny thing is that the “real” and “fake” shoes are likely coming from the same factory. Humans validate things that they like and don’t like. Might as well pay $100 for a shoe that cost $20 to make as opposed to resale prices.

They’re not coming from the same factory.

Basically, the factories they make authentic products recruit workers.

The workers they don’t get selected because they’re not skilled enough get snatched up by the bootleg factories.