Why counterfeit sneakers are booming

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I think you're failing to realize that the idea of real vs fake and fake vs. replica is going out the window. In 2022, shyt is about aesthetic and results. Brand names are panicking as people don't really care about brands as much. This is how you get FashionNova and ASOS running shyt with knock offs, or Zara/Pacsun rippin off designer looks.

The reality is that big name brands have gotten by with ridiculous profit margins on upcharges. Quality may not be 1 to 1. but their quality can be like 80% mimicked for pennies. "Luxury" Brands in the next 10 years are going to have to figure out how to appeal to everyday people because ppl that can afford it are starting to realize their friend who isn't living the same way gets the same aesthetic and results for 10% of the cost.
:laff:

Y’all will rationalize anything

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Damn I must be outta touch cuz when did nikkas start bragging about rocking fakes?
:wtf:

That’s some shyt you gotta keep to yourself. I know damn well y’all ain’t telling people that irl
:heh:

I think there's a lot of value in de-stigmatizing fakes. No one should be paying over retail for these shoes nor should they be ashamed that their shoes aren't authentic.

:hubie:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I think there's a lot of value in de-stigmatizing fakes. No one should be paying over retail for these shoes nor should they be ashamed that their shoes aren't authentic.

:hubie:
I get the point of why people get fakes becuz they cost less. But to tell people you got on some fakes defeats the purpose of why you wanted the shoe in the first place

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I get the point of why people get fakes becuz they cost less. But to tell people you got on some fakes defeats the purpose of why you wanted the shoe in the first place

the better reps don't cost much less than authentics. We don't buy shoes to tell people that they're authentic, we buy them because we like the way they look. Another thread made about reps maybe a month ago led me to purchase a pair of cherry red 11s and I'm very impressed with the quality.

RVl6jVa.jpg

get my pool

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If I take a L on some shoes I really want, of course I’m buying reps before I pay resell. Paying resell prices for anything is dead.

Was on the ntwrk site when the No Bad Days New Balances dropped and the shyt went from a countdown straight to sold out. Now am I gonna pay $600+ resell or $80 for the reps?🤔
:mjlol:

Last edited:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
the better reps don't cost much less than authentics. We don't buy shoes to tell people that they're authentic, we buy them because we like the way they look. Another thread made about reps maybe a month ago led me to purchase a pair of cherry red 11s and I'm very impressed with the quality.

RVl6jVa.jpg
The fact that they are 11s proves my whole point tho. I’m willing to bet money you’d never cop a fly pair of replica Avias
:heh: