Why counterfeit sneakers are booming

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The video is a very interesting watch, their own investigators have confirmed that some of the reps are being produced in the same factories as authentic shoes, something many people have suspected for a while now.

:wow:

From my time in retail I learned that a lot of 'fake' goods are actually authentic but have failed the quality checks for even the most minute things

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
The average consumer aint trying to purchase exclusive sneakers that resellers buy up

Just regular ass affordable shoes

The quality of fakes are better than before and the brands aren't as regal as they use to be

So people buying fakes and random Chinese brands off Amazon that look good for $50 or less

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Naw bruh....broke bois just can't help themselves....word to Ben Salagas....:laff::laff::laff:....

lol Its not about broke tho, its the rich seeing no value in an item that can be easily knocked-off.

I work with luxury brands and they are scared to death, only a few aren't shook. You can't knock-off a rolls royce. But you can knock-off shoes, watches, clothes, chains, etc pretty easily.

The analogy would be like paying high prices for rare $300-$2000 retro J's and there being an imaginary option to use NikeID to make your own jordans that look exactly the same for $100.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Still doesn't make sense to buy knockoffs for 160-200 but people will always be happy to fake it until they make it.
They not gonna be happy til they glue come off the soles of one of their J's and the shyt making that clunk clap sound as they walk through the mall or another public place

I see it happen at Kings Plaza with a dude wearing a pair of bred 11's one day....clunkth, clapth, clap, clap

Acting like everyone ain't see it either. That sold me off of "replicas" and "b grades" and all that other shyt off rip

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
lol Its not about broke tho, its the rich seeing no value in an item that can be easily knocked-off.

I work with luxury brands and they are scared to death, only a few aren't shook. You can't knock-off a rolls royce. But you can knock-off shoes, watches, clothes, chains, etc pretty easily.

The analogy would be like paying high prices for rare $300-$2000 retro J's and there being an imaginary option to use NikeID to make your own jordans that look exactly the same for $100.

To him it's about broke though. Remember, if your self worth is in what you wear, why wouldn't you call rep buyers broke, regardless of whether they are or aren't?

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City

Bruh this has been going on for years....and I'm a big time shoe collector since '89....with shoes it is about broke bois just trying to keep up with the jones's....I understand though if you ain't got it...shoes are seen as status symbols in schools all across the US....but to be honest it's always been like that....

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The funny thing is that the “real” and “fake” shoes are likely coming from the same factory. Humans validate things that they like and don’t like. Might as well pay $100 for a shoe that cost $20 to make as opposed to resale prices.
So wear sketchers then? If its about the value of the shoe?

Whyd you put the words real and fake in quotations? One is real, original design. The other is copying the original design and may have lower quality work.

You want the design but dont want to pay the people who came up with the design. Thats corny. In all aspects of life, just not shoes.

Kasper KArr

Go-getter from the Lower East Side
Daps
I’m about to hurt y’all nikkas feelings. Counterfeit sneakers are booming because it’s a lot of broke boys out here. It’s that simple.
fukk up maricon. You rock fufu shyt. Post that balencifufu bag you posted a while back lol corn ball ass nikka. And you p*ssy too!

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So wear sketchers then? If its about the value of the shoe?

Whyd you put the words real and fake in quotations? One is real, original design. The other is copying the original design and may have lower quality work.

You want the design but dont want to pay the people who came up with the design. Thats corny. In all aspects of life, just not shoes.

The value of the shoe is artificially inflated. There wouldn't be a marker for quality replicas if the supply matched the demand. And you should know this but the value in the market is going to resellers who bot buy the shoes enmasse, not Nike or other designers, who only get paid retail. They would probably make more money if they increased production.

Some people like how Nike designs look, and don't buy into that fatherless sneakerhead culture bullshyt curated in inner city public schools, of who's wearing what. They just want to rock a clean pair of shoes at a decent price. Some buy Sketchers, some buy Nikes. It absolutely shouldn't be a problem for anyone else but Nike probably.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
The value of the shoe is artificially inflated. There wouldn't be a marker for quality replicas if the supply matched the demand. And you should know this but the value in the market is going to resellers who bot buy the shoes enmasse, not Nike or other designers, who only get paid retail. They would probably make more money if they increased production.

Some people like how Nike designs look, and don't buy into that fatherless sneakerhead culture bullshyt curated in inner city public schools, of who's wearing what. They just want to rock a clean pair of shoes at a decent price. Some buy Sketchers, some buy Nikes. It absolutely shouldn't be a problem for anyone else but Nike probably.

correct, but the problem is pretty clear to me now, if reps are so good that authenticators have to smell the shoes as a means of testing, when you're out in public wearing them, no one will be the wiser. At that point, what really separates you from the person that paid retail?

:wow:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I’m about to hurt y’all nikkas feelings. Counterfeit sneakers are booming because it’s a lot of broke boys out here. It’s that simple.
i dont have any counterfeits...but i think the reason is because of how quick the real ones sell out

nobody trying to pay 4,5 times the MSRP on the resale market