Why counterfeit sneakers are booming

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
Man if y’all nikkas don’t buy y’all fake shyt in peace and humbly. Cause when y’all start saying, oh you can barley tell and they made in the same factory…nikka they still fake and non authentic. They called replicas for a reason. They not the same.

We had one big ass thread on here about reps and nikkas was getting way too OD. shyt went from, it’s dumb to spend all that money on the real product, to nikkas saying the replicas were better versions of authentic shoes. Like damn nikka, if you wanna buy fake shoes just say that smh
at the end of the day we’re all getting played because the true price of the shoes are way less than what the average person pays for them.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
No one's gonna praise you for wearing fakes. But I promise you there are people out there who don't give a fukk about what you got on your feet. I'd say on average, find more of those ones to have in your circles.

Goes without saying that bragging about clothing, or looking for praise on what you wearing, whether real or fake, makes you a faggit.
But if you didn’t care about that you wouldn’t rock fly reps to begin with

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It seems like the stigma around reps is people still think that they’re just gonna send you some low quality bullshyt with bad logos and misspellings. That’s just not the case anymore. You get to see the shoes before you pay money for them.
Thats not the stigma. The stigma is if you missed out on the original drop or cant afford the real thing then you look pathetic and desperate buying knock offs.

Posters looking real desperate in here defending they fakes :laff:

BuckFilly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
pg
They not gonna be happy til they glue come off the soles of one of their J's and the shyt making that clunk clap sound as they walk through the mall or another public place

I see it happen at Kings Plaza with a dude wearing a pair of bred 11's one day....clunkth, clapth, clap, clap

Acting like everyone ain't see it either. That sold me off of "replicas" and "b grades" and all that other shyt off rip
No you didn’t

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Here's a good starting point:

4vl2y5en1j4a1.jpg

giphy.gif

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
uhhh....For performance and style....that's what they're designed for....

you 1 of them Yeezy brehs wearing those wader boots nowhere near a swamp huh :mjlol:

appreciate your feedback tho, real helpful.

Unless you're a professional basketball player, where your livelihood is basketball, it makes no sense to me to pay inflated prices for shyt you sweat and jump in. It's gonna be beat in 6 months, then what??

Salute tho.

But if you didn’t care about that you wouldn’t rock fly reps to begin with

What? Pricing is a good enough reason to buy a version of something that's slightly worse in quality. We do this all the time, with other items. I bought a $1000 TV and skipped passed the $5000 one because even though it was better, the marginal utility jump (more economics) over $4000 didn't make sense. Many people feel the same about replicas. May not have anything to do with how they're perceived.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Not wanting to pay resell = not being able to afford the real thing?

It's more of that sneakerhead culture. To those who subscribe to this, you have 1 of 3 honorable options:

1. Wait in line (digital/physical) for shoes
2. When option 1 fails, go on StockX and get bent over by resellers
3. If you can't do 1 or 2, resign yourself to the fate of not wearing what designs you like.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Unless you're a professional basketball player, where your livelihood is basketball, it makes no sense to me to pay inflated prices for shyt you sweat and jump in. It's gonna be beat in 6 months, then what??

Salute tho.

What? Pricing is a good enough reason to buy a version of something that's slightly worse in quality. We do this all the time, with other items. I bought a $1000 TV and skipped passed the $5000 one because even though it was better, the marginal utility jump (more economics) over $4000 didn't make sense. Many people feel the same about replicas. May not have anything to do with how they're perceived.

breh if you from BK you must have a strong jaw and a whole lot of scars. You didn't sense my sarcasm about appreciate the info real helpful? Giving me lectures and shyt when I'm asking about performance. Answer the question or don't quote me I don't need your canal street warrior ass probing my mentality not answering my questions you clown.

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Bruh this has been going on for years....and I'm a big time shoe collector since '89....with shoes it is about broke bois just trying to keep up with the jones's....I understand though if you ain't got it...shoes are seen as status symbols in schools all across the US....but to be honest it's always been like that....
I'm telling you there's not going to be a need for knock-offs when there's a replica (sometimes even better quality) from another brand or their own brand.

You are already seeing it. Brehs were droppin $400 on Common Projects, then Koio and Tuesday shoe company have a shoes that's nearly identical for half the price.

Knockoffs have always been a thing for those who can't afford them, but you are seeing the rise in official brands making replica alternatives at cheaper prices. That is what is changing, the definition of real vs. fake. It's eating market share and brands are going to have to address it