Why aren't men like Steph Curry

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Praised and acknowledged by other black men?:jbhmm:

As a black woman, even though chaste and classy women get some hate from other black women, they are usually admired. That is usually the opposite for men.

For so long the rhetoric has been that women do not want a good, upstanding man. They want the bad boy who will blow their backs out and send them packing. So naturally, men's argument has been to fall in line with what women want in order to get them.

All of a sudden, ayesha curry steps on the scene and it's "oh I want I woman like ayesha", "yall hoes need to be more like ayesha".

Pause:dame:
So now the argument is, "we as men are allowed to have standards and want a woman like ayesha".
Well, where were those standards when you were running through deshawn, eshlawn, lil mamma, and her friends?:dwillhuh:
This new argument is set on the basis that you as a man are the leader and the one to choose.
So if this is the new role black men want to accept, why aren't the likes of steph curry being championed?
Why aren't black men telling other black men to be more selective?
Why aren't black men telling other black men that it's ok to not sleep around?
But ya'll are quick to tell black women to stop being hoes and have respect for themselves.:comeon:
I firmly believe that most of you men using ayesha curry as the golden standard is simply a ploy to support the old adage "men are naturally promiscuous".
From the age of dawn, men have been sleeping with prostitutes and whores but went and found a virtuous woman to marry.
You may want an ayesha curry but that doesn't stop you from sleeping with the kim's, amber's, and chyna's.:shaq2:
Simply put, if you aren't going to be like steph, you shouldn't expect an ayesha.:manny:

because men and women are psychologically and emotionally different

We don't see each other as a collective but as competitors...
so that camaraderie you women have doesn't work when applied to us

Virtous women do not exist...stop spreading this myth

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You truly believe this huh?

No wonder yall getting got by fukkboys on the regular. Yall really struggle with living in the real world where men are obligated to pay for shyt, regardless of the woman's financial situation.

What are you talking about?

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You really think a man worth millions isn't expected to pay for everything? You REALLY in your heart of hearts, think they are going dutch at ANY point in the relationship?

IF you do, you're out of your goddamn mind.

If I'm worth millions too then no I wouldn't expect him to do that :yeshrug: I'm sorry if that offends you.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
How many of you brehettes even go into the sports threads to be making these grand proclamations about how we feel about Steph Curry's public image and how he carries himself? Alot of guys may call Steph corny and may hate the fact that Golden State is as good as they appear to be, but most of the Steph hate has nothing to do with the fact that he's an upstanding Black man. Most on here seen to praise NBA players with Black wives and a full Black family. Steph gets praise from that aspect every now and then from some Black men. No hate.

But on the flipside......I'm on Twitter, and I see how Black women react to Ayesha. I see it on a daily basis. You have some Black women who are feminist who actually DO defend Ayesha Curry, and they call out other Black women who hate on Ayesha's right to be a stay at home mom. But for the most part, Black women on Twitter view Ayesha the same way we view a Black person who plays the "What about Black on Black crime" angle. Black women basically view her as a c00n for females. They hate the fact that she'll play respectability politics and try to police womens vaginas.

DazednTranslation

Sweatpants + No Print= Failure
Daps
How am I trolling or stupid? Take Lebron James out of the equation.
Just a regular black man who had children of out wedlock and took a decade to marry her.
How is this a positive image in the black community?

In the black community, we are ok with just having children but scoff at the idea of marriage.
:ehh:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Praised and acknowledged by other black men?:jbhmm:

As a black woman, even though chaste and classy women get some hate from other black women, they are usually admired. That is usually the opposite for men.

For so long the rhetoric has been that women do not want a good, upstanding man. They want the bad boy who will blow their backs out and send them packing. So naturally, men's argument has been to fall in line with what women want in order to get them.

All of a sudden, ayesha curry steps on the scene and it's "oh I want I woman like ayesha", "yall hoes need to be more like ayesha".

Pause:dame:
So now the argument is, "we as men are allowed to have standards and want a woman like ayesha".
Well, where were those standards when you were running through deshawn, eshlawn, lil mamma, and her friends?:dwillhuh:
This new argument is set on the basis that you as a man are the leader and the one to choose.
So if this is the new role black men want to accept, why aren't the likes of steph curry being championed?
Why aren't black men telling other black men to be more selective?
Why aren't black men telling other black men that it's ok to not sleep around?
But ya'll are quick to tell black women to stop being hoes and have respect for themselves.:comeon:
I firmly believe that most of you men using ayesha curry as the golden standard is simply a ploy to support the old adage "men are naturally promiscuous".
From the age of dawn, men have been sleeping with prostitutes and whores but went and found a virtuous woman to marry.
You may want an ayesha curry but that doesn't stop you from sleeping with the kim's, amber's, and chyna's.:shaq2:
Simply put, if you aren't going to be like steph, you shouldn't expect an ayesha.:manny:
I'm Asian. Not dark-skinned enough. My three-point shot is around 5% with no one around me, but it goes down to 0.5% with defensive pressure. Free-throw is 8%. I'm a brick-layer. I can't really play the one, two, three... or four or five for that matter on the floor so yeah, I ain't no Steph Curry. NBA teams aren't calling me. :sadbron:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Men should fellow Mr.Curry example. Nice guys will always beat bad boy types any day. So i agree with Dollfacecraze statement. :salute:
SGntmzW.gif

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We aren't talking about murder, we're talking about bringing a life into this world. That child doesn't care whether it was poor decision making done on your own or as a result of white supremacy. That child cares about the fact that he can't eat 3 meals a day, lives in the hood, and doesn't have a father in their life. That child aint got the time for your excuses and reasons about why you laid down with a nikka that can't provide for himself, let alone a woman and child.

:wow::wow::wow::wow:

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
If I'm worth millions too then no I wouldn't expect him to do that :yeshrug: I'm sorry if that offends you.

LOL how does adding a few zeroes change anything. You can pay for your own meals now but you aint trying to give no ass to a dude that goes dutch. That won't change if you add a comma and 3 zeros to your yearly income.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Men can't give birth the children alone. Their fukkery gets the biggest of cosigns by women who believe these men are worth the honor of passing on their genes. Men aren't the ones constantly lamenting the OOW birth rate and low marriage numbers, its black women. The solutions to the problem lies mostly in their hands.
So why is it so hard to just say "black men and black women need to be more responsible and make better choices regarding relationships and having kids."? The blame game won't get us anywhere.

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
They hate the fact that she'll play respectability politics and try to police womens vaginas.

The thing is, she didn't.

She told them what black women need to do to be successful. Black women took that as respectability politics.

Oddly enough, they don't see it as respectability politics when they tell black men to get a job, dress well, invest in their health and their wealth, etc.

Tell a black woman to shut the fukk up and be supportive sometimes, keep your clothes on outside of the house, act like you got some sense, and its "policing the vagina! Respectability!"

Yes, acting like you got some sense is worthy of respect. Being a self-centered a$$hole who only cares about never being judged for who they are and what they do is not worthy of respect.

Thinking you can do whatever you want and be beyond reproach at the same time is narcissistic, and a huge turn off for men. But keep wondering where the men who meet the aforementioned standard are at.

Protip: Those men tend to be interested in women who didn't fukk off their prime years being dumb with dumb nikkas, know how to carry themselves, and are funny, caring, supportive, and shooting in the gym (metaphorically or literally) with them.

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
So why is it so hard to just say "black men and black women need to be more responsible and make better choices regarding relationships and having kids."? The blame game won't get us anywhere.

Because one side gives birth and usually ends up being responsible for raising a child alone, the other isn't.

With more responsibility, comes more accountability. Black women can't expect to be coddled like children. They can catch the criticisms just like anyone else.