Who was the bigger scumbag, Tony Soprano or Walter White?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
This?

I'm sure Cranston said that, but the actor's interpretation of the scene/character doesn't always match what the writers intended. Jonathon Banks actually argued against Mike leaving his grand daughter. In his mind that would never happen. He had to be convinced that Mike would leave so he could potentially one day come back to take care of her. Keep in mind this is when they already knew he was dying....but as an actor he still needed motivation for the character.

Like I said the writers said "tread lightly" was to let Hank know Walt would kill him. So yeah on some level Walt doesn't want Hank to die, and obviously he was sad....but realistically there's no way in hell he could keep his family together after that.

Fred.

Absolutely. In fact, I'm surprised at how often it seems that the actor's interpretation doesn't match. In regards to Breaking Bad, I was also very surprised that when Walt was telling Jesse that he didn't poison Brock back in S03 End Times with the gun up to his head---that Cranston didn't actually know that Walt had poisoned Brock.

I thought it would be a very important thing for Cranston to know that Walt did in order to play the scene correctly. It works out in the end because Walt comes off as such a great liar, but sometimes it's better not to see behind the curtain. Because I feel like that scene is a bit tainted now that I know Cranston thought that Walt didn't poison Brock when he was filming the scene.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
these are two of my absolute favorite characters ever. that said..Heisenberg is a humongous piece of shyt. Tony never poisened a kid or blew up an old folks home. Tony killed a nikka for killing a horse.

People need to stop saying this. Tony been wanted to kill Ralphie and he exploded after internalizing it for years. He didn't even have proof he did it. He just got angry at Ralphie having an attitude and any normal person could understand why Ralphie was acting like he was in the kitchen....my son in the hospital damn near dead and you coming to me with this dumb azz sh*t? :what: Especially after Ralphie had been kissing Tony's azz and acting like less of a douchebag to everybody since his son's accident :what: Til this day, I really don't think Ralphie had anything to do with the horse which makes his death ironic.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
People need to stop saying this. Tony been wanted to kill Ralphie and he exploded after internalizing it for years. He didn't even have proof he did it. He just got angry at Ralphie having an attitude and any normal person could understand why Ralphie was acting like he was in the kitchen....my son in the hospital damn near dead and you coming to me with this dumb azz sh*t? :what: Especially after Ralphie had been kissing Tony's azz and acting like less of a douchebag to everybody since his son's accident :what: Til this day, I really don't think Ralphie had anything to do with the horse which makes his death ironic.

I always thought it had to do with him killing Tracee.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He wasn't crying because he thought Sklyar and Marie would blame him.:comeon:

And yet that's exactly what happened which lead to Walt having to flee the state. You seriously think the two are totally unconnected? :what:

You think Walt didn't weigh the fact that Hank's death would effectively end his family? He was just sitting there crying, with no thought as to the implications, other than "I'm sad Hank is dead?". :what:

Fred.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
And yet that's exactly what happened which lead to Walt having to flee the state. You seriously think the two are totally unconnected? :what:

You think Walt didn't weigh the fact that Hank's death would effectively end his family? He was just sitting there crying, with no thought as to the implications, other than "I'm sad Hank is dead?". :what:

Fred.
:comeon:
naw I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying Walt wanting to save Hank because he cared for him played a large part in his trying to save him. Hank was his family too.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:comeon:
naw I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying Walt wanting to save Hank because he cared for him played a large part in his trying to save him. Hank was his family too.

He threatened to kill him in the very first episode though. :mjpls:

Fred.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Ralph killed that horse breh. He basically admitted it right before Tony killed him.

Alot of people online believe in the theory that Ralph didn't do it. He just lashed out because Tony accused him of something so trivial when his son was laying in the hospital, almost brain dead. It makes his beating and strangulation more ironic. That he gets killed for something he actually didn't do, despite all of the other crap he did do (i.e. killing Tracee, Ginny Sacrimoni joke, Slicing the dude's face in the bar, Not keeping a tighter leash on Jackie Jr.).

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
Walt was never a scumbag type...he became a monster along the way tho. I’d say he was more selfish instead of a bad guy.
Almost every murder he committed was to save his own ass or Jessie..or protect his family

Tony on the other hand, while also having somewhat of a soft side (his therapy sessions, the love for his kids), was evil from the beginning and was a cutthroat mafia boss..dude could be straight up evil

Tony def wins this

I just finished watching BB again..so it’s more fresh. Gotta revisit The Sopranos again soon

Daps
Reppin
Chi

It's never confirmed, but there's some evidence that points to Ralphie being responsible. Tony tells Ralph he's fukking he's girl, Ralphie walks away smirking, playing it cool...cut to the next scene where Tony gets a call that the stable has been burned down. Then Ralph's response of 'SO WHAT?! It was a fukking animal' that convince Tony right there.

IMO Ralph did it 100%

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
One more thing. Tony keeping Christopher alive for that long when he was born and bred into that lifestyle....the boss of the family...."the man" basically....is far worse than Walt keeping Jesse around....because he knew better. To be such a knowledgeable, street savvy guy Tony gave Crissy pass after pass, above and beyond what he would've done for anybody else.

Fred.

This. Uncle June told Tony to kill Christopher the FIRST time his addiction led him to rehab.

Tony's dreams show that he resents his parents/surroundings for leading him to the mob lifestyle. He feels shame for having disappointed his college (or was it high school) teachers and before he nearly dies dreams of being a salesman or some shyt.

He kind of wanted the life Walt had while Walt falls for the life Gus had, and admits he ended up doing it more for that than his family.

Tony cheats on his wife while Walt hides an illegal life from his and literally misses the birth of his second child for it. Carmella knew who she was marrying, David Chase always said he was surprised at people seeing her as a victim (he got in a small amount of trouble for calling her a whore once) whereas Vince Gilligan was surprised at people seeing Skylar as an antagonist.

Tony tried to keep Jackie Jr out of the mob life while Walt drags one of his former students into it. Chris was born into the life, he blames Tony for not treating him the way he treated Jackie but it's unclear how Chris was actually raised. Both his parents were about that life (his mom tells Tony to murder those kids who shot Chris) and his dad was a mentor to Tony. I don't remember much else from his childhood and how Tony figured into it.

I could go on but I think Walt is worse :yeshrug: