Who was the bigger scumbag, Tony Soprano or Walter White?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I never got this comparison. One guy is a mass murdering, wife cheating, criminal kingpin and the other is Walter White. Walter White or Vic Mackey would be a better comparison.
:sadcam: I still haven't watched "The S.H.I.E.L.D.", yet.

southsideblk

A D@mn Freshmen again
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Tony - Crime family boss of jersey, borderline psychopath, killed his nephew, killed his cousin tony, , racist, unfaithful, killed a made man over a horse, physically and emotionally abusive, willfully put his family at risk by forcibly assuming the role of boss from his uncle, killed rival and ally mobsters

Walt - Drug kingpin of the southwest and mexico, borderline sociopath, poisoned a child, created the purest and most lethal form of meth in existence, increased meth distribution twofold in the southwest, caused his brother in law's death, put his family at risk by willfully getting more involved in the drug trade, killed rival drug traders

This shyt is fun :patrice::jawalrus:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Tony was more relatable and personable then Walter, and thats a testament to the writing and Gandolfini's acting, I never stopped 'liking' Tony or pulling for him, whereas fairly early on, (mid thru or so) I couldn't give a fukk about Walt, from a perspective of fate. He was less of a charmer to the audience then Tony was… as far as who actually did more damage? You could probably say they were about even there. I'd also say if Tony is a borderline sociopath, so is Walt.

southsideblk

A D@mn Freshmen again
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I think its all relative, for FBI tony would be worse:birdman:, for the DEA Walt would be worse. :demonic:. Two sides of the same coin.

Having Tony in your neighborhood most likely wont affect you unless your involved with a family or a business owner (tax), trust me I know lol, the outfit is thick in this city. Middle to upper income families would probably say Tony is the bigger scumbag because he will directly affect their business, he ain't worried about recruiting their kids to push product. Tony's business is everything but drugs, cars, money, guns, baseball cards...anything but drugs.

Walt was worse if it comes down to (if you have kids, specifically teens, or if you have property) having Walt pushing that blue in your neighborhood would lower your property value like crazy while also causing an epidemic along, creating meth heads in the process. Middle to lower income families are usually more affected by drugs and dealers than organized crime, they would think Walt was the bigger scumbag. Walt ain't worried about whats going on with unrelated business, his business is meth, not guns, not coke, not tax...just meth.

If you know people hooked on drugs or have young kids or teens, its probably Walt. :smoker:

If your an italian, a business owner, or a member of organized crime its probably Tony :violent:

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Chris was a liability to their family business , a reckless delusional junky. If walt killed jesse u know how many other people would have died. 0 cause they didnt have a case . I cant give walt brownie points just cause he was to p*ssy to kill jesse
So was Jessie at different parts during Breaking Bad.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Tony - Crime family boss of jersey, borderline psychopath, killed his nephew, killed his cousin tony, , racist, unfaithful, killed a made man over a horse, physically and emotionally abusive, willfully put his family at risk by forcibly assuming the role of boss from his uncle, killed rival and ally mobsters

Walt - Drug kingpin of the southwest and mexico, borderline sociopath, poisoned a child, created the purest and most lethal form of meth in existence, increased meth distribution twofold in the southwest, caused his brother in law's death, put his family at risk by willfully getting more involved in the drug trade, killed rival drug traders

This shyt is fun :patrice::jawalrus:

Walt was never a drug kingpin

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I have to say Walt was worse. Tony Soprano becoming a gangster was pretty much set in stone....his father, uncle, family friends, etc. were all gangsters....there was virtually no outcome where Tony Soprano would live a normal square life.

Walt put himself in that shyt to feed his ego under the guise of helping his family. If you compare their actual crimes, it's Tony. If you compare their motivation, it's Walt.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And then Walt pleaded....no begged...for Hank's life offering every last dollar he had to keep him alive, whereas Tony blew his own blood cousin away with a shotgun.

People misinterpret that scene. I'm sure Walt cared for Hank, but that had very little to to with his motivation to save him. He was begging because Hank magically disappearing in the middle of investigating Walt would effectively end Walt's family....and it did. Hell, Walt could've had nothing to do with it and if Hank disappeared Marie and by extension Skyler would assume Walt was guilty.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
One more thing. Tony keeping Christopher alive for that long when he was born and bred into that lifestyle....the boss of the family...."the man" basically....is far worse than Walt keeping Jesse around....because he knew better. To be such a knowledgeable, street savvy guy Tony gave Crissy pass after pass, above and beyond what he would've done for anybody else.

Fred.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
People misinterpret that scene. I'm sure Walt cared for Hank, but that had very little to to with his motivation to save him. He was begging because Hank magically disappearing in the middle of investigating Walt would effectively end Walt's family....and it did. Hell, Walt could've had nothing to do with it and if Hank disappeared Marie and by extension Skyler would assume Walt was guilty.

Fred.
Nah, Walt was in tears he. He finally realized that all the ish he did was going to catch up to him and come back on his family who he cared deeply for. Hell, he killed Gus to save Hank.