Who was the bigger scumbag, Tony Soprano or Walter White?

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Walt poisoned a kid.
Tony threw away everything to protect children.

Tony wouldn't cross a line and it cost him everything. He "redeemed" (too strong of a word) himself under pressure.

Walt was the opposite in his crunch moment in Ozy. "He made up his mind 10 mins ago." Hank says before he's shot. Referencing Walter has lost his soul as his actions are now killing his family.
Then he sells out his partner(his prodigal son), and comes back years later after exile (jail time) to make amends.

On a knifes edge, Tony still had his word and his balls in the right place. We had to wait a year or so for Walter to realize he couldn't protect Haley...After his metaphorical death, his exile. Which is why he took her with him but left her at the firestation. It was after the fact he figures everything out, his loss of innocence and purpose: protecting his children.

They both lost everything in life but Tony never lost his soul. Walt regained it by leaving Haley and rescuing Jesse.
Are you high? What show did you watch? Tony crossed everything line out. What did Tony throw away to protect children? Tony didn’t lose a thing. Holly is the daughter name not Hayley. You said Walt sold out his partner? When?? I don’t remember Walt leading Hank and Gomez to him in the desert . Jesse confessed on tape that Walt committed those crimes. Jail time?? None of the characters went to jail . If you think Meadow is a child I don’t what to tell you . Meadow is just as bad Tony if not worse. Coco overstepped the lines but he wouldn’t harm Meadow because his own crew would turn him in if he did. Meadow with her passive aggressive behavior got Coco nearly beaten to death and started the war. Meadow isn’t a good person in any capacity.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Tony was in a world where you HAD to be an a$$hole. You had to be to survive and thrive. Mob shyt. He really didnt have a choice. Thats the life he was bred into.

Walt was a damn family man school teacher. He became a complete villain. The journey was wild.

Tony's body count is higher and Tony did more foul things but I give it to Walt as the bigger scum bag. You,me , meadow, his wife, errybody expected Tony to be a scumbag. Walt was supposed to be a decent guy......then he literally watched a girl die.....for money.

So even though Tony did more scumbag things......I expected it so somehow I can rationalize it.
Walt was supposed to have been a normal guy, this kind of thing wasnt supposed to be in him. Imagine if Walt had Tony's background. Dude would probably re invent, re engineer a new strain of coke and become president of Columbia or something.

Last edited:

Francis White

Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Mike was a bad guy long before meeting walt. he use to be a crooked cop till his son got killed for not taking the money . And he worked for Gus who was killing people left and right and would of killed walts family
Exactly. These guys want to rewrite the show so bad and paint Mike as a good guy.

Daps
Marty witnessed the guy he was replacing murdered in front of him by his new employer. He knew the people he was getting into business with. He acted like he didn't want to do it at first but it was obvious he just wanted the ok from his wife. Marty hasn't gotten his hands as dirty as Walt but he has been responsible for destroying plenty of lives and the fact he tries to justify and sees him self as still a good guy is pretty reprehensible:hubie:

The guy he was replacing? New employer? You must’ve forgotten how Ozarks started.

Marty was in bed with cartel before show started. Both he and his partner were laundering money for the cartel. His partner was skimming money off the top and got caught and murked because of it. Marty and his family were going to be next, but Marty convinced them that he was innocent and that he could launder a ridiculous amount of money for them in order to keep his family alive.

You can criticize Marty for ever getting involved with the cartel to begin with, but for the entirety of the show he’s been operating with the goal of protecting his family. He never got presented an out like Walt did and just refused to take it cuz of his narcissistic hunger for power/respect.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
The guy he was replacing? New employer? You must’ve forgotten how Ozarks started.

Marty was in bed with cartel before show started. Both he and his partner were laundering money for the cartel. His partner was skimming money off the top and got caught and murked because of it. Marty and his family were going to be next, but Marty convinced them that he was innocent and that he could launder a ridiculous amount of money for them in order to keep his family alive.

You can criticize Marty for ever getting involved with the cartel to begin with, but for the entirety of the show he’s been operating with the goal of protecting his family. He never got presented an out like Walt did and just refused to take it cuz of his narcissistic hunger for power/respect.

If anything, Wendy is closer to Walt than Marty is.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons

Rewatch Season 1 Episode 8. It's flashback episode to before Marty was laundering money for the cartel that shows how he ended up in the role.

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Walt. Everything that ruined his family could've been avoided if he took the money and the job his former business partners offered him. even after he met his original goal he kept digging himself deeper and deeper ruining more lives in the process.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I haven't watched "Ozark" past, like....half way through season 1....but somebody on Twitter called it Walter White cosplay. :dead:

That pretty much ruined the show for me.

Fred.

Francis White

Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Walt. Everything that ruined his family could've been avoided if he took the money and the job his former business partners offered him. even after he met his original goal he kept digging himself deeper and deeper ruining more lives in the process.
So what Gus? What about the people he killed and ruined with his drugs? What about Jesse? He sold the product also and even sold to it recovering addicts, by your reasoning do they get a pass because you liked them?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So what Gus? What about the people he killed and ruined with his drugs? What about Jesse? He sold the product also and even sold to it recovering addicts, by your reasoning do they get a pass because you liked them?

lol

You raise fair points but the thread is Tony or Walt. You ain't gonna find many positive or neutral things about either character in this thread.

Fred.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
It still amazes me how many folks are still mesmerized by Walt’s fake valiant guy act. He got in the game under the guise of trying to make sure his family was provided for after his imminent death. He coulda accomplished that by the middle of season 1 if he had just swallowed his pride.
Middle? Its like episode 4 lol

Edit: nevermind first season is only 7 episodes

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
didnt say that. the thread was about Walt and Tony. and while those other characters weren't angels by any means. Walt's stubbornness and selfishness made things worse for everyone his family and fellow partners in crime.

fReShBeAtS

May da funk be wit cha
Daps
Tone never Lied to carmella about his job. She knew what he was doIng from the begining.

Tony and his Fellas murked a few guys here and there okay but the crysrsl meth that walt did produce destroyed so many lives let alone the other bad things walt did (jane, poison the kid etc.)

Walt White is the winner

Daps
Rewatch Season 1 Episode 8. It's flashback episode to before Marty was laundering money for the cartel that shows how he ended up in the role.

Marty accepted, the job before Del killed ol boy. Marty couldn’t walk away at that point. :comeon:

I think I lost track of your point. I never claimed that Marty was “tricked” into getting into the game. He new Del was from the cartel from the moment he looked over his books. And Del confirmed it before Marty ever brought it to his wife.