Who was the bigger scumbag, Tony Soprano or Walter White?

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA

GHATDAM they set Feech up so smooth and nasty:wow:

Feech realized it too.. When the parole officer popped up and said. . Lets look in the garage.

Feech was

tenor.gif

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
The two deaths that let me know how fukked up the cats on the Sopranos were was the stripper broad Tracee and to a lesser extent, Jackie Jr. All these nikkas served under Jackie Sr. before Tony got the crown, acted like they loved him, kissed his feet and less than two years after he died, they killed his son. Kid was already sh*tting his pants, he knew he fukked up, nikka was so scared straight he'd probably gone and joined the army afterward, nikka was SHOOK....you'd think they give the former boss's kid a pass and a ticket out of Jersey. Nope. Headshot :russ:

And the Tracee broad was innocent and naive (despite being a stripper). She was a dumb kid that didn't know no better and when she stood up for herself, Ralph killed her like it wasn't nothing and when the rest of the guys found her body, they were more upset that Ralph did it out in the open and at the club :heh: then they were that he just murdered a 20 year old girl. Fukkin evil azz nikkas :heh: Paulie had the nerve to be upset that the spirits at the psychic's house said he was going to Hell....like really bruh? REALLY? :heh: You murdered 60 people.
Don’t forget when Paulie and Chrissy bury their beef by killing that waiter outside that restaurant :laff:

Oville

Pro
Daps
Maybe I gotta re-watch Soprano's but I never seen Tony as a sociopath. He was born into the mafia life and abided by the code. Walt could have easily done anything he wanted. Coulda taken the money and lived a good comfortable life. He was addicted to being a boss though and pushing people around. Poisoned kids, let a girl die just so he could get Jesse back on board. Was more than willing to kill off Badger. Its a no-contest for me.

Oville

Pro
Daps
Personally, I feel there is one moment where Tony shows just how ugly he is inside that stands above all others. It's during season 5 when Janice takes anger management therapy, and he sees how well she seems to be doing, and he can't stand it, so he provokes her by bringing up her estranged son.:wow:

Not even killing Chris compares, because at least there was some logical reasons for that(he was a liability). But seeing your sister, who you know had the same fukked up childhood and mother as you, finally starting to put her life on track and become a better person, so out of jealousy you just ruin it and laugh in her face. That's like... so petty, and selfish.

Heisenberg has done some pretty terrible things, but I feel that even in his darkest hour Heisenberg never sank that low. Except maybe when he told Jesse he watched Jane die. But even if that was a deliberate twist of the knife, at least at that point he and Jesse were at each other's throats. There was no love at that point.

What Tony pulled was just a ruthless, calculated attack on a person he supposedly loved, meant to break her down and bring her back into misery(the same as him) just out of pure spite.:to:

Well he resented the his old friends from GreyMatter for being successful after he voluntarily chose to leave the country.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
I think a lot of people have missed the essence of Walter White.

Walt is legit brilliant, and knows it. Here's the thing. The world doesn't care. And that eats at him, every second of every day. So what does he do? He lies to himself in order to see himself as adequate, as a "good" man. He got finessed out of a company he created, then lowers his expectations of himself to maintain a series of revolving lies.

lie - hes a loving husband and family man, even though none of it is ever enough as his brilliance isn't acknowledged...which is his undying need
lie - his wife is anything but what she is, an entitled shrew who cares nothing for him as a man, but only what he can provide for her and her vision of what her family life should be
lie - his in-laws are necessary accessories to this "good family man" mental image, even though he knows full well what idiots they are and swallows their inanities every time they're around (they also mirror himself and Skyler in that Marie is entitled shrew v.2 and Hank is "good family man" v.2...this speaks to a larger theme about social expectations and the lies built to sustain them)
lie - this legit brilliant man becomes...a high school teacher. Why? To further fulfill the "good family man" image. Not just to himself, but to have other people see him as such and validate his ongoing lies.

Then comes the great equalizer: imminent death. And the entire house built on sand suffers a seismic shift, and it all inevitably comes apart.

Of course, he tries his damnedest to hold on to the image. Throughout his entire downward spiral, the old lies find themselves rationalized and supported by new ones.

lie - "for my family"...even though his seething, resentful, egotistic rage fuels everything he does going forward from the point of his diagnosis. He's played by the rules, strived to maintain all his lies, and life does this to him? What's the point of it all? A derplord son mewling daily about breakfast, who distances himself from his father's name with his "Flynn" phase? A wife who hasn't bothered to know him, and her fresh-minted pity party(from his twisted viewpoint) because her family image is about to unravel?

What's the damned point?

...and on and on and on. Jesse, Tuco, creating the Heisenberg persona, Mike, Gus all the way to Hank....his unfettered id won't let him seem less than his brilliant self anymore, he has to make moves to show how hes smarter than everybody he comes across, he has to win. All steps along the way rationalize/justify former moves. It all falls apart anyway.

Point being, Walt is literally an exemplar of The Joker's "one bad day away from chaos" theory. He was always a monster. The mask of civility just gets taken away, and the entire show is about him scrambling to maintain and failing...and moreso what fallout that kind of revolving system of lies brings.

Lhark

Superstar
Daps
Walt, Tony knew he was a bad guy. Walt tried to play it off.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I'd say Walt is closer to what I'd describe as a scumbag whereas Tony was just evil. I mean we see early on that Tony can't stand people who are happy with life and aren't miserable like him, then in S5 we know he acts this out with Janice & making fun of Harpo. That ain't a scumbag to me, that's a sociopath.

Last edited:

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Walt was never a scumbag type...he became a monster along the way tho. I’d say he was more selfish instead of a bad guy.
Almost every murder he committed was to save his own ass or Jessie..or protect his family

Tony on the other hand, while also having somewhat of a soft side (his therapy sessions, the love for his kids), was evil from the beginning and was a cutthroat mafia boss..dude could be straight up evil

Tony def wins this

I just finished watching BB again..so it’s more fresh. Gotta revisit The Sopranos again soon
:usure:Thats what makes him a scumbag,he a sneaky ass weasel. Walt didn't live by any type of code. Walt is pickle rick , tony is eric cartman

Last edited:

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I'm not sure who was worse. Walt giving up all his money to try to save Hank is something I don't imagine Tony doing. But I thought Tony was at least a little more sympathetic of a character. He was an abused kid surrounded by mobsters and was pushed into the life by his father. His father was the one who pushed for him to kill that bookie so he could get made.

Walt became a criminal on his own doing largely because of his ego and pride.

It's never confirmed, but there's some evidence that points to Ralphie being responsible. Tony tells Ralph he's fukking he's girl, Ralphie walks away smirking, playing it cool...cut to the next scene where Tony gets a call that the stable has been burned down. Then Ralph's response of 'SO WHAT?! It was a fukking animal' that convince Tony right there.

IMO Ralph did it 100%

I think it was meant to be ambiguous, just like what happens to the Russian at Pine Barrens or whether or not that crooked cop actually kid Chris's father. Some of the writers even had different opinions on Ralph's guilt, and Joe Pantoliano said he played that scene as if Ralph didn't do it. It didn't matter, Tony just wanted to kill him.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
People need to stop saying this. Tony been wanted to kill Ralphie and he exploded after internalizing it for years. He didn't even have proof he did it. He just got angry at Ralphie having an attitude and any normal person could understand why Ralphie was acting like he was in the kitchen....my son in the hospital damn near dead and you coming to me with this dumb azz sh*t? :what: Especially after Ralphie had been kissing Tony's azz and acting like less of a douchebag to everybody since his son's accident :what: Til this day, I really don't think Ralphie had anything to do with the horse which makes his death ironic.

Yeah I also side with Ralphie on that one. I was disappointed that they killed him off so early, he was one of my favorite characters.