Who was the bigger scumbag, Tony Soprano or Walter White?

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
walter. not sure how it's close.

tony was a sociopath. but he was a mobster. of course he was a sociopath.

to see what walt descended to was proof that he was never a decent human being to begin with. but he probably never would have had his true colors exposed if not for cancer. imo. THAT shyt is scary.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Most of my post have been replies. U telling me just because walt let jesse live hes less of a scum bag. Like i said he poisoned a harmless little kid and called the hit squad on his brother in law

He never called anyone on Hank. he called them on Jesse. He had no idea Hank was working with Jesse, and as soon as he found out he called it off. Only it didn't work.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
People misinterpret that scene. I'm sure Walt cared for Hank, but that had very little to to with his motivation to save him. He was begging because Hank magically disappearing in the middle of investigating Walt would effectively end Walt's family....and it did. Hell, Walt could've had nothing to do with it and if Hank disappeared Marie and by extension Skyler would assume Walt was guilty.

Fred.

I usually agree with you on all things Breaking Bad, and that's how I would've interpreted the scene (what you said), but I saw a behind the scenes clip with Cranston and he made it seem like he would never want any harm to fall on Hank and that he still loved him. I'll try to find a link for it, but in my mind I thought Cranston made it pretty clear that at least in his interpretation of Walt, that Walt was begging for Hank's life 100% first and foremost because he did not want Hank to die.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
He was begging for Hanks life and gave up his money for him and people didn't get he was not without a heart? Also this whole Jesse was an innocent used by Walt has to stop, he was dealing with Emilio and his cousin already and from the looks off it Emilio was a killer who had enough influence to hold off Tuco from his territory . So this Jesse was used by Walt has to stop, he was around killers and dealers from the start. Poor innocent Jesse had no problem dealing to his clients and not caring how he was destroying their lives before he met Walter . Also this thing about Tony had no choice but yo become a killer , well Barbara his younger sister came out with no problems. Richie Aprile son was a dancer so Tony could have stayed in college done something else.

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Also this thing about Tony had no choice but yo become a killer , well Barbara his younger sister came out with no problems. Richie Aprile son was a dancer so Tony could have stayed in college done something else.
:comeon:Barbara is a women and richie's son is probally a sissy either way they are non factors . Pretty sure the havent made more than 4 appearances combined

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Tony was never as much of a scumbag as Walt, they gave you 7 seasons to know that shyt and ya still think hes a terrible human being, do you fools watch tv or do you skim through it:dead:

Ya need to give me examples because every action he did justified a cause
He a fukkin mob boss

Tony was the most emotional character in the Sopranos every episode he quarreled between whats right for business, family and his conscious

Walt did what he did for his own pleasure as he admitted in the final episode,
If Tony wouldve seen Todd shoot that kid Todd's head wouldve been pounding on the pavement by Tonys hands

Daps
these are two of my absolute favorite characters ever. that said..Heisenberg is a humongous piece of shyt. Tony never poisened a kid or blew up an old folks home. Tony killed a nikka for killing a horse.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Personally, I feel there is one moment where Tony shows just how ugly he is inside that stands above all others. It's during season 5 when Janice takes anger management therapy, and he sees how well she seems to be doing, and he can't stand it, so he provokes her by bringing up her estranged son.:wow:

Not even killing Chris compares, because at least there was some logical reasons for that(he was a liability). But seeing your sister, who you know had the same fukked up childhood and mother as you, finally starting to put her life on track and become a better person, so out of jealousy you just ruin it and laugh in her face. That's like... so petty, and selfish.

What Tony pulled was just a ruthless, calculated attack on a person he supposedly loved, meant to break her down and bring her back into misery(the same as him) just out of pure spite.:to:

:whoa: :what: :dahell: :rudy: We feeling sorry for Janus now ??:usure: One of the most hated characters in TV history... Did you not know the backstory between Tony and Janus
How Janus ran away from home leaving Tony having to deal with his bytch of a mother who points a knife at him and shyt, while Janus is doing coke and fukking bikers :usure: ...

the same Janus who shyts on Bobby for mourning over his dead wife and makes him eat her last meal she cooked :usure:,

The same Janus who leeches off Tonys family after being away for 10-15 years :usure: ,

The same Janus who converts to christianity then goes on to shove dildos up Richie Aprils ass :usure:

And as you mentioned the same Janus who has a kid and leaves him without a mother?? :usure:

:dahell: fukk Janus breh

Last edited:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Tony. But I will say...Tony had a lifetime of being a criminal to build his scumbag resume. If Walt had broke bad, and lived for another 20 or 30 years this might be a different debate.

Also, Tony had no choice but to kill Christopher. The fact that he didn't do it earlier actually speaks to his (relative) humanity when it came to family.

Last edited:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
these are two of my absolute favorite characters ever. that said..Heisenberg is a humongous piece of shyt. Tony never poisened a kid or blew up an old folks home. Tony killed a nikka for killing a horse.
But Tony used let Sil pimp out young girls at the Bing like Tracy and his own girl the Russian one. Let's not forget the hotel he took from those Jewish guys and let that place become a crack house . Tony let his gooma get burned up after he took her from Ralph , he just ups and leaves her. Tony was a good guy I guess. All hail Saint Anthony .

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nah, Walt was in tears he. He finally realized that all the ish he did was going to catch up to him and come back on his family who he cared deeply for. Hell, he killed Gus to save Hank.

Walt also killed to protect Jesse and still sent him off to be tortured and murdered. Things change.

The writers said Walt planned to kill Hank if he pushed his investigation. That's what the "tread lightly" line was about. It wasn't an idle threat. The only thing that kept Hank alive was Walt using his brain and defusing the situation (so he thought) with the confession tape. Also, obviously the fact that if anything happened to Hank, Walt would lose the rest of his family.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I usually agree with you on all things Breaking Bad, and that's how I would've interpreted the scene (what you said), but I saw a behind the scenes clip with Cranston and he made it seem like he would never want any harm to fall on Hank and that he still loved him. I'll try to find a link for it, but in my mind I thought Cranston made it pretty clear that at least in his interpretation of Walt, that Walt was begging for Hank's life 100% first and foremost because he did not want Hank to die.

This?

I'm sure Cranston said that, but the actor's interpretation of the scene/character doesn't always match what the writers intended. Jonathon Banks actually argued against Mike leaving his grand daughter. In his mind that would never happen. He had to be convinced that Mike would leave so he could potentially one day come back to take care of her. Keep in mind this is when they already knew he was dying....but as an actor he still needed motivation for the character.

Like I said the writers said "tread lightly" was to let Hank know Walt would kill him. So yeah on some level Walt doesn't want Hank to die, and obviously he was sad....but realistically there's no way in hell he could keep his family together after that.

Fred.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Walt also killed to protect Jesse and still sent him off to be tortured and murdered. Things change.

The writers said Walt planned to kill Hank if he pushed his investigation. That's what the "tread lightly" line was about. It wasn't an idle threat. The only thing that kept Hank alive was Walt using his brain and defusing the situation (so he thought) with the confession tape. Also, obviously the fact that if anything happened to Hank, Walt would lose the rest of his family.

Fred.

Yeah... things changes... Jesse got Hank killed. Regardless of what the writers may at one time have considered, when Walt saw Jesse was with Hank, Walt told Meth Damon and his uncle not to come. He loved Hank and did not want him to die. He wasn't crying because he thought Sklyar and Marie would blame him.:comeon: