White people are OUTRAGED that Yara Shahidi will be Tinkerbell in the new Peter Pan movie. #NotMyTinkerbell

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
Maybe she had the best audition and they chose to hire the best for thr part

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
DfgrEgWUcAUE9sq.jpg

bo-derek-ftr.jpg

p12235707_p_v8_ah.jpg

boxer-braids1.jpg
picture3.png

original.jpg

1152123.gif

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
I kinda do gotta rock with the fact that its type funny style that it does seem to just go one way.

As a black person idc, I'm not watching this anyways but I can step out of myself enough to say I wouldn't be surprised if Asians and Latinos were miffed about their exclusion.

To me that's understandable.

And yeah Yara is half Iranian but she presents as monoracially black.

Either way, happy to see her get a check even if I understand other poc grievances.

Eff white tears though. Idgaf what those people are crying about.

UpThruDere

Youtube.com/weupthrudere Subscribe!
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, FLA
Changing white characters like the little mermaid and tinkerbell is corny, just incorporate new black characters or emphasize the ones that already exist

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That screenshot does look like a pretty awful casting, I never gave two fukks about peter Pan tho.

Disney seems to live for these little internet controversies more than making successful movies these days

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Disneys race swapping is pisses me off. If you want to use black people make a original movie about a black character. Its as simple as that.

Im with it with white people on this. Leave the original source material as is. I would also be outraged if they made the princess from princess and the frog asian just to pander to the asian community.

The Princess from The Princess And The Frog was originally white too breh. :heh:

Last edited: