White people are OUTRAGED that Yara Shahidi will be Tinkerbell in the new Peter Pan movie. #NotMyTinkerbell

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Disneys race swapping is pisses me off. If you want to use black people make a original movie about a black character. Its as simple as that.

Im with it with white people on this. Leave the original source material as is. I would also be outraged if they made the princess from princess and the frog asian just to pander to the asian community.
Get over it cac, it's a fukking fairy and her skin color has no significance to her character.

Tired of yall grown ass men and women bytching about this shyt

And then yall always bring up black characters for a counter argument like Black Panther and Princess Tiana to prove a point when their race is integral to their story.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Black Bruce Wayne next :banderas::wow::blessed:
It'd have a lot of potential. And there's a lot of real world influence to draw from :gladbron:

Have the either be Wayne's be an affluent black family that made their wealth during reconstruction or set it in an alternative continuity where black people received reparations

A lot of different ways they can take things with how changing his race would impact the story

But it'd never happen :francis:

Racist ass cacs would riot if Bruce Wayne was black in a big budget film

But fun fact, Stan Lee wrote a miniseries where he reimagined dc's main heroes and batman was black in it

His costume was literally just a giant bat though :russ:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
jay-and-silent-bob-ben-affleck.gif
I never got this "argument". The characters are fictional. Sooo...what, they shouldn't matter to people? There are fictional black characters with meaning to us, aren't there?

I'm much more receptive to arguing for the importance of racial representation in this or that popular franchise. At least there you're arguing for something positive for black or other non white people, presumably.

Like another poster said, ideally we would just have more art and characters entirely our own.

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
This is what always fukks me up about ppl crying about shyt like this.

I can get caring if you cast Wayne Brady to play JFK or some shyt like that, but you have to reach pretty far to care about the background of the actor playing a magical flying woman

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Disneys race swapping is pisses me off. If you want to use black people make a original movie about a black character. Its as simple as that.

Im with it with white people on this. Leave the original source material as is. I would also be outraged if they made the princess from princess and the frog asian just to pander to the asian community.
Get the fukk out of here with this dogshyt whistle.

Brave
Frozen
Incredibles 2
Tangled
Wreck it Ralph
Frozen 2
All white characters.

White kids have an overabundance of princesses and white characters to look up to. And what happens when they do create characters of other races? White people lose their shyt and complain like they did with Red.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I kind of felt the same way, But all Hollywood does these days is remakes and reboots. I say pander away if black actors get a chance to work.

It also has the added benefit of pissing off cacs.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Stfu Cac. No she wasn't

The story is German breh. It’s from Grimms Fairy Tales. It’s the same set of fairy tales Disney took Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty from. We read that shyt as kids, the girl is white. You think Germans made all them other characters white and then chose a black woman for that one story? :mjlol:

Don’t be mad because your mother didn’t buy you books as a kid. :hubie: