White people are OUTRAGED that Yara Shahidi will be Tinkerbell in the new Peter Pan movie. #NotMyTinkerbell

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
white-tears.gif

Daps
Asian have mulan and that's pretty much it. But my point is that we only have one black disney princess in a original story imagine if they race swapped her just because...
Imagine they make a new SHAFT movie and they replace the breh with a mexican because representation.

It's not that deep but it's just stupid that they would rather do a easy race swap then invest in a good story and movie with black characters. It's just lazy and insulting
Exactly. And Tiana is a damn frog for most of the film, and she didn’t have a black prince. And the prince she got was a con artist.

My niece and nephew were come over last weekend. We watched this, and 101 Dalmatians. Speaking of 101 Dalmatians, Cruela DeVil was hilarious.

:russ:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The funny thing is that there's nothing woke about it, white people are simply too racist to figure it out. It's more often than not just a lazy, deliberate tokenism meant to attract black viewers. Marketing. These writers, studios, and execs have zero interest in actually telling black stories (unless it's about slavery or civil rights, of course). Hell they can't even be bothered to create new characters who happen to be black, in most cases. They'd rather race swap and hope that's enough for black parents to keep the streaming service on auto-renew. And of course they know even a crumb of "representation" gives you free publicity from a group of influencers who are obsessed with that shyt. The breathlessly positive reactions from influences provide a feedback loop that ensures Disney/other companies have zero incentive or pressure to do better.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Being publicly outraged at this is just giving away the fact that this is about their disdain for black people because let's be real all these fukking men aren't some huge fans of the source material. They've told this story and The Little Mermaid many times and will again and again and they're almost guaranteed to be played by white actors in the follow ups so why should anyone care? I'm not sure if they've made a black Robin Hood movie but I'm sure they will and sure cacs will be mad even though they make like three of those a year. Really people need to stop politicizing these movies they'd come and go with no press if people who hated them ignored them.

DatBoiHawk

HAWK
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Disneys race swapping is pisses me off. If you want to use black people make a original movie about a black character. Its as simple as that.

Im with it with white people on this. Leave the original source material as is. I would also be outraged if they made the princess from princess and the frog asian just to pander to the asian community.

Hush up YT Boy :francis: