White people are OUTRAGED that Yara Shahidi will be Tinkerbell in the new Peter Pan movie. #NotMyTinkerbell

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
jay-and-silent-bob-ben-affleck.gif
:mjlol:

peppe

Superstar
Daps
Why? It's a fukking fictional story and characters. If they want to rewrite it and center it around Asians in Hong Kong instead of black folks in Louisiana, who the hell cares? Y'all are pathetic. Race swap all these damn cartoons so everyone can just shut up already.

But they arent changing the story. You just proved my point. Imagine princess and the frog with the same settings but with a asian actrice… thats my whole point.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
When Peter Pan is Indian, this really does seem like some racist stuff. But black people should not want to keep being casted in roles that involve witchcraft..... Leave that paganism to these Romans.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
MEANWHILE...

They cast Peter Pan as an Indian Kid:

MV5BNDJmYzQ3OWItZDgzNi00MWUwLWEyMDgtNmRkNDdmZGNiZWVkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjY2NjgxNA@@._V1_QL75_UY414_CR20,0,280,414_.jpg

Alexander Molony - IMDb

NOT ONE DROP of "OUTRAGE"

But got smoke for Black Folks and "Race Swapping"

FUKK EM!!!

🖕🖕🖕
thats how it always is. noone was tripping when oscar issac was moon knight, del toro being the collector, ned being portrayed by a filipino and aquaman being played by a native hawaiian. but let a black person be a character and its the end of the damn world

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Regarding “race bending”… sure, it’s a lazy solution.. but it’s often scape-goated with fake outrage to mask the deeper root cause… which is whites want black and brown dollars but know blacks and browns wouldn’t spend unless there are black and brown faces in the movies… so whites then look for short cuts.

Of course all this could be avoided long ago but whites lacked this foresight 80+ years ago when they started making or race bending every classical make believe character white.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
For example, infamously Marvel’s prior decision maker felt making a Black Panther movie (a rare, original classical black character) would be a poor investment…

But still wanted black ppl to pay for tickets, so they just race bent as many side characters (Sam Jack as Nick Fury, Idris as Heimdell, etc) and let all the white man-children be outraged at blacks for… being half-assed catered to by other whites...

Rinse n repeat

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I'm glad yall can see how stupid and petty that Internet Ass babble is when white folks get on it. They did invent it after all... Just remember this moment next time someone is hollering about some movie role :laff: