White people are OUTRAGED that Yara Shahidi will be Tinkerbell in the new Peter Pan movie. #NotMyTinkerbell

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
Jesus Christ....if I was white at this point in my life I would just have to accept that dominantly white movie casts are a thing of the entire past and it's never coming back. With Disney clearly at the forefront of this. It's over. Time to get over it.

And sad part is we got some A1 Republican fools on this board that think all the efforts in Florida by DeKlantis to "stop Disney" and "stop wokeness" is all about sexuality. It ain't. HE waking up to this news mad as hell, promising his supporters just as hard that he will be the end of "wokeness" and bring us back to the glorious days of good ole "normal" white supremacy in America.

But let these folks tell it and Republicans are just protecting our little kids from catching the gay.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
Disneys race swapping is pisses me off. If you want to use black people make a original movie about a black character. Its as simple as that.

Im with it with white people on this. Leave the original source material as is. I would also be outraged if they made the princess from princess and the frog asian just to pander to the asian community.

Why? It's a fukking fictional story and characters. If they want to rewrite it and center it around Asians in Hong Kong instead of black folks in Louisiana, who the hell cares? Y'all are pathetic. Race swap all these damn cartoons so everyone can just shut up already.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Asian have mulan and that's pretty much it. But my point is that we only have one black disney princess in a original story imagine if they race swapped her just because...
Imagine they make a new SHAFT movie and they replace the breh with a mexican because representation.

It's not that deep but it's just stupid that they would rather do a easy race swap then invest in a good story and movie with black characters. It's just lazy and insulting
Your point is a bad one, because Black people are still severely underrepresented even with roles like this one. Non-white people - NOT white people - are hurting for representation, so it would make no sense to swap Black roles like it does with legacy "white" ones. Entertainment is still overwhelmingly white.

You're right, it's not that deep.

Ty Daniels

All Star
Daps
MEANWHILE...

They cast Peter Pan as an Indian Kid:

MV5BNDJmYzQ3OWItZDgzNi00MWUwLWEyMDgtNmRkNDdmZGNiZWVkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjY2NjgxNA@@._V1_QL75_UY414_CR20,0,280,414_.jpg

Alexander Molony - IMDb

NOT ONE DROP of "OUTRAGE"

But got smoke for Black Folks and "Race Swapping"

FUKK EM!!!

🖕🖕🖕

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
White people get more outraged by this then real shyt that actually matters.
1. There's been 1,400, 678 Peter Pan adaptations, omg they made 1 of those Tinker Bell iterations Black?! Oh the humanity. I bet most of the next 1,400, 678 adaptations will be White too.

2. Most people know these Disney remakes suck anyway. Pinocchio sucked and nobody watched it. That film is already forgotten about.

Majority of entertainment is disposable and cyclical. This will come, most likely suck, then be a blip in the rear view mirror by the end of the year. It's also such a pointless waste of energy to exert on something you had no intention of watching anyway.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MEANWHILE...

They cast Peter Pan as an Indian Kid:

MV5BNDJmYzQ3OWItZDgzNi00MWUwLWEyMDgtNmRkNDdmZGNiZWVkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjY2NjgxNA@@._V1_QL75_UY414_CR20,0,280,414_.jpg

Alexander Molony - IMDb

NOT ONE DROP of "OUTRAGE"

But got smoke for Black Folks and "Race Swapping"

FUKK EM!!!

🖕🖕🖕
Yeah, I also bring up Aquaman and The Green Knight which had respectively Polynesian and Indian leads play traditionally Anglo/White characters. Not one single drip of outrage at either of those either. I always suspected anti-blackness at play with these things.