When I Was YOUNG...I Used To HATE BLACKS From The SUBURBS

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They could have took their money like cacs did and build up our communities. nope! Ran to the suburbs to get a pat on the head from cacs. Lost brothers. Can't fault them. They're chasing a high.
I used to think this same shyt. Until I started reading black economic books. Why should I put my children in a situation where so much wrong can happen just to keep it real.

I remember this black kid named Doug who went to my high school

He was black as me (dark) but, acted like a cac

Our school was split evenly white and black. White kids from suburb neighborhoods by the school. Black kids bussed in from the city. This nikka Doug was one of the handful of suburb black kids and when I say I never once saw him talk to ANY of the 800 black students at school, im not lying :dead: Just ten white boys at their lunch table and his black ass. That started my :patrice: of suburban blacks

He grew up with them. Tf talk going to talk about
The divide between "normal" blacks and "hood"/"ghetto" blacks is hurting us and is another form of self-hate, which is rampant in the black community. Currently, ignorance is taking over as the main trait/stereotype of the black community. This ignorance is being perpetuated,glorified, and celebrated by the most influential and powerful force in the black community: hiphop. Normal, educated and well-to-do black youth often suppress their own intelligence to appear more "street" and "hood". In the black community, intelligence is "lame and corny". Sounding and appearing smart as a black person gets you accused of "acting white". We OURSELVES look down on blacks who "come up" in life. We refer to them as "sell-outs", "c00ns", & "uncle toms".
Now on the other hand, "normal" blacks look down on urban "hood" blacks also. This too is being fueled by current hiphop culture. Hiphop culture promotes the most negative stereotypes of the black man and woman. Normal black people are affected tremendously by this. Since we (blacks in general) are such a minority in this country, normal blacks are often viewed as the stereotypes thats so prevalent in the media by people that have little to no regular contact with black people.
Hiphop and its ignorant stereotypes of the black man and woman is such a powerful and influential force in this country that it is causing us to hate, fear, and distrust ourselves. Hiphop teaches black people that OTHER BLACKS are the enemy. Hiphop teaches us that ignorance will pay off before education. Hiphop teaches us that if u aint from the hood then you aint a "real n1kka" hence probably why OP "used to hate blacks from the suburbs"

I believe hip hop has a lot to do with it. But most blacks are from the hood or country in bad areas. The majority's word will be told. Most of the hate is a defense mechanism

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
:beli: Im not angry at all. My "tangent" was toward dlee's trolling ass post on the 2nd pg.

Like I said, the same "build up our communities" shyt can be said to cats in the hoods. But blacks, whether from hoods or suburbs get a check from the government or from a company and get comfortable.

And lets not sitback and think some cats in the hood arent lazy/dusty and spend $$ on useless crap. I was doing a generalization just like most ppl in here were doing.
You are completely right. I wholly agree. Dudes spend money on meaningless shyt. Every hour, on the hour and won't fathom to buy paint for their homes. My vice was strippers and tricks but I am growing a conscience. Prioritizing shyt.

Still makes us cowardly to run and evade the problems instead of taking them head on. I just don't feel comfortable being afraid of my own people.

Rice'N Beckford

**King of ADOS**
Daps
Reppin
DMV
You are completely right. I wholly agree. Dudes spend money on meaningless shyt. Every hour, on the hour and won't fathom to buy paint for their homes. My vice was strippers and tricks but I am growing a conscience. Prioritizing shyt.

Still makes us cowardly to run and evade the problems instead of taking them head on. I just don't feel comfortable being afraid of my own people.

Son, I never been in a strip club. Paying money for bytches aint me.

Im not a big drinker. Probably only smoke 1-2 times a yr and I dont even pay. Went to a bar/club lastnight and only spent $8 altogether.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
I used to think this same shyt. Until I started reading black economic books. Why should I put my children in a situation where so much wrong can happen just to keep it real.

He grew up with them. Tf talk going to talk about

I believe hip hop has a lot to do with it. But most blacks are from the hood or country in bad areas. The majority's word will be told. Most of the hate is a defense mechanism
I agree with @PhonZhi and we need to be together more than ever.

Your approach is justifying cowardice. You think those single mothers won't let a well-to-do black male influence their children? Especially sons. The nerd shyt is kids and teens being kids and teens. It happens in anglo majority schools as well.

In the hood, a good guy that is straight and down and not trying to portray themselves as better than everyone else will always be good and looked out for. Don't be afraid to go straight to the source.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
Son, I never been in a strip club. Paying money for bytches aint me.

Im not a big drinker. Probably only smoke 1-2 times a yr and I dont even pay. Went to a bar/club lastnight and only spent $8 altogether.
Good for you. I guess you're better than me, huh? This is the divide in its essence. Discredit a brother any chance you get. I am not ashamed of what I've done because I did it.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I agree with @PhonZhi and we need to be together more than ever.

Your approach is justifying cowardice. You think those single mothers won't let a well-to-do black male influence their children? Especially sons. The nerd shyt is kids and teens being kids and teens. It happens in anglo majority schools as well.

In the hood, a good guy that is straight and down and not trying to portray themselves as better than everyone else will always be good and looked out for. Don't be afraid to go straight to the source.

Most nerd shyt thought of in black schools most whites are doing in they school. Speaking properly or studying for the sat. It is expected frommost the population so it ain't nerdy its culture.

I hung out exclusively in the hood to keep it real in high school. Nobody messed with me but the jokes and shyt are a defense mechanism they believe u think ur better that them.

I was jealous about the unity until these nikkas would shoot each other. Then I realized how fake the we are one shyt was too

• Dap
Reactions: JKT

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
Most nerd shyt thought of in black schools most whites are doing in they school. Speaking properly or studying for the sat. It is expected frommost the population so it ain't nerdy its culture.

I hung out exclusively in the hood to keep it real in high school. Nobody messed with me but the jokes and shyt are a defense mechanism they believe u think ur better that them.

I was jealous about the unity until these nikkas would shoot each other. Then I realized how fake the we are one shyt was too
Unity was broken when brehs fell in love with the Anglos dollar and values. Dudes are beefing because of that primarily in all facets of life. From corporate shyt to hood shyt. Fighting to be the top c00n and its on contingency and conditions. Only a few can be on top at a time.

A bunch of cacs aren't studious and refuse to believe the with college completion rates among cacs aren't stellar and everyday cacs are stupid beyond repair.

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The divide between "normal" blacks and "hood"/"ghetto" blacks is hurting us and is another form of self-hate, which is rampant in the black community. Currently, ignorance is taking over as the main trait/stereotype of the black community. This ignorance is being perpetuated,glorified, and celebrated by the most influential and powerful force in the black community: hiphop. Normal, educated and well-to-do black youth often suppress their own intelligence to appear more "street" and "hood". In the black community, intelligence is "lame and corny". Sounding and appearing smart as a black person gets you accused of "acting white". We OURSELVES look down on blacks who "come up" in life. We refer to them as "sell-outs", "c00ns", & "uncle toms".
Now on the other hand, "normal" blacks look down on urban "hood" blacks also. This too is being fueled by current hiphop culture. Hiphop culture promotes the most negative stereotypes of the black man and woman. Normal black people are affected tremendously by this. Since we (blacks in general) are such a minority in this country, normal blacks are often viewed as the stereotypes thats so prevalent in the media by people that have little to no regular contact with black people.
Hiphop and its ignorant stereotypes of the black man and woman is such a powerful and influential force in this country that it is causing us to hate, fear, and distrust ourselves. Hiphop teaches black people that OTHER BLACKS are the enemy. Hiphop teaches us that ignorance will pay off before education. Hiphop teaches us that if u aint from the hood then you aint a "real n1kka" hence probably why OP "used to hate blacks from the suburbs"

Hip hip is a product of the environment. Look at the Big Picture.
Big-L-.jpg

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
So, why can't we accept ourselves from all walks of life?

Just because 'they' don't understand you doesn't mean you should take a step back and understand them.

It's never about the other it's all about Your Perspective and how you relate and affect the whole.

Every one of us, EVERY ONE, is important to the black race as a whole. Hate is just misunderstanding of another.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
I don't know what the thread is on. I grew up in the BX during by far the grimiest time and I copped a crib in the burbs to give my kids a better life. fukk what yall on, I like having a nice sized property for my kids to play on and having woods, grass and peaceful silence. I don't subscribe to the attitude that being black = abject poverty. I'm on my Marcus Garvey shyt.

In the words of Jordan Bellfort, "let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fukking time."

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Unity was broken when brehs fell in love with the Anglos dollar and values. Dudes are beefing because of that primarily in all facets of life. From corporate shyt to hood shyt. Fighting to be the top c00n and its on contingency and conditions. Only a few can be on top at a time.

A bunch of cacs aren't studious and refuse to believe the with college completion rates among cacs aren't stellar and everyday cacs are stupid beyond repair.

Yeah I initially thought it was the love of money as well. However African and our history has shown nothing but the love of assets and power. Humans just think like that. It's called the human equation.

I do agree cavs aren't studious however if most at least try at college or cc the filtration will have a good amount still finishing ahead. We aren't throwing a mass amount of blacks at cc or college that's the issue. They aren't smarter they just have higher expectations

jerome

Rookie
Daps
Some normal blacks have a reason to dislike hood people. Hood people are not as likeable as you think they are. Many fall under the categories of rude, annoying, vulgar. A lot of them don't give you a reason to like them, they lack basic social skills 6 times out of 10.