When I Was YOUNG...I Used To HATE BLACKS From The SUBURBS

Timeis$

Banned
Daps

THIS ISNT A BEING WELL SPOKEN ISSUE
NOR A HIP HOP ISSUE...

I WAS ALWAYS A WELL SPOKEN HONORS STUDENT...
USED TO GET TEASED BY THE HOMIES
FOR GIVING MY SPEECHES SO PROPER...

SUBURBAN BLACKS HAVE ALWAYS LOOKED AT LOWER CLASS BLACKS THROUGH THE EYES OF WHITES.

:devil:
:evil:

"Lower class" blacks as you put it look down on other lower class black themselves. I grew up in the suburbs and a lot of guys would try to "try" my blackness or claim I wasn't black enough when in reality MY though process and the fact I grew up in a two parent household with positive role models in a black man (father) and black woman (mother) I actually have always been very pro black and proud.

When I'd get dropped off the bus in the "white" neighboorhood dudes would try to clown me but of course they all chased after my sisters over any girls from their neighborhood and looked at whites as untouchable (especially white chicks) so at the end of the day who really is more pro black, down, or how ever you want to put it?

It's more off an individual thing as many blacks from the hood (understandably though due to the conditions) aren't running around as Malcom X.
I was always the suburban black kid who got shunned and made fun of for "talking white." I made so many genuine efforts throughout, both, middle school and high school to make friends/build bonds with my fellow black peers. It was always the same--a$$hole jokes about my clothing, and the way I talked. It got so bad that white kids started to join in. Both groups acting as a team to attack me. That's why I started to hate myself, and became a loner. I was always...ALWAYS jealous of the bond other blacks would have with each other. I wish I could tell you some happy ending to this story where I eventually met some black people who accepted me, but I can't. I'm now in my early 20s trying to figure out who I am, as a black man, in this world. I just feel so isolated. It sucks, but I definitely hold no hatred for my black brothers and sisters....just towards myself.
Sorry to hear this man. I grew up in the burbs went to majority white schools but you may think I'm lying but going to an HBCU was the best decision of my life. Black kids aren't a monolithic and they are black people who have similar interest like you it's just hard for you to meet them. I met guys who had similar interest like me in college.

It was like heaven coming from a majority white high school where I didn't feel 100% comfortable around the white kids and most of the black kids came from a different environment I did. Of course there were dudes who came from the hood in college who maybe had more in common with other guys but hell 2 of my best friends from college grew up in a different situation from me and honestly they aren't that much different from me both quality, smart, cats who now are successful black men. It just being in an HBCU environment I got to opportunity to meet fellow young black men that were about making something of themselves regardless of where they came from.

It's about mentality more so than where you come from when it comes to who you vibe with.

Just keep your head up.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Suburban nikka here. But I always stayed true to being black, even if it alienated me from certain people. The last thing I was gonna do was turn into some self hating, buck dancing c00n, tryna fit in with Tyler and Chelsea.:francis:

At the same time it was like walking a tight rope, because hood nikkas would hate on you. So you have to find the right people to kick it with, open minded people who don't expect you to kiss their ass, let you be yourself, and don't hate. People like that are kinda hard to find, so that's why I always had a small circle of friends rather than dozens of facebook type "friends".

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I was always the suburban black kid who got shunned and made fun of for "talking white." I made so many genuine efforts throughout, both, middle school and high school to make friends/build bonds with my fellow black peers. It was always the same--a$$hole jokes about my clothing, and the way I talked. It got so bad that white kids started to join in. Both groups acting as a team to attack me. That's why I started to hate myself, and became a loner. I was always...ALWAYS jealous of the bond other blacks would have with each other. I wish I could tell you some happy ending to this story where I eventually met some black people who accepted me, but I can't. I'm now in my early 20s trying to figure out who I am, as a black man, in this world. I just feel so isolated. It sucks, but I definitely hold no hatred for my black brothers and sisters....just towards myself.
:francis: damn bruh, thats fukked up.

:manny: but @CHICAGO i feel u bro, im 24 and still dont enjoy being around them like that and i been removed from living in the hood since like 05(after hurricane katrina)

:patrice: recently i was at this party, and i saw this dude i went to college wit(we become cool cause he randomly came up to me talking) and he from the burbs and basically had rich parents and shyt. while we was in school is use to work fulltime and go to school, he use to always be asking me why i work so much and shyt like i came up wit money like him. i use to just son and tell him chill the fukk out and stop asking me that dumb shyt :usure:and we was basically "school cool" (i think im to old me make new male friends and i was bout 22 at that time) and he use to always try and get me to hang out with him and his friends, they was in to raves, paint parties and "trap parties" and i always told him nah and shyt.

but anyway i seen him at the party like tuesday and i go up to holla at him right quick, the party is like a mix between hood and college type shyt, and we talked for bout a minute and he ask me who i was wit and i pointed to my homies, and he got scared and said :whoo: "man u hand wit hood dudes, that probably why u never wanted to party wit us" i just started laughing and walked off. dudes are so fukking corny yo :heh:

Giselle

Daps
I don't care. It starts with simply paint. Oh it's poor Anglo people in suburbs. So, who gives a freak!?!? You're acting like gangs are full of grown men. It's kids. Aesthetics are worth a lot. Change the presentation, you change the attitude. It works! You're trying to make excuses for not making any changes but really enjoy the status quo and don't want to make cacs uncomfortable or piss them off.

It's the gangs! Gang problems are prevalent in only the top 3 metropolitans by population. New York, LA and Chicago, respectively to population. What about the rest of the country? Myself included with what little money we get, we should be building up our stuff. Start with paint then grass and work from there. Idc if a person is renting or not. The same applies to black suburbs as well.

I stopped reading right there.

Now that I'm 100% sure that you don't know what you're talking about, I am done with this convo.

I also see that you have chosen to ignore the part where I said people can help build a place without living in that place. You deleted it from my post when you quoted. LOL

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Yes, a characterization of a suburban atmosphere is a higher standard of living. Look up the definition of 'suburban' then look up the cities I mentioned. You're completely off base.
The entire South Side of Chicago is in the suburbs breh.

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
In 2015, this is no longer an excuse. People like you with your line of thinking are in the minority. The rest of us are awakening and starting to realize what modern'day hiphop really is: a tool to used by white supremists to degrade us and to keep our mindset in an ignorant and destructive place. You can keep giving poisonous rap a pass breh, but the rest of us are progressing and moving on. And ill leave this rite here:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/lines-that-make-the-kkk-banderas.327897/

People like me?

I'm listening to House music breh

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a unique view because I've spent time in both. You can't really fit in the suburbs, because your gonna view them as corny. Issue with the hood is nyggas if you have a variety of different interest, you aren't gonna really fit in either.

However, men will always have sports & women in common regardless of your background.

LogicFirst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
so did I @CHICAGO but then I realized despite being on the other side of the fence we still were attacked by the White establishment just from different angles.
I still hate project nikkaz. I'm from the suburbs. They're just low class shytty people. They're insecure too. They try and act tough to hide this truth but I see right through it.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama

How is hip hop promoting this if its been going on since slavery? Is colorism promoted by hip hop? Maybe it's just something we have been conditioned to. You can blame hip hop all you want but these are all things that have plagued us forever. It's part of the AA experience. Black singers have always sung about sex, drugs, and violence. Hip hop has just given even more people a platform to do so. Plus the community has weakened which has weakened our morals. Hip hop is just reflecting that not the other way around
Bmore, you are 100% correct. We have been "conditioned" to link intelligence with "whiteness". This has been going on since slavery and waaaaay before rap, i acknowledged that in my previous post. Slaves HAD to embrace ignorance as a survival technique or they could face the ultimate penalty: death. Fast forward 500 years and we are STILL embracing ignorance as a whole. Whether you agree or not, hiphop culture has BECOME black culture, and the main theme of current hiphop is ignorance. Hiphop has made ignorance "cool" and acceptable. For instance take Fetty Wap as an example:

Dude's 1st single to the world is an ode to cooking cocaine on his stove with his female accomplice and he gets rewarded for it. Somebody made a thread titled" what if it was Black Queen instead of Trap Queen?" Well everybody on this board knows the answer. Nobody would know who Fetty Wap is today if he made an intelligent and uplifting song aimed at the black community. Ignorance and crime pays in the black community:

Education and intelligence does not. The black youth are FLOODED with messages like this. The black youth are linking success to crime and ignorance instead of intelligence and education. This is why somebody like Knuckles Red gets called "white" for speaking well and showing intelligence. This is a huge problem in our community and current hiphop culture is playing a major role. Intelligent black kids often hide their own true self for fear of being ridiculed. This happens all the time. Name me ONE other race/culture where its deemed a negative for being intelligent. We are an ass backward people and its a direct result of "conditioning" over the last 500 years. Current rap culture is simply an extension of that and a tool used by white supremists to keep us in this "mindset of ignorance". The saying "an intelligent black man is white societys' worse nightmare" is true. Just like in slavery the slave masters NEEDED blacks to be and remain ignorant, the same is true in 2015.

LogicFirst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:francis: damn bruh, thats fukked up.

:manny: but @CHICAGO i feel u bro, im 24 and still dont enjoy being around them like that and i been removed from living in the hood since like 05(after hurricane katrina)

:patrice: recently i was at this party, and i saw this dude i went to college wit(we become cool cause he randomly came up to me talking) and he from the burbs and basically had rich parents and shyt. while we was in school is use to work fulltime and go to school, he use to always be asking me why i work so much and shyt like i came up wit money like him. i use to just son and tell him chill the fukk out and stop asking me that dumb shyt :usure:and we was basically "school cool" (i think im to old me make new male friends and i was bout 22 at that time) and he use to always try and get me to hang out with him and his friends, they was in to raves, paint parties and "trap parties" and i always told him nah and shyt.

but anyway i seen him at the party like tuesday and i go up to holla at him right quick, the party is like a mix between hood and college type shyt, and we talked for bout a minute and he ask me who i was wit and i pointed to my homies, and he got scared and said :whoo: "man u hand wit hood dudes, that probably why u never wanted to party wit us" i just started laughing and walked off. dudes are so fukking corny yo :heh:
Jealousy, the green eyed monster.

LogicFirst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
If college has taught me anything it's that cornballs are cornballs, regardless where they're from. While I prefer not to be around the suburban try-hards, a lot of these so called "urban" types ain't much better. A lot of nikkas weren't raised right and will do the absolute most for a whiff of some blonde haired, blue-eyed pum pum.
The dirty broke project nikkaz are the ones treating white girls like some big prize and status symbol

LogicFirst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This is a sneak bait/troll thread.

I swear you nikkas from Everyhood, USA want other blacks from the burbs to care about how hard you had it. WE DONT CARE.

The OP is an idiot. Base one event (about a woman of course :francis:) on an entire group of YOUR OWN PPL. Just like a cac's thought process:usure:

that cornball dlee talking that give back to the community sambo shyt. We can say the same about hood blacks. Most of the hood lives off a government check and spends that bread on drugs, liq, and other shyt instead of "building a community" I would say burb blacks are 2x the worker than a random hoodnikka tbh.

But I dont even take this thread srsly.
Co-sign. This thread is corny. I see why I get negged all the time, it's hella dumb nikkaz on here

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
People like me?

I'm listening to House music breh
people like you that are still :cape: caping for ignorant, hate-filled rap music. We get it already!!! Rap is a report of whats' going on in the hood. Ok. Now What.:shaq2: We've been hearing these "reports" for 25 years now. Where's the reports about solutions. Where's the uplifting reports on how to get OUT of the hood and stay out. Where's the reports about WHO and WHY those conditions that creates hoods and ghettos exist in the 1st place. Where's the reports on white supremacy and the people that are INTENTIONALLY dumping drugs and guns into the hoods. All i hear are reports about blacks killing blacks, blacks selling drugs to other blacks, extreme materialism, promiscuity and the glorification of the gang/prison lifestyle. How is this helping anything? Are we not tired of hearing those type of "reports"? Its beyond played out. Its 2015 and we getting slaughtered out in these streets left and right. Our churches are being burned down and we're STILL listening and dancing to music that promotes and glorifies our own genocide. We need to be off that. No other race of people on earth hates themselves that much to call music that degrades themselves "just entertainment"