When CACs didn't have black people to steal Rock music from, it died in less than 30 years

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
When was that??​

There's always been a section of white people who listen to rap specifically but in high school in the 90s they had their own bands (which honestly weren't terrible). Grunge was big and Metallica shyt like that.

There was a time when going gold on a rap album was a huge success.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Red Hot fukkin Chili Peppers breh:ufdup:

Digging into the afformentioneds Stuff for the first time is GOATed but Blood Sugar Sex Magik kills alla those(yes it includes Nevermind)

edit:id also add Hole and Nine Inch Nails

Absolutely. I know dudes can be cynical on here and roll their eyes but tell me with a straight face

Ten
Dirt
Core
Nevermind
Superunknown
Blood Sugar
The Fragile

Weren't dope albums and I can't take them seriously. Great workout music too.

Courtney Love was dope but damn what a human train wreck.

These acts now are trash

This alone shyts on anything dropped in the 2000's

Last edited:

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
Absolutely. I know dudes can be cynical on here and roll their eyes but tell me with a straight face

Ten
Dirt
Core
Nevermind
Superunknown
Blood Sugar
The Fragile

Weren't dope albums and I can't take them seriously. Great workout music too.

Courtney Love was dope but damn what a human train wreck.

These acts now are trash

This alone shyts on anything dropped in the 2000's

:yes: at the Bolded(The Gym) but also I like Core but I think Purple is better,ive been bumping Vasoline heavy

It started to be My Theme Song for these Holidays when I first heard it:wow:and of course theres Black Hole Sun

Last edited:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
There's always been a section of white people who listen to rap specifically but in high school in the 90s they had their own bands (which honestly weren't terrible). Grunge was big and Metallica shyt like that.

There was a time when going gold on a rap album was a huge success.
Got ya'. Only issue is that there's never been a period in American history (afaik) where 'White' people were ignorant of Black music or vice versa. The 'divide' between them was always tenuous at most and based on racism, not musicianship.

Consider Funkadelic or The Everly Brothers.

Personally, I got some flack back in the 80's for liking rock.....until Run DMC dropped Rockbox/King of Rock......which was weird to me considering my Gen's childhood was filled with disco/album oriented rock records.​

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
:yes: at the Bolded(The Gym) but also I like Core but I think Purple is better,ive been bumping Vasoline heavy

It started to be My Theme Song for these Holidays when I first heard it:wow:and of course theres Black Hole Sun

:ohlawd:

This might be the saddest song ever made

When I was I Seattle this summer (dope place too) got a chance to visit their Rock Museum. What an experience that was.

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, I wish young black folks have discipline to do more than rap and autotune rnb these days, just that other artforms can be enhanced immensely by young black talent.
learning an instrument is hard, if you wasn't doing lessons in school then its hard to do it at agood level

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
learning an instrument is hard, if you wasn't doing lessons in school then its hard to do it at agood level
Internet is key. Its no different than getting good at 2k or GTA , when all this stuff is online.

Even moreso for guitar because you could print out guitar tabs which work like those cheesy "how to dance" arcade machines that light up to show you exactly where to put your foot to dance to a song, but instead its a diagram for fingers. Guitarists dont even need to learn music notation or even music theory to play complex songs.

In all honestly, With guitar tabliture you could play without even knowing what chords are because of the DIY nature of the diagrams.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Rock is dead...cus the black man said so:wow:

Rock could never keep up with the damn near yearly changes of what's cool or not like hip hop can.
True

We are modernists musically, we care about whats relevant and hip (hence the term Hipster). Jazz artists used to hate when people asked about their old stuff, even if it was a monumental success. Even Miles himself didnt wanna be a living Museum, he was getting hate from critics because he was 10-20 years ahead of everyone

As long as Black people create music and grind it out and dont half ass our shyt, we good. We know whats hot before everyone

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Honestly it probably has more to do with the internet and streaming music for free. Rap is a lot cheaper to produce and not a lot of people are willing to do the band grind, learning an instrument, etc. when people are just going to copy your CD and post it online.

Had a white dorm mate in college who got his band up to professional quality and ended up giving it up to work in a pet store. You can’t live that small touring band life like that anymore; selling your CDs and t-shirts after the show.