When CACs didn't have black people to steal Rock music from, it died in less than 30 years

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Meanwhile Dance music is probably the blackest music out right now

:wow:
Dance music is supreme, a lot of music here started out that way. Including Rock. You can even dance to drill

As long as we keep that in mind we'll eat.

I want American brehs and brehettes create a modern successor to House or Funk. Other communities is jacking our old shyt and people acting like it's new. We should take our old shyt a modernize it. That one Lizzo song does a good job of it

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well, I wish young black folks have discipline to do more than rap and autotune rnb these days, just that other artforms can be enhanced immensely by young black talent.
that may have something to do with arts getting zero funding in schools. kids don't have band/music class past primary school

a lot of the best bands of the 20th century met through school and already knew an instrument as teens. kids now have to learn that outside of school and it can be very expensive

Sway

Banned
Daps
Trending on TikTok,but yeah you’re right for the most part.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Might be a bit 'heavy' for this thread.....

Lead guitarist.....

WNCoouZjmUefQX8UPvHSaU-970-80.jpg

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Another part is musicians aren’t joining together to make a band. When I read stories or listen to interviews with folks like Babyface, nikkas been in like 5, 6 bands before really popping. That’s R&B. R&B was supplemented by synthesizers so a band isn’t necessary. You’re not Rock without a band of musicians and I just don’t think bands are forming anymore.

Last edited:

Anton

All Star
Daps
I wish more brehs took guitar seriously.

Cacs see a breh playing guitar and they assume he can't play and is carrying the guitar just to look cool.

I be trolling them..and yes I know half the solo to freebird so I wish a cac would yell freebird when I play

they do.. just because it's not white people music like freebird.. dont mean they aint taking seriously.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
some of the biggest rock stars were openly racist.. like Eric Clapton :pacspit:
I think a major reason is that rock is no longer subversive or edgy. The music that drives rebellion and controversy today is rap, and has been for quite some time. Think about the singular rock stars who not only drive controversy in the 90s, but were also pushed music forward. Axel Rose, Kurt Cobain, Billy Corgan, Eddie Vedder, Liam Gallagher, etc. By the 2000s we had nu metal which was wack but at least had rock stars. Once you get past 2005 or so where are the guys who were clearly That Guy, whether you fukked with the music or not? Compared to rap where suddenly Kanye, Wayne, Jay, Jeezy, TI, Drake, Kendrick, Travis, Uzi, etc etc were suddenly cooler or bigger or more controversial or more important etc than anything rock was producing.

Also the lack of a "great rock band." I couldn't even tell you who the biggest (active) rock band is today, not counting legends. I remember when Foo Fighters were that band for instance. They're still big now but like...who came after them and became that band? I have no idea.
every rock star you mentioned above killed rock music with the exception of cobain

especially the foo fighters... dave grohl is a good drummer but his songs are mid and bland and 'safe'.. i know white women who drive minivans who love his music. rock music became sanitized and boring

80s/90s underground rock was great but it was kind of the last gasp of that genre. if youre into that kind of thing the book our band could be your life is a great read. i played in a few punk bands when i was younger

im glad rap killed rock music

code money scratching with the filas :russ:

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
some of the biggest rock stars were openly racist.. like Eric Clapton :pacspit:

every rock star you mentioned above killed rock music with the exception of cobain

especially the foo fighters... dave grohl is a good drummer but his songs are mid and bland and 'safe'.. i know white women who drive minivans who love his music. rock music became sanitized and boring

80s/90s underground rock was great but it was kind of the last gasp of that genre. if youre into that kind of thing the book our band could be your life is a great read. i played in a few punk bands when i was younger

im glad rap killed rock music

code money scratching with the filas :russ:

i dont think oasis, nirvana, and smashing pumpkins killed rock

i think coldplay, my chemical romance, and nickelback killed rock

the 90s had a very rebellious aspect to rock. for god's sake Nirvana had a song called Rape Me that was sung on live tv. what is Coldplay's hardest song? how about Nickelback? hell even hard rock bands like Papa Roach and Alien Ant farm were mid

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
i dont think oasis, nirvana, and smashing pumpkins killed rock

i think coldplay, my chemical romance, and nickelback killed rock

the 90s had a very rebellious aspect to rock. for god's sake Nirvana had a song called Rape Me that was sung on live tv. what is Coldplay's hardest song? how about Nickelback? hell even hard rock bands like Papa Roach and Alien Ant farm were mid
that was my point homie

:blessed:

oasis are awful tho. shyt is like beatles fanfiction

second sentence was on point.. that nickelback shyt was horrible. and that cac with the ramen noodle hair

NickelBackHEader.jpeg

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think a major reason is that rock is no longer subversive or edgy. The music that drives rebellion and controversy today is rap, and has been for quite some time. Think about the singular rock stars who not only drive controversy in the 90s, but were also pushed music forward. Axel Rose, Kurt Cobain, Billy Corgan, Eddie Vedder, Liam Gallagher, etc. By the 2000s we had nu metal which was wack but at least had rock stars. Once you get past 2005 or so where are the guys who were clearly That Guy, whether you fukked with the music or not? Compared to rap where suddenly Kanye, Wayne, Jay, Jeezy, TI, Drake, Kendrick, Travis, Uzi, etc etc were suddenly cooler or bigger or more controversial or more important etc than anything rock was producing.

Also the lack of a "great rock band." I couldn't even tell you who the biggest (active) rock band is today, not counting legends. I remember when Foo Fighters were that band for instance. They're still big now but like...who came after them and became that band? I have no idea.

gotta be imagine dragons or whatever.. i don't even.. is Chad kroeger still around :dead:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps

That era of

Pearl Jam
Nirvana
Alice In Chains
Soundgarden
Stone Temple Pilots
Smashing Pumpinks

Was PHENOMENAL music.