When CACs didn't have black people to steal Rock music from, it died in less than 30 years

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Yep fukk with the username facelift and dirt are 1a 1b to me in terms of grunge albums.
1xdxip.jpg

Staley man. He was sensational. He had a way of capturing the dark section of humanity like no other artist I ever heard.

Purely authentic, sobering and raw pain and talent all in one person. He was a force of nature.

Me next to Cornell statue in Seattle.

20220813-145953.jpg

Last edited:

Big_Carl

Rookie
Daps
And 2 of the greatest guitarist from the end of Rock’s cac phase were half brehs…

Tom Morello and Slash.

*timestamped

D4-E1-F9-E8-AADF-4-B67-A4-D4-9-B37093-B4-FC6.jpg

37-E70-AC7-1-F6-C-47-F8-A894-3860-D6-ECBA0-D.jpg

Someone correct me but Fender is more closely related to rock where as Gibson (Slash’s) is more so related to blues…

It’s what I was told and why I bought a Gibson that I never learned to play…

I’m a fan of RATM though…

/ramble

Frantz Fanon

Rookie
Daps
Someone correct me but Fender is more closely related to rock where as Gibson (Slash’s) is more so related to blues…

It’s what I was told and why I bought a Gibson that I never learned to play…

I’m a fan of RATM though…

/ramble
You can play any genre of music on any brand of guitar. They are constructed a bit differently to fit different nuances in people's guitar playing styles, but countless famous blues and rock guitarists have played both Fenders and Gibsons, it's completely down to personal preference. I find most Fender guitars to be too light and small in the body to play comfortably, and I prefer the way a nice heavy Les Paul feels in my hands. I'm also used to the neck shape and length on Gibson-style guitars, and the difference throws me off whenever I pick up a Fender. Hendrix made the Fender Strat famous, but he also used Gibson SG's and Flying V's during his career and still sounded like Hendrix.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The biggest Country music hits nowadays are so called "Country Rap"
:comeon:

I was just talking about this the other day with someone. My coworkers wife (black) listens to this new country shyt and I distinctively remember her saying something to him about the music being loud when we were all chilling. She said something like "nobody wants to hear all that bytches and hoes shyt"....only for me to hear her listening to this country rap shyt when we were on Warzone and the song was come fake ass country rapper talking about bytch this, ride this cowboy dikk or some shyt and we were all :why:wtf is this breh. He said, my wife playing her music. I flat out told him I cant respect his wife after making that comment but listening to that shyt.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Decent run from the 80s to 2000s.

Glam rock and metal in the 80s, grunge in the 90s, emo in the 00s and then it died before we even hit 2020. all while hip hop and rap were exploding in the same time line

before that there was a solid 30 years of stealing music from black folks from the 40s to 70s.

if i'm wrong, prove it :ehh:

what you say is FACTS!

The glory years of Rock music is when the white acts intentionally made sure the music they produced was heavily Blues-based

even heavy metal was hardcore blues-based

the more Folky-Rock too was based heavily in acoustic blues

as soon as "Rock" music at large, started easing out its Blues foundations, it fell off

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I think a major reason is that rock is no longer subversive or edgy. The music that drives rebellion and controversy today is rap, and has been for quite some time. Think about the singular rock stars who not only drive controversy in the 90s, but were also pushed music forward. Axel Rose, Kurt Cobain, Billy Corgan, Eddie Vedder, Liam Gallagher, etc. By the 2000s we had nu metal which was wack but at least had rock stars. Once you get past 2005 or so where are the guys who were clearly That Guy, whether you fukked with the music or not? Compared to rap where suddenly Kanye, Wayne, Jay, Jeezy, TI, Drake, Kendrick, Travis, Uzi, etc etc were suddenly cooler or bigger or more controversial or more important etc than anything rock was producing.

Also the lack of a "great rock band." I couldn't even tell you who the biggest (active) rock band is today, not counting legends. I remember when Foo Fighters were that band for instance. They're still big now but like...who came after them and became that band? I have no idea.
Greta van Fleet ..young guys like all were under 25..clearly Led Zeppelin influenced

They were everywhere then the buzz died down. But they were getting getting praise and alot of exposure.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
won't lie I get off on metal fans seething about Hip Hop's dominance : :ahh: That's what you get for shytting on rap when it was in it's infancy and calling it talentless jungle obongo music

They blamed Disco for putting a nail in Rock's casket..Disco of course being Black music like hip hop was blamed. Forgetting they also stole Rock n Roll. Someone should have told those cacs theyre not authorities on Black music and should fukk off.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps

When CACs didn't have black people​

I stopped here and the first thing to come to mind was "they ate each other?" but then i remembered WW2. I was close.