When CACs didn't have black people to steal Rock music from, it died in less than 30 years

Anton

All Star
Daps
that was my point homie

:blessed:

oasis are awful tho. shyt is like beatles fanfiction

second sentence was on point.. that nickelback shyt was horrible. and that cac with the ramen noodle hair

NickelBackHEader.jpeg
Post an oasis song that sounds like the beatles... i think you got oasis confused with another band.

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
At its core, rap music/hip hop culture was born out of issues caused and perpetuated by the white elite. I think it is for this reason that white people will never be able to truly infiltrate and "take over" the genre like they were able to with rock. Rap music/hip hop culture is organically, authentically, inherently, unapologetically, almost genetically black.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Greta Van fleet had next for a minute.

Last rock star might be Jack white...I know the older hippie groupie hoes love dude...and the older guys like Jimmy Page rock with dude...I dig him because he experiments...And he probably created the last rock stadium anthem with 7 Nation Army.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
not sure what OP is talking about...
...Indie rock and Folk are alive and kicking

there are a lot of different genres

Most music is pretty much niched down at the moment

Frantz Fanon

Rookie
Daps
as far as im concerned the only interesting 'rock' music left these days is stoner/doom metal and psychrock.. japanese bands are killing it imo

i wanted to see these cats in oklahoma city a couple years ago but covid ruined that:

:blessed:

Doom metal and heavy psych rock (not that soft ass bullshyt like Tame Impala that people call psych rock) are some of the last genres of rock that thrive in the underground, are edgy and have some balls/attitude, but are not so inaccessible that they're completely unlistenable to most people. The scene is one of the least :mjpls: rock fanbases too, for the most part the listeners are all chill people just into getting high and jamming Black Sabbath and Hendrix.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
They're just going to steal hip hop and we'll be forced to invent something new.....again

Its been 50 years and Hip Hop is still largely black. In order for CACs to successfully take a black artform and erase history, they have to grab a black artform in its early formative years, like what they did to Rock and Roll. When Elvis came in the 50s, Rock n Roll was barely over 15 years old.

Billie Jean

everything I did wrong...worked.
Daps
Reppin
Neverland
Rock is dead...cus the black man said so:wow:

Rock could never keep up with the damn near yearly changes of what's cool or not like hip hop can.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
that may have something to do with arts getting zero funding in schools. kids don't have band/music class past primary school

a lot of the best bands of the 20th century met through school and already knew an instrument as teens. kids now have to learn that outside of school and it can be very expensive
True used to be able to rent an instrument like $20 back in 1998 currency for the whole year..not sure if you can now.

Always Wanted band but my pops wasn't gonna pay for a clarinet rental..too gay he said..but there were no spots for saxophone so I was shyt outta luck :mjgrin: