When CACs didn't have black people to steal Rock music from, it died in less than 30 years

mykey

Superstar
Daps
It's definitely not main stream any more.

It's basically all just alternative rock and folk music now and none of that shyt is really topping the charts. Country music is still big, but "country music" of today has very little in common with the big name country music singers of the past like Dolly Parton. It's just rock with slide guitars.
The biggest Country music hits nowadays are so called "Country Rap"
:comeon:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Rock is dead...cus the black man said so:wow:

Rock could never keep up with the damn near yearly changes of what's cool or not like hip hop can.
They can’t set the trends is the problem. They had the tshirt with the flannel trend and that was it. We literally determine what’s cool for the entire world. From fashion to speech to music to movies.

No genre can do that. No race of people can do it. Black Americans set the trends for the world

TEKBEATZ

Banging Pads
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Saint Petersburg. FL
I wish more brehs took guitar seriously.

Cacs see a breh playing guitar and they assume he can't play and is carrying the guitar just to look cool.

I be trolling them..and yes I know half the solo to freebird so I wish a cac would yell freebird when I play
I might need you on a track my g

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
That era of

Pearl Jam
Nirvana
Alice In Chains
Soundgarden
Stone Temple Pilots
Smashing Pumpinks

Was PHENOMENAL music.

Red Hot fukkin Chili Peppers breh:ufdup:

Digging into the afformentioneds Stuff for the first time is GOATed but Blood Sugar Sex Magik kills alla those(yes it includes Nevermind)

edit:id also add Hole and Nine Inch Nails

Last edited:

King Poetic

Sagittarius KingPin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pacific Ocean
Have to agree

Those white kids switch to pop and rap

They got tired of listening to fukking drums and keyboards more than the lyrics on those heavy metal and rock songs

ObsidianDev

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OH
The best of modern rock/metal these days is mostly underground or indie, with a few mainstream exceptions (the ones that haven't started phoning it in or gotten :flabbynsick: yet, at least).

Got put on to this band by chance thanks to a music reviewer on YouTube:

This band stars Tosin Abasi, a Black guitarist that many think is the best guitar player alive right now:

I think rap music is going through a "corporate" phase, in a sense, similar to rock music in the late nineties with the death of grunge and the rise of pop punk.

When rock was at its peak in the early eighties, generic hair metal bands like Motley Crue were more popular, but thrash metal bands like Metallica (who were mostly underground prior to '86) blew them away in terms of musicianship.

When a genre becomes the de facto soundtrack for a generation, record labels latch onto it like a leech and drain the life out of it until becomes a hollow shell of its former self, which explains why rap is in the state that it's in now, among other factors.

Now that rock is no longer America's #1 genre, there's been a revival of experimentation and skill among newer bands.

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
Decent run from the 80s to 2000s.

Glam rock and metal in the 80s, grunge in the 90s, emo in the 00s and then it died before we even hit 2020. all while hip hop and rap were exploding in the same time line

before that there was a solid 30 years of stealing music from black folks from the 40s to 70s.

if i'm wrong, prove it :ehh:
Absolutely

Mainstream rock died a quick death after grunge

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I think it fell off largely because rock fans got too uppity to except a crossover transition. I remember groups like Nickleback and Limp Biskit getting all types of hate even though they seemed to be the most popular.
Hiphop almost did that by hating on rappers that sing, like Ja Rule, before finally embracing them.