What's the point of being a black militant?

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama

HOW. realistically. Blacks don't own shyt, so you are only able to get away with what Whites allow you too. Dead Prez main audience is White. Paul Mooney appeals to White liberals, when is the last time you heard someone say that Paul Mooney is funnier that Martin Lawrence in the hood.

White people own everything. especially at this point. Its not even fair. The most ghetto rapper you can ever think of hearing is going to be owned by a white man.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:heh: you really hate our women don't u breh

we can and have provided a counter offer, its called self respect. You don't need to be filthy rich to be happy. Just enough for the bills to be paid and food on the table with a lil bit of money to burn here and there. I feel that we are too busy trying to chase the American Dream and base our success around that.

the black community aint even offering that though. how many black employers are really out there like that? and doesn't the american dream entail having a nice house, bills paid, 2.5 kids, etc -- how you going to make that happen with no money? can i go put a down payment on a nice house in a good community with self respect? will the grocery store take my self respect card? fukk outta here with ya airy fairy bullshyt, money talks nikka.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
:heh: you really hate our women don't u breh

we can and have provided a counter offer, its called self respect. You don't need to be filthy rich to be happy. Just enough for the bills to be paid and food on the table with a lil bit of money to burn here and there. I feel that we are too busy trying to chase the American Dream and base our success around that.

He's right as fukked up as it is. Respect ain't never fed a motherfukker or purchased them clothes.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
a black person who acts in a way so as to come across as trying to please or gain approval of the white-dominated establishment
well yeah

but we've got to look at what the white dominated establishment is offering. i mean there is no black dominated establishment alternative. like i said, until blacks can put up something as a counter offer, it's going to get worse. :heh:

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
the black community aint even offering that though. how many black employers are really out there like that? and doesn't the american dream entail having a nice house, bills paid, 2.5 kids, etc -- how you going to make that happen with no money? can i go put a down payment on a nice house in a good community with self respect? will the grocery store take my self respect card? fukk outta here with ya airy fairy bullshyt, money talks nikka.

Another person who has OPENLY said he doesn't mind losing his self respect.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Another person who has OPENLY said he doesn't mind losing his self respect.
your reading comprehension is fukked. me acknowledging the reality of the situation != me saying i'd c00n for money :heh:

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps

Never said it didnt and yes we are offering that, just not in large numbers. Yes the American dreams offers all of that, but tell me between 05-09 how many people lost all of that? Who said we needed to buy a house? Nothing wrong with renting, bills paid yes, but how many of those bills are necessary though? What is a good community for a black family? Not when you have bores ass white folks with guns killing us. A lot of black people think the American dream is simple and its not, and its doesnt mean happiness...not anymore. It's more of a liability in my honest opinion.

Self respect means not selling your soul for a buck, you values and morals. We don't have to do that to be happy.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
'Respect ain't gonna feed me'

You nikkas man :bryan:
this is exactly what i said

"can i go put a down payment on a nice house in a good community with self respect? will the grocery store take my self respect card? fukk outta here with ya airy fairy bullshyt, money talks nikka."

can you deny that reality? some of you nikkas are funny. let me find out y'all the same militants who be using EBT cards, like you gettin back at "the man"