What's the different between youth of today and youth of the 80s/90s

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
the fact you dont know what a BSU is. tells me all i need to know.

BLACK STUDENT UNION.

again. YOU AINT ABOUT DAT LIFE.

the medallions came first, the music came fresh after that. then the BSU followed that. a REAL MOVEMENT.

we had people getting scholarships(partials and full) to schools because of it. White teachers coming to us asking us about race relations. and we're kids in middle school.
yall..aint ... about..dat ..LIFE

and white people can put rap on all they want. it wasnt going to STAY on without US. as ridiculous as 2 live crew was. they are the reason some other programs are even on the radio talking about religion and other things. because of their STOP CENSORSHIP movement. that goes along with NWA.

the stuff you can hear on the radio(GOOD AND BAD). has a lot to do with that movement. but yall to silly to find out this info with all the info sitting at your finger tips.

nuccas got a library in your house, you dont even have to know the dewey decimal system. all you gotta do is "google it" and yall cant do that right half the time.

some clown can come in here and tell yall anything, and yall youngins will believe it. as long as he says "i saw it on the internet." without yall doing your own research. with the ease of typing it in a google search.

if i had google when i was 12. OH MY.

Oh noes, you had to learn the dewey decimal system :(

You operate under the assumption that libraries are obsolete. I've been to college (ladies!!) spent many years there, professors still made us obtain literary sources for our papers from the library. And lo! We had to use the same system (Library of Congress system, same shyt tbf). If you can read and count you can use those systems.

Partial and full ride schollys in middle school. Sure.

Really your life wasn't that hard. You think it was but it simply was not. No one in this thread had a tough life. The fact that you're bringing up the painful, tough time of looking up a book in the library let's me know everything. Many tears have been shed for the kid who struggled to find The Autobiography of Malcolm X in the library. Don't worry, he did.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
If they 90s babies like you, I'm not so sure... They might pull them tools out but only after they've posted what's happening on twitter and Facebook and have the video cameras recording.. by then you'll already be laying in a pool of your own blood... And if I did get done in wit a sawn off, these dumb fukks would've posted the shyt on YouTube incriminating everyone evolved.. If it was my generation a nikka wouldn't have made it within 5 feet of me b4 they got dropped lil nikka

What makes you think the ignorant nikkas of that generation wouldn't have broadcasted their accomplishment if it was available for them to do so?

What you are saying is like somebody in 50s the younger generation is bad because they got addicted to crack?

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
read my above post. this is my point. we know these yougins have it good. we aint mad. we mad at THEM because they aint using it right. all the stuff they have. everybody aint shooting everybody up like crazy. computers, the internet, cell phone like baby computers. come on. they should be able to make more moves then are actually are. but all they want to use this stuff for is quick entertainment. thats it. Cell phones are used for texting and taking pics/videos to post on worldstar as a joke. google is used to google the worldstar videos. twitter and Facebook could be used to start movements. but its only used to start twitter beef and E-beef in general.

they aint using it right.

The game been fukked up for a while now too. Shyt we're all guilty of it really. Thinking back, in the 90s NO ONE had cell phones really (I got my first--which was a Sprint Prepaid in 99' for $30 for 30 minutes). Now EVERYONE is on their got damn phone 24/7. ZaggiN had pagers back then, but funny enough, I knew the number of everyone that I was connected to by heart. Now I don't know anyone's number other than my parents house number (the house I grew up in) and my own cell phone number. Shyt I don't even know my fiance's number by heart lol. These days young bucks is texting, and forwarding tittay pics etc fuccin up their vocabulary and exposing themselves in ways that even their grand kids will be embarrassed by lol.

I mean the 80s 90s kids are a pivotal generation. A thousand years from now people will be able to look at our generation as the last before the internet/computer information age. This millenium generation is the beginning of the end though. This generation is like the beginning of some Terminator shyt with this dependency on technology.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Since the 30's yet you still haev a playstation 3, xbox, smartphone, laptop, desktop computer, social networking sites, new clothes the club and ciroc. Stop it.

:beli:
Because having frivolous items=material success
Putting those items on credit, or ya pops bought it, doesn't mean you stunting.
During the Great Depression, the film industry had a boom. In times of peril, the entertainment industry is extremely lucrative, since most want to get away from their problems.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
:beli:
Because having frivolous items=material success
Putting those items on credit, or ya pops bought it, doesn't mean you stunting.
During the Great Depression, the film industry had a boom. In times of peril, the entertainment industry is extremely lucrative, since most want to get away from their problems.

People were STARVING in the great depression. ARE YOU, nikka? You aint feelin the crunch like they were in the 30s bruh STOP IT!

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
shytting on the new generation has been a part of human nature since the beginning.

The next generation is always softer, lazier, dumber, less talented even when the statistics point to the opposite. Nothing different going on in this thread.

There's no point in history when someone looked at the next generation and said "Hey, these kids are better and smarter than we are! They work harder and have better morals too!"

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Baby Boomers were a bunch of hippie freaks with no direction or morals. Developed a generation wide "fukk you" attitude to those after and before them.

Gen X was shytted on for over a decade for bein lazy, dumb, good for nothing freaks.

Gen Y is being shytted on for being lazy, soft, self-entitled and spending too much time on the internet.

Gen Z is currently being shytted on for being lazy, spoiled, and literally being incapable of functionin without technology.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh noes, you had to learn the dewey decimal system :(

You operate under the assumption that libraries are obsolete. I've been to college (ladies!!) spent many years there, professors still made us obtain literary sources for our papers from the library. And lo! We had to use the same system (Library of Congress system, same shyt tbf). If you can read and count you can use those systems.

Partial and full ride schollys in middle school. Sure.

Really your life wasn't that hard. You think it was but it simply was not. No one in this thread had a tough life. The fact that you're bringing up the painful, tough time of looking up a book in the library let's me know everything. Many tears have been shed for the kid who struggled to find The Autobiography of Malcolm X in the library. Don't worry, he did.
lol at you having to go to the library because your professor said so. aint no way i'm in the library unless i WANT to be there. especially with the internet. you can get digital books excerpts from the books, bibliographies and what not would be a breeze. i didnt say copy and paste entire pages and call it your paper. but you could copy and paste some stuff piece meal it together and call it your own. ay you may be an exception to the rule. but most of yall DONT USE IT RIGHT. and you know it.

yes dudes were getting partial and full ride schollies in middle school. black colleges learned about our BSU thru some of our black teachers that were connected (perhaps some were alums). we had college alums coming thru to my middle school .that was unheard of. they just started shooting thru to highschool bsu's. i didnt say Everyone was getting the schollies, some were given. all people had to do was desire to go to those schools and get decent grades. now granted(LOL)> those were the schools in the backwoods somewhere in the south. middle of nowhere. but hey. some money off of tuition for someone who doesnt care where they go is better then nothing.

the point is. we were not PLAYING AROUND. it was serious to us. as early teens. we had are fun. but we knew when it was time to get serious(not talking about the thug lifers). what i will say is this. looking at my super young nieces and nephew. little kids. i can see they know what they are doing with this technology. and it helps that the young teachers know about it already so they can use it in class a lot more then say yalls teachers who were still old as dirt most times and didnt really mess with the internets like that. so that helps.

we just wish yall would be more innovative in yalls thinking and stop piggy backing off of everything we did. take it to the next level. IT being everything and especially HIPHOP, my goodness lets not talk about that. yall thinking we hatin and we really sitting back rubbing our hands together waiting for yall to blow. but yall are to caught up in "win win win no matter what.." theme songs to pay attention and come up with something.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
People were STARVING in the great depression. ARE YOU, nikka? You aint feelin the crunch like they were in the 30s bruh STOP IT!

The reason folks is not starving, because they have things like Welfare; Public Housing and Food Stamps, which didn't exist til the late 30s and wasn't as widespread as it is now.

Half of college grads are jobless, over 60% of teens are unemployed. Most Americans are in debt, Social Security is slowly becoming a thing of the past.
Do I really have to explain this? :what:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The reason folks is not starving, because they have things like Welfare; Public Housing and Food Stamps, which didn't exist til the late 30s and wasn't as widespread as it is now.

Half of college grads are jobless, over 60% of teens are unemployed. Most Americans are in debt, Social Security is slowly becoming a thing of the past.
Do I really have to explain this? :what:

You have to explain how this equates to struggle

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
tter then nothing.

the point is. we were not PLAYING AROUND. it was serious to us. as early teens.

Really? Because the statistics really don't point to that.

Like I said, every generation is biased to what they had to go through.

You don't think I'll be telling my kids that I got through the worst economic times since the 1930's? nikka please, I'll claim me and my age group were starving and eating scraps while working 16 hour workdays. :smugfavre: