What's the different between youth of today and youth of the 80s/90s

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
There are no more rebels to fight the high-ups is the generation level. Most kids are following the old school model without critical thinking.

that's what pisses me off about them the MOST. bunch of fukking lemmings that operate in "group think" mode and don't question anything. shyt even the so called "arsty" kids follow the same fukking hipster mold. it's like they're DEVOID of free thought and critical thinking skills. whatever twitter ...EmptyV ..facebook deems acceptable is what they dikkride. gotta stay within the confines like a brainwashed zombie. :rolleyes: fukk these lil sheep. and these fukkers are gonna run our world in a few decades?? y'all think sh*t is facist and police state NOW? just wait. :laff: :snoop:

i miss free thinking PROGESSIVE minded youth\teens..the 70's 80's and early 90's all had them. unfortunately the last generation of truly free thinkers are those of us complaining in here.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
:sadcam: @ all us confused/lost nikkas all being born in 88.

Had the best of both world though,still went outside and could survive w/o technology as a youngin' and was barely a teenager when the internet first started poppin' . :smugdraper:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
1) Glorified sausage fest

2) You sat at home in your snuggie suffering from strep.

3) White people put rap on

4) Wearing goofy clothes and cheap medallions isn't a struggle or tough.

5) Don't know what a BSU is but you're probably exaggerating.

6) Gangs filtered out because people knew that shyt was lame, not some flimsy treaty done in some hoodrats' backyard.

If I remember correctly, the Black militant movements like Public Enemy and Million Man March were known, but took a back seat to gangsta rap. Even Menace II Society straight up said "There ain't no black power shyt getting play on my ride" and people literally lived with that. Black on black killing peaked at that time too.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Truth!

I forgot about this thread, so I couldn't come back at the nikkas telling me my shyt was wrong.

I guess I was looking at it from my perspective. I'm an 88 baby, so I really wasn't into clubs / parties till prolly 2000-2002. nikkas didn't dance. The music even told them not to. Being a thug was a 100 percent necessary as a male, and ALL THE ROLE-MODELS SUCKED.

You old nikkas need to get off your high horse. Talkin about "no talent". The nikkas ya'll looked up to SAMPLED everything. Don't you remember you're olhead telling you that you're favorite rapper was shyt because he took an old R&B sample?

YOU still think them samples take a little talent, right? You're olhead was just bitter.

You've never had one of your elders talk about how shytTY rap is, PERIOD? You're elders were like, "all they talk about is killing....and how many different ways they can kill someone. :what: This takes NO talent!!!"

BUT YOU still felt like rappers had talent, right? The elder who told you that was also just a bitter fukk.

fukk outta here with that "no talent" shyt you bitter fukks. Let them kids have fun.

And again, :smh: @ you niggs MAD that kids are MORE peaceful in this day and age. Less homicides, more college grads and ya'll mad? :what: Just like you STUPID fukkS starter the fad of glorified KILLING in music. You were ignorant as fukk then, and it seems the shyt hasn't changed. :dry:

I said it once, I'll say it again; ya'll nikkas are / were just INSECURE.

They don't hear you though. 2002 was a complete 180 to what it is now.

YBE

Banned
Daps
:sadcam: @ all us confused/lost nikkas all being born in 88.

Had the best of both world though,still went outside and could survive w/o technology as a youngin' and was barely a teenager when the internet first started poppin' . :smugdraper:

87'-90' babies are the generation stuck between two worlds.

We grew up during the B.C. era (before computers) and the A.D. era (after dial-up)

YBE

Banned
Daps
Truth!

I forgot about this thread, so I couldn't come back at the nikkas telling me my shyt was wrong.

I guess I was looking at it from my perspective. I'm an 88 baby, so I really wasn't into clubs / parties till prolly 2000-2002. nikkas didn't dance. The music even told them not to. Being a thug was a 100 percent necessary as a male, and ALL THE ROLE-MODELS SUCKED.

You old nikkas need to get off your high horse. Talkin about "no talent". The nikkas ya'll looked up to SAMPLED everything. Don't you remember you're olhead telling you that you're favorite rapper was shyt because he took an old R&B sample?

YOU still think them samples take a little talent, right? You're olhead was just bitter.

You've never had one of your elders talk about how shytTY rap is, PERIOD? You're elders were like, "all they talk about is killing....and how many different ways they can kill someone. :what: This takes NO talent!!!"

BUT YOU still felt like rappers had talent, right? The elder who told you that was also just a bitter fukk.

fukk outta here with that "no talent" shyt you bitter fukks. Let them kids have fun.

And again, :smh: @ you niggs MAD that kids are MORE peaceful in this day and age. Less homicides, more college grads and ya'll mad? :what: Just like you STUPID fukkS starter the fad of glorified KILLING in music. You were ignorant as fukk then, and it seems the shyt hasn't changed. :dry:

I said it once, I'll say it again; ya'll nikkas are / were just INSECURE.

I want kids going to college. I want kids making to 21 without dying or going to jail. I want kids chilling, having fun instead of doing dumb shyt like we did. That's a good thing. Id rather my nephews & cousins grow up in a safer environment :manny:

But do they have to look like fairies and fakkits in the process? :ld: Is that a deal breaker? :skip:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
that's what pisses me off about them the MOST. bunch of fukking lemmings that operate in "group think" mode and don't question anything. shyt even the so called "arsty" kids follow the same fukking hipster mold. it's like they're DEVOID of free thought and critical thinking skills. whatever twitter ...EmptyV ..facebook deems acceptable is what they dikkride. gotta stay within the confines like a brainwashed zombie. :rolleyes: fukk these lil sheep. and these fukkers are gonna run our world in a few decades?? y'all think sh*t is facist and police state NOW? just wait. :laff: :snoop:

i miss free thinking PROGESSIVE minded youth\teens..the 70's 80's and early 90's all had them. unfortunately the last generation of truly free thinkers are those of us complaining in here.

What is the Occupy Wall Street Movement then :what:
It was started by college grads sick of this economic peril, and you do have folks from my age down at Lower Manhattan.

This whole, "this generation doesn't fight" is ridiculous, every generation throughout history has had people(not all mind you) fight for change.
However, let's not act like everyone is on activism, it never has been that(don't bring up the 60's, because it wasn't 20 million Fred Hamptons running around).

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
I want kids going to college. I want kids making to 21 without dying or going to jail. I want kids chilling, having fun instead of doing dumb shyt like we did. That's a good thing. Id rather my nephews & cousins grow up in a safer environment :manny:

But do they have to look like fairies and fakkits in the process? :ld: Is that a deal breaker? :skip:

:laff:

Let them nikkas do them. They'll look back, when they are older and be like "WTF was we thinkin :huhldup:"

Just like we look back at this:

baggypants.jpg

WTF was we thinkin?? :huhldup:

:pachaha:

You just gotta let fashion run its course. :manny:

• Dap
Reactions: YBE

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
It was started by college grads sick of this economic peril, and you do have folks from my age down at Lower Manhattan.

This whole, "this generation doesn't fight" is ridiculous, every generation throughout history has had people(not all mind you) fight for change.
However, let's not act like everyone is on activism, it never has been that(don't bring up the 60's, because it wasn't 20 million Fred Hamptons running around).

Lmao oh did someone from gen x make the revolutionary argument

If u weren't at them rallies shut that black power shyt up

They're no better than the arm chair revolutionaries out now on fb and twitter

Bu bu but I heard it on the radio ass nikkas

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Lmao oh did someone from gen x make the revolutionary argument

nah i made the argument that kids these days are to focused on (re: distracted) trying to be hashtag ballers... twitter models and viral celebs to even CARE about any issues of significance outside of that lil plastic superficial bubble...like we did back in the day.
bunch of fukking airheads walking around at a 90 degree angle mouth agape drooling over the next bullsh*t viral vid and reality tv "star" on their smartphone. sh*ts mind numbing...my IQ drops just thinking about it. :dry:

that's why China ..hell the whle EAST is leaving dumb ass american kids in the dust. what we're saying is that kids have ALL THESE TOOLS at their disposal that WE DIDN'T....to use for change..progressive thought etc but they aren't doing anything except dumbing themselves down and being disgustingly complacent. nobody is mad at kids for being "kids". shyt we've all been kids too.
it's the utter mental laziness of this generation that pisses most of us older heads off!

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
nah i made the argument that kids these days are to focused on (re: distracted) trying to be hashtag ballers twitter models and viral celebs to even CARE about any issues of significance outside of that lil plastic superficial bubble...like we did back it the day.
bunch of fukking airheads walking about at a 90 degree angle mouth agape drooling over the next bullsh*t viral vid and reality tv "star" on their smartphone. sh*ts mind numbing...my IQ drops just thinking about it. :dry:

that's why China ..hell the whle EAST is leaving dumb ass american kids in the dust. what we're saying is that kids have ALL THESE TOOLS at their disposal that WE DIDN'T....to use for change..progressive thought etc but they aren't doing anything except dumbing themselves down and being disgustingly complacent. nobody is mad at kids for being "kids". shyt we've all been kids too.
it's the utter mental laziness of this generation that pisses most of us older heads off!

Would you shut your dumbass up generalizing a whole fukking generation of people

They are busy reading hashtags we were busy play playstation.

You werent doing anything more than being growing up.

Why are you so damn stupid

YBE

Banned
Daps

shameless Boondocks drop....

"Who the fukk shows up to a march in a raincoat" :why:

Last edited by a moderator:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I don't care for the dress style and all of the fruitiness floating through the air, but I DO like the more peaceful nature of this younger generation. In 'our' day, you would walk around and just see another guy mean mugging you and wanting to fight if you 'looked at him wrong' or 'stepped on his shoes.' You couldn't even really go to the mall or a carnival without some guys fighting each other and tearing things up. Crack was being sold a lot more in them 90s. We had to have been some of the most disrespectful to the elders. This new generation has it's downsides, but I'm not going to act like our generation was this golden age of proper behavior. We may have been harder, but we were BAD during our time.

Angel On The Rag

I'm bloody hungry!!
Daps
Reppin
Tampax Warehouse
I don't care for the dress style and all of the fruitiness floating through the air, but I DO like the more peaceful nature of this younger generation. In 'our' day, you would walk around and just see another guy mean mugging you and wanting to fight if you 'looked at him wrong' or 'stepped on his shoes.' You couldn't even really go to the mall or a carnival without some guys fighting each other and tearing things up. Crack was being sold a lot more in them 90s. We had to have been some of the most disrespectful to the elders. This new generation has it's downsides, but I'm not going to act like our generation was this golden age of proper behavior. We may have been harder, but we were BAD during our time.

fighting is manly

so what you're saying is you like the new flock of fakkits? :beli: