What's the different between youth of today and youth of the 80s/90s

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If we started wearin baggy jeand and fubu jerseys again, sipped on 40z outside the store and shot every young black male that was moving, would we be "not soft" anymore :snoop:

that was only a select few clowns that were wilding out like that. most of us were looking at them shooters like :aicmon: breh you killing the community.

but i dont know what i would rather have. a 100 :wrist: Or 20 :bustback: yougins. its a hard choice.

bangedher_wholesquad

carlos danger
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one liked our generation neithr though. Wannabe thugs. Theres not much difference.I just think the music is weak. Ppl cant take bullying and open to the unnaturalnessz of homoness.ive accepted i am no longer a teen and what these young folks do is wierd to me.but they just copying whats popular. When gullu comes back the new gen will just create other problems to btch about. We are jusr in the era of accepting gayness. Which is against nature so i cant agree with it.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
If they 90s babies like you, I'm not so sure... They might pull them tools out but only after they've posted what's happening on twitter and Facebook and have the video cameras recording.. by then you'll already be laying in a pool of your own blood... And if I did get done in wit a sawn off, these dumb fukks would've posted the shyt on YouTube incriminating everyone evolved.. If it was my generation a nikka wouldn't have made it within 5 feet of me b4 they got dropped lil nikka

nikka, arent you from the suburbs :what: calm df down boy

exactly.

we million man marching in the 90's and early 00's.

we rioting for the King verdict

We had to PUT RAP on and keep it on.(No censorship) movement.

Black Power(public enemey, xclan, latifah...) african medallion movement.

WE MADE UP BSU's.

WE had to put together Gang Truces, and Peace Treaty's.

Yall yougins aint about dat life. and its what makes yall cotton soft.

Who is we? You probably only watched the riots from your tv :dry:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Folks really saying we have it easy or spoiled? :wtf:
This is the worst economy since the 30's, and millions of college grads don't have jobs.

As far as softness, I'll give you guys that to an extent, but it's not like every teenager is Charming right now.
At the end of the day, if previous generations came of age in this era, then they would be the same as my generation.

stop it. true story job wise and education. yall are about to experience some real life stuff. but WHAT YALL GOING TO DO ABOUT IT? nothing. sit there and take it. cause yall Aint about dat life. yall aint ready to do sit ins, organize protest. occupy wallstreet were people that were kids in the 80's, 90's, that have been grown. some of yall early 20's just jumped on the wagon to get a photo op on Facebook like yall always do.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka, arent you from the suburbs :what: calm df down boy

Who is we? You probably only watched the riots from your tv :dry:
true story. ^^lol. i was sick as a dog during the riots. i had strep throat. i was mad. i couldnt be out there wilding. but at the same time. i would've probably been shot down. i wasnt going to burn down some local store in my neighborhood. i would've taken that to the other side of town.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
true story. ^^lol. i was sick as a dog during the riots. i had strep throat. i was mad. i couldnt be out there wilding. but at the same time. i would've probably been shot down. i wasnt going to burn down some local store in my neighborhood. i would've taken that to the other side of town.

:dry:

You aint riot cuz ur throat hurted, but you callin us soft

FOH clown :snoop:

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
It's generational bias. Every generation swears that the next generation is destroying civilization, because as they get older, they can't comprehend the fact that people might do things differently than them. The fact that these dudes complaining don't see that is sad.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
exactly.

we million man marching in the 90's and early 00's.

we rioting for the King verdict

We had to PUT RAP on and keep it on.(No censorship) movement.

Black Power(public enemey, xclan, latifah...) african medallion movement.

WE MADE UP BSU's.

WE had to put together Gang Truces, and Peace Treaty's.

Yall yougins aint about dat life. and its what makes yall cotton soft.

1) Glorified sausage fest

2) You sat at home in your snuggie suffering from strep.

3) White people put rap on

4) Wearing goofy clothes and cheap medallions isn't a struggle or tough.

5) Don't know what a BSU is but you're probably exaggerating.

6) Gangs filtered out because people knew that shyt was lame, not some flimsy treaty done in some hoodrats' backyard.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dry:

You aint riot cuz ur throat hurted, but you callin us soft

FOH clown :snoop:

lol at throat hurted. if you ever in ya life get that real strep. you will come back to this thread an give me humble apologies.

i never go to the docs. it was so bad, i went mid riots. we were rolling thru streets where fools were running in and out of footlocker, throwing cocktail bombs. some fool ran up on the car while we were at the stop light. we darn near ran that fool over. like NOPE, not gonna happen.

my throat was closed up to the point i couldnt swallow jello . water would hurt. i didnt talk for a week straight. i just mumbled under my breath. cause he was that bad. and that riot smoke didnt help.

the point is my gen been thru all of that stuff. and i noticed how you picked the riots out of everything. cause you know you cant say anything about the rest of that list.

i personally started a BSU at my middle school when they were just forming at the high school level. again, YOU ..AINT ABOUT DAT LIFE.

yall walk around with these beats by dre headphones on, bumping anthem music about "win win win no matter what." that aint real life. thats that Dreamscape nonsense that have you living a lie. have you thinking wilding out on TV is worth the money they might pay you for a reality show just to be famous. you dont care how you get famous. just as long as someone knows you. you dont care if you look like a complete idiot. as long as you getting youtube views.

twitter followers.

like dude said above, yall would watch ya little sister get raped and film it, put it on worldstar then call the police later. still never attempting to stop it. all just to get famous.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
The youth of today (meaning anyone born after 1990) are completely different in so many ways compared to people who came up as teens and adults in the 80s and 90s. For starters, those of us born in the 70s and 80s can remember life before the internet or cell phones. The internet is probably the most life altering invention since the damn wheel and will continue to be. But when I think back to before I first got the internet in 1997--my life was completely different before then. The way you obtained information was simply different in any way imaginable.

Everything back in the mid and early 90s was obtained through word of mouth, advertisements on TV, billboards magazines etc. Unless you grew up and moved around a lot, what you knew about people in general (religious values, music preferences, clothes, personality types etc etc) was based entirely on where you lived. And if you actually needed information for school you went to a library and flipped through a hard copy card catalogue; google, wikipedia etc didn't exist.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

6) Gangs filtered out because people knew that shyt was lame, not some flimsy treaty done in some hoodrats' backyard.

the fact you dont know what a BSU is. tells me all i need to know.

BLACK STUDENT UNION.

again. YOU AINT ABOUT DAT LIFE.

the medallions came first, the music came fresh after that. then the BSU followed that. a REAL MOVEMENT.

we had people getting scholarships(partials and full) to schools because of it. White teachers coming to us asking us about race relations. and we're kids in middle school.
yall..aint ... about..dat ..LIFE

and white people can put rap on all they want. it wasnt going to STAY on without US. as ridiculous as 2 live crew was. they are the reason some other programs are even on the radio talking about religion and other things. because of their STOP CENSORSHIP movement. that goes along with NWA.

the stuff you can hear on the radio(GOOD AND BAD). has a lot to do with that movement. but yall to silly to find out this info with all the info sitting at your finger tips.

nuccas got a library in your house, you dont even have to know the dewey decimal system. all you gotta do is "google it" and yall cant do that right half the time.

some clown can come in here and tell yall anything, and yall youngins will believe it. as long as he says "i saw it on the internet." without yall doing your own research. with the ease of typing it in a google search.

if i had google when i was 12. OH MY.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

Meanwhile you were in england. Shut the fukk up fakkit.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The youth of today (meaning anyone born after 1990) are completely different in so many ways compared to people who came up as teens and adults in the 80s and 90s. For starters, those of us born in the 70s and 80s can remember life before the internet or cell phones. The internet is probably the most life altering invention since the damn wheel and will continue to be. But when I think back to before I first got the internet in 1997--my life was completely different before then. The way you obtained information was simply different in any way imaginable.

Everything back in the mid and early 90s was obtained through word of mouth, advertisements on TV, billboards magazines etc. Unless you grew up and moved around a lot, what you knew about people in general (religious values, music preferences, clothes, personality types etc etc) was based entirely on where you lived. And if you actually needed information for school you went to a library and flipped through a hard copy card catalogue; google, wikipedia etc didn't exist.
read my above post. this is my point. we know these yougins have it good. we aint mad. we mad at THEM because they aint using it right. all the stuff they have. everybody aint shooting everybody up like crazy. computers, the internet, cell phone like baby computers. come on. they should be able to make more moves then are actually are. but all they want to use this stuff for is quick entertainment. thats it. Cell phones are used for texting and taking pics/videos to post on worldstar as a joke. google is used to google the worldstar videos. twitter and Facebook could be used to start movements. but its only used to start twitter beef and E-beef in general.

they aint using it right.