What's the argument against paternity tests at birth?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Would you say that argument is dismissive? And why did you resort to blatant name calling?

Tennessee was trying to pass mandatory testing for unwed parents
I'm a parent. You had 40 weeks to come to term with your situation if you were unwed. That including living arrangements, contesting paternity, working out support etc.

If you don't believe the child is yours then you don't have to do anything. The courts will help you on that.

Fact is, if you're with a woman whose pregnant and don't believe the child is yours...you got bigger issues that won't be solved by a paternity test.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I'm a parent. You had 40 weeks to come to term with your situation if you were unwed. That including living arrangements, contesting paternity, working out support etc.

If you don't believe the child is yours then you don't have to do anything. The courts will help you on that.

Fact is, if you're with a woman whose pregnant and don't believe the child is yours...you got bigger issues that won't be solved by a paternity test.

But aren't there a lot of men who 100% trust the woman and don't feel the need to test, but some find out the kids aren't theirs?

I think a lot of dudes just see it as a humans right's thing, like abortion.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
But aren't there a lot of men who 100% trust the woman and don't feel the need to test, but some find out the kids aren't theirs?

I think a lot of dudes just see it as a humans right's thing, like abortion.
You sound like you have some insecurities you need to work on.

It's not the governments job to manage your relationship.

:francis:

I don't want to see the crocodile tears when the government arrests or fines you for not showing up for your government mandated paternity and gender reveal tests because you couldn't get off work.:mjlol:

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why don't you won't government involvement? Doesn't the government get involved when it comes to abortion?

In my previous post, I think posters see it as a humans rights thing, men have a right to know with 100% uncertainty.
I don't want government involvement in abortion either.

Men have the right to know but no one is stopping them from knowing if they choose to by doing the test themselves. The government not getting involved in this issue is not an infringement on men's rights. It would be infringement on men's right to know if the government was prohibiting the paternity tests (which they are not). To me, this whole question comes down to people wanting the government to check and investigate their girl and child because some men are too soft/pussey/naive/dumb to do it themselves. If you're getting cheated on and cucked, it's not the government's responsibility to come in and investigate your family matters for you.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Just want to say I agree with having mandatory testing but as far as the argument for people not involved: cost probably. Taxpayers foot the bill on those.
Why not just add it to the bill automatically? The government makes you pay for licenses. What’s another $100 on a hospital bill. Insurance might end up covering most of it anyway…

Veteran
Daps
You sound like you have some insecurities you need to work on.

It's not the governments job to manage your relationship.

:francis:

I don't want to see the crocodile tears when the government arrests or fines you for not showing up for your government mandated paternity and gender reveal test.:mjlol:

Why are you assuming I'm insecure? I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anybody here, just asking questions and stating observations. Is the government not already involved via abortion and divorce?

It sounds like a lot of dudes see this as a human right's issue like abortion and want things to be fair. If women can abort, do you think men should have some sort of rights in regards to paternity testing and fraud?

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Why not just add it to the bill automatically? The government makes you pay for licenses. What’s another $100 on a hospital bill. Insurance might end up covering most of it anyway…
Agreed. Would be close to a grand added on but yeah, bill the insurance. I don't know if the insurance would do that but again, no one wants to pay for anything, insurance included. So the only argument for this to me would be who's gonna pay for it.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Remember when that dude in Michigan almost got put on child support by a woman he never met.
They can just start the process of child support based off a woman giving any random name, then tell you to fight it like you're the actual father. But you got nikkas in here talkin about "incel behavior". There is zero legit arguments against mandatory paternity tests.

DETROIT (FOX 2) - A Metro Detroit man has levied some strong accusations against Friend of the Court after they claim he's the father of a child. The problem is, he's happily married and says he's never met the mother.

DeAngelo Smith said he got a phone call in late December from his wife who said they needed to talk. She had just checked the mail and found something that really stood out.

"Typically I don’t open up my husband’s mail, but this particular piece of mail said FRIEND OF THE COURT. So, I said I’m getting ready to open it up, to find out what’s going on," Tyahvia Smith said.

The letter said that a woman, who we are not naming, alleged that DeAngelo was the father of her daughter.

"Said she’s a stripper from Detroit, we had a one night stand at some hotel, and this is the story that was told to me," DeAngelo said.

But he said he has no idea who this woman is.

"They conducted two to three interviews and between those interviews, I don’t know which one, she came back and said his name is DeAngelo Smith, his date of birth is December 13, 1982, he's a 6’1 male, dark skin, black hair, brown eyes. At that point, the state went out and came up with my name," DeAngelo said.

After getting the letter, the married couple drove to Benton Harbor on Michigan's west side - a 3-hour drive - as they followed the court order for genetic testing.

deangelo-smith.jpg

"The situation so tumultuous on so many angles. But the first angle as it relates to the families. When you get a letter like this sent to your house, having a wife and three children live in the house with you. My main goal is my wife’s security in who I am, who I am to her, who I am to this house, and to this family," DeAngelo said.

"If our relationship, our marriage was on the rocks or if we had issues in the past that we patched up and this letter came, this letter alone is damaging to so many families, on so many levels to where a marriage, before the truth even gets a chance to come out, the letter alone would damage a whole household," Tyahvia said.

There was another turn on this wild ride - the alleged mother never showed up for the court hearing.

"I went back inside the building and asked if this woman never shows up, what is my recourse? What are my options? What am I able to do? What complaints can I file? False accusations? How do I go any further? They said there is no way we can establish paternity unless she brings the baby in. But if she never brings the baby in, what are my options? She said as far as I know, there are no complaints you can file," DeAngelo said.

That means DeAngelo could be connected to the case until the child turns 18.

"The concept is good. If you have a kid, why should the taxpayers pay for your kid?! If you’re the father. The problem is proving it. And a lot of time, the procedure is more difficult than the facts," FOX 2 legal analyst Charlie Langton said. "Luckily this doesn’t happen every day. However, if you have a common name or you’ve been out with some people, it could happen! It’s more common than we think."

With the case pending, Friend of the Court inquired about DeAngelo's employment for possible wage garnishment.

"The state has a duty to figure out his finances because if he doesn’t pass the test or if the test shows he is the father, they want to get this going right now. Remember the state has no time limit, 18 years," Langton said. "At some point, I think the mother is going to show up because she wants the money too! There are benefits she’s not getting until she cooperates and get that test. So mom, if you’re out there, show up."

DeAngelo said he's determined to clear his name.

"If this was even a possibility of it being my child, I would not be in front of a news camera trying to put this out here," he said.

FOX 2 reached out to Friend of the Court in Benton Harber several times but we have not heard back. We also reached out to the woman listed on the document who initially claimed not to have any knowledge of the situation - but she then called us back several times.

DeAngelo is seeking out a change in the legal process.

Veteran
Daps
Remember when that dude in Michigan almost got put on child support by a woman he never met.
They can just start the process of child support based off a woman giving any random name, then tell you to fight it like you're the actual father. But you got nikkas in here talkin about "incel behavior". There is zero legit arguments against mandatory paternity tests.

Coli posters says this happens >5%, so it's not a real issue.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are you assuming I'm insecure? I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anybody here, just asking questions and stating observations. Is the government not already involved via abortion and divorce?

It sounds like a lot of dudes see this as a human right's issue like abortion and want things to be fair. If women can abort, do you think men should have some sort of rights in regards to paternity testing and fraud?
Marriage is an institution in which people voluntary participate in. Once you choose to participate in marriage you have to also accept divorce laws which are part of it but you go in voluntarily knowing what you expose yourself to. Abortion, i don't think the government should get involved.

As a man you already have the right to do a paternity test. Your human rights are not being violated by the government not instoring mandatory paternity tests.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I think no one is forcing you to sign the paternity papers at birth. If you wre not sure the child is yours get a paternity test on your own. Why should the government save you from cuckoldry because you're too scared of offending your woman by asking for the test?

I guess that would be the argument :ld:

Generally, men are living like sitcom dads. Scared of their women, scared of being in the doghouse, when their woman is mad they sleep on the couch type shyt. So imagine asking for a paternity test. They want daddy government to get involved so they can avoid the blame.
We can't say peace is the most value thing a woman can bring them act crazy for men not wanting to blow that up or magnify the headaches she's already giving.
Do the test yourself. Get a cheek swab or lock of hair. Send it off to the lab.

Or, to avoid issues with infants being swapped, ask for both paternity/maternity testing before leaving the hospital. So it doesn't come off like you're questioning the fidelity of the mother.
Who are you asking? The nurses? Seems unlikely that the mother won't know.
Thread confusing to me. Most fathers aren't sharing their girl to the point that this is even an issue. :mjlol:
:usure:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Do the test yourself. Get a cheek swab or lock of hair. Send it off to the lab.

Or, to avoid issues with infants being swapped, ask for both paternity/maternity testing before leaving the hospital. So it doesn't come off like you're questioning the fidelity of the mother.
Stop being reasonable :mjlol:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

:mjlol:

Stop.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
If that happened to me I’d be guest starring on Forensic Files the next week

And if you tell a real judge you plan on staying in the child’s life he’ll use that against you for paternity

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
"It doesn't happen that much so it isn't an issue"

That doesn't sound dismissive? :patrice:

I think dudes are arguing for mandatory testing because it's a human rights issue. Would you agree?

No one is stopping you from getting a paternity test if you force a legal situation. It's not a human rights issue. I'm dismissive because this is not a normal occurrence that men should be concerned about. And IF you are concerned? By all means there are legal options at your disposal.

My problem is the obsession of this usually boils down to incels and other weird dudes who have no interaction with women, aren't fukking anyone, and aren't dads. It's just another reason for them to justify not getting p*ssy, not having kids, etc. How many "work wife" threads are there on the Coli this month, full of dudes obsessing over trivial shyt and turn it into some major issue that justifies why they don't date professional women or aren't dating period. Sense a pattern? This shyt is brain rot.