What's the argument against paternity tests at birth?

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem with this is the guys who 100% trust the women without a doubt. Then come 20 years later he finds out they aren't his.

So yes it should be mandatory.
I don't know breh. I just don't like the government getting involved in people's business. I'm both sides on this. I don't like common law marriages either. I think people should be able to live together freely without the government deciding their finances are suddenly intermingled after a certain time. It's a matter of principle. So at the same time, i think if as a man you choose to marry a hoe and you're too blind to see the truth, it's not the government's job to open your eyes and save you. It's between you and your woman.

Daps
It shouldn't be mandatory.

The way it SHOULD work is that if a woman does NOT want child support but the man agrees to help with $$$$ on the side.....no test.

If the woman says "I want Kody to support his child financially through court-ordered child support" then a DNA test should be done. Women usually know who the daddy but a test confirms everything. The man shouldn't have to ask and the birth cert signing shouldn't matter if he's on it.

We don't let John Doe pay Bob Smith's taxes in April. Why should John Doe pay for Bob Smith's baby?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Because it doesn't happen often. We're talking about <5%. It's not a normal thing to be casually concerned about. Obviously if you have reason to believe you may not be the father that's a different situation.

Thread confusing to me. Most fathers aren't sharing their girl to the point that this is even an issue. :mjlol:

"It only happens <5%, It's a non issue and rarely happens."

Is that a compelling argument in this? :patrice:

I think other posters are saying it's a human rights thing, like abortion, and that mandatory testing would keep balance between sexes

Veteran
Daps
I don't know breh. I just don't like the government getting involved in people's business. I'm both sides on this. I don't like common law marriages either. I think people should be able to live together freely without the government deciding their finances are suddenly intermingled after a certain time. It's a matter of principle. So at the same time, i think if as a man you choose to marry a hoe and you're too blind to see the truth, it's not the government's job to open your eyes and save you. It's between you and your woman.

Why don't you won't government involvement? Doesn't the government get involved when it comes to abortion?

In my previous post, I think posters see it as a humans rights thing, men have a right to know with 100% uncertainty.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
I personally have zero issue with it.

But females don't run with Don't Vote campaigns. When they get their blood up they turn out. And they'll look at this as overstepping bounds. In the current environment it'll get lumped in with abortion rights. It's not the same but it'll get lumped in. Political suicide. Don't see it hitting the books any time soon. :manny:

Edit:it isn't really about cost, either. If it's popular money will be found for it. Support = funding. If it isn't popular and/or doesn't pull enough support it ain't flying. Life isn't fair.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
"It only happens <5%, It's a non issue and rarely happens."

Is that a compelling argument in this? :patrice:

I think other posters are saying it's a human rights thing, like abortion, and that mandatory testing would keep balance between sexes
The argument is valid. It's insignificant and reeks of incel behavior.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
where you get under 5% from :patrice:

Turi King and Mark Jobling of the Department of Genetics at University of Leicester called the commonly cited 30% rate of non-paternity an "urban myth."[8] According to King and Jobling, the figure is really around 2%. They also stated that misattributed paternity is often impacted by cultural and socioeconomic factors and that it occurs more frequently among unmarried couples.

I've seen other studies that say <11%.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Yall can’t just go on Maury and sort it out?

We can’t see yall milly rocking in the delivery room

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
The paternity of the father is irrelevant to the child being taken care of at a hospital. The hospitals are focused on newborn care and don't get involved in other shyt, so the identity of the father is of medical irrelevance to them.

I guess we need to add this to the list of concerns lonely men who don't have social interactions with women are concerned about, alongside work wives and going to college.
That's not true. They will want to know who the father is in cases where the mother is not able to provide consent to issues dealing with the newborn since the father is assumed to be a legal guardian. Barring that, issues involving some diseases or conditions will have them wanting the father there as well. And hospitals do get involved in other shyt since that other shyt effects the health of the child, both immediate and down the line as well. That plays a VERY big part in that child's health, let alone that of the mother, which is also of concern as well. There is a reason why social hx and family hx is asked about and followed.

Veteran
Daps

Veteran
Daps

Turi King and Mark Jobling of the Department of Genetics at University of Leicester called the commonly cited 30% rate of non-paternity an "urban myth."[8] According to King and Jobling, the figure is really around 2%. They also stated that misattributed paternity is often impacted by cultural and socioeconomic factors and that it occurs more frequently among unmarried couples.

I've seen other studies that say <11%.

"It doesn't happen that much so it isn't an issue"

That doesn't sound dismissive? :patrice:

I think dudes are arguing for mandatory testing because it's a human rights issue. Would you agree?