What type of Introvert are you?

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Ehhhhhh I don't trust myself enough to answer personality test honestly. Like I know the result of the question they are going to ask, if that makes sense :patrice:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Yeah I can roll with bold all day. Only thing is I think most people are similar in these descriptions they have of personality types. Yeah some people want to go out or whatever more/less than usual but the vast majority of us have times where we want to be hype and times we want to be chill. I guess that's why labels in general don't really work for me.
Introversion isnt about like and dislike. Everyone likes company but either get bored or get tired of the same thing.

It's about what stimulates you. Introverts tend to have sensitive sensibilities, where they can go out but too much stimulation, too many people, too much going on at once, tires or annoys them. So they will eventually find a corner or privacy.

Extroverts like high stimulation, it excites them. When they are in environments with low stimulation, they get bored. These are the people who can't sit still or shut up for long. They get hyped off of communicating, sharing ideas and stories.

Introverts can communicate but they have lower limits. So small groups are fine, a quiet coffee shop, texting and internet convos where they have time to gather their thoughts.

Intro = inwards<<<<< they recieve more stimulation and get overwhelmed easily
Extro = outwards>>>>>> They share and spread their energy and ideas and seek out stimulation.

** I'm an introvert that likes to go out but I usually go out alone or talk to one or two people. When I hit the club, I go on the dancefloor alone. I can't be in a group because I have to worry or listen to too many people who want to do different things, and everyone talks over each other and cant come to a conclusion. So I do things by myself. I dont have the patience.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Introversion isnt about like and dislike. Everyone likes company but either get bored or get tired of the same thing.

It's about what stimulates you. Introverts tend to have sensitive sensibilities, where they can go out but too much stimulation, too many people, too much going on at once, tires or annoys them. So they will eventually find a corner or privacy.

Extroverts like high stimulation, it excites them. When they are in environments with low stimulation, they get bored. These are the people who can't sit still or shut up for long. They get hyped off of communicating, sharing ideas and stories.

Introverts can communicate but they have lower limits. So small groups are fine, a quiet coffee shop, texting and internet convos where they have time to gather their thoughts.

Extro = outwards>>>>>> They share and spread their energy and ideas and seek out stimulation.

** I'm an introvert that likes to go out but I usually go out alone or talk to one or two people. When I hit the club, I go on the dancefloor alone. I can't be in a group because I have to worry or listen to too many people who want to do different things, and everyone talks over each other and cant come to a conclusion. So I do things by myself. I dont have the patience.

Again, you're mostly right but this all varies based on your personality type. FE is the most social function period, not all extroverted functions always require people. Extroverted Intuiton is more about interacting with ideas than people for instance, FE literally relies on the emotional expression of others to function. If you have extroverted feeling in your top two functions then the standard introvert/extrovert rules don't apply to you ad much, same as if you TI (the most introverted function) or NE (The most introverted extroverted function). How your first two functions combine is way more important than what your first letter is.

Most of the women I have liked have been INFJs, and they usually end up being more sociable/patient with people than I am.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215

With first bold I think this is why we will always look at this issue differently. I look at bold as cats not being the center of attention or enough is not on them so they check out. I'm sure its not that simple just saying that's how I look at it. Tbh I've never met people like that when going out either. They might be tired but it ain't from other people its just from being tired. Now annoyed yeah if its too many people to move around that I've saw but too much stimulation, going on at once, nah.

I guess another reasons we look at it differently based on people I've ever interacted with of different backgrounds I've never saw introverts like you described. I saw people who depending on if they were comfortable or not acted just like anybody else would around their friends/family. Now when taken out of that element that's when I see the types of things you are speaking on. That's why I just look at in general as moreso people being comfortable or not and how they handle the uncomfortable.

You sound selfish like most people in your ** tbh. Its all about you and I'm not saying nothing wrong with it because we all are just some moreso than others. Maybe you introverts are super selfish and that's the problem lol. It don't work like that and since y'all know it don't y'all rather be around yallselves since you sign have to worry about doing anything for anybody else. Some is bullshyt of course but I do think they may have something to do with it maybe you disagree.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Again, you're mostly right but this all varies based on your personality type. FE is the most social function period, not all extroverted functions always require people. Extroverted Intuiton is more about interacting with ideas than people for instance, FE literally relies on the emotional expression of others to function. If you have extroverted feeling in your top two functions then the standard introvert/extrovert rules don't apply to you ad much, same as if you TI (the most introverted function) or NE (The most introverted extroverted function). How your first two functions combine is way more important than what your first letter is.

Most of the women I have liked have been INFJs, and they usually end up being more sociable/patient with people than I am.
Intro/Extroversion isnt confined to just MBTI definition. In MBTI, Introversion and Extroversion are used as adjectives to describe the focus of certain functions. But in general, an introverted personality focuses, or recharges by going inwards; an extroverted personality focuses, or recharges by going outwards. Kinda like the difference between a Narcissist and a person with diagnosed Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Intro/Extroversion isnt confined to just MBTI definition. In MBTI, Introversion and Extroversion are used as adjectives to describe the focus of certain functions. But in general, an introverted personality focuses, or recharges by going inwards; an extroverted personality focuses, or recharges by going outwards. Kinda like the difference between a Narcissist and a person with diagnosed Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

You're right in that regard, but the human personality is far too complicated for people to just be split in to 2 personality types. Hell, when I first read MBTI years ago I didn't think SIXTEEN types were enough, it was only after years of analyzing others that I began to believe it might be real. But just two? :patrice:

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Idk, I like to be alone, but I get bored easily and end up wanting to go out and be around people. When I'm out, I want to go back home and be alone.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
With first bold I think this is why we will always look at this issue differently. I look at bold as cats not being the center of attention or enough is not on them so they check out. I'm sure its not that simple just saying that's how I look at it. Tbh I've never met people like that when going out either. They might be tired but it ain't from other people its just from being tired. Now annoyed yeah if its too many people to move around that I've saw but too much stimulation, going on at once, nah.

I guess another reasons we look at it differently based on people I've ever interacted with of different backgrounds I've never saw introverts like you described. I saw people who depending on if they were comfortable or not acted just like anybody else would around their friends/family. Now when taken out of that element that's when I see the types of things you are speaking on. That's why I just look at in general as moreso people being comfortable or not and how they handle the uncomfortable.

You sound selfish like most people in your ** tbh. Its all about you and I'm not saying nothing wrong with it because we all are just some moreso than others. Maybe you introverts are super selfish and that's the problem lol. It don't work like that and since y'all know it don't y'all rather be around yallselves since you sign have to worry about doing anything for anybody else. Some is bullshyt of course but I do think they may have something to do with it maybe you disagree.
What doesnt work like what?

I agree it is about comfort. That's what I mean by saying some people get overwhelmed, annoyed or bored. It is not their most comfortable state. When we are comfortable or relaxed, that is how we "recharge". So, an extrovert might feel most comfortable with lots of activity around them, the tv on, a bunch of friends over, music etc. Whereas an introvert might feel most comfortable with just the music, a book/laptop and a pet.

As for the selfish part. I take no offense. Because we should all be a little selfish. The whole point was me saying what *I* as an introvert feel most comfortable with. I feel most comfortable dancing by myself, rather than in a circle of my friends where I have to shift my focus to what they are doing and going. Even though I may be in a hectic environment. I tune it out to where its just me and the music. Now if it's something where people are constantly bumping into me or spilling drinks on me, taking me out of my zone. I will then be annoyed.