What Sets Nintendo Apart From Sony and Microsoft?

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
At it's very roots, Nintendo is a TOY company, that mostly targets children and family.

Sony and Microsoft aren't toy companies. :yeshrug:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
switch is a home console with its own screen and battery. that’s an evolution in consoles period. that’s not desperation that’s something they all should have been doing a long time ago. ahead not behind. who is consuming media today in a living room more than in the 2…3 feet in front their face? and its doing bigger numbers than everybody else combined, what’s the gap on that
The switch is the Nomad breh.

Sega does what Nintendon't.

The switch was ALWAYS a handheld. Stop with this hybrid bullshyt. I said it in the OG switch thread before launch.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Video games are toys, let's not get it twisted.

:ufdup:

Dudes might not like to hear that, but at the end of the day videogame are toys, toys that are popular among adults now.

It's like yall are arguing high end Legos vs normal Legos, it's all still Legos, and a toy at the end of the day.

So the whole toy, or not real console angle is dumb

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Dudes might not like to hear that, but at the end of the day videogame are toys, toys that are popular among adults now.

It's like yall are arguing high end Legos vs normal Legos, it's all still Legos, and a toy at the end of the day.

Next y'all tell me vr consoles are VR because it's mobile
Toys for “Kids” is the operative word.

Yes adults play with toys. But toys made for adults are usualy much different than toys made for kids.

Using your lego analogy the Lego sets for adults are built VERY differently than the ones for kids.

The ones for adults are usually more quality materials, more challenging and more expensive.

In the case of nintendo they get to sell the cheap kids toy version of shyt, for the same price as the more quality adult version of shyt:stopitslime:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Next y'all tell me vr consoles are VR because it's mobile
No, no you got it completely wrong.

Toy:
noun. an object, often a small representation of something familiar, as an animal or person, for children or others to play with; plaything. a thing or matter of little or no value or importance; a trifle. something that serves for or as if for diversion, rather than for serious practical use.

Video Game
A video game is an electronic or computerized game that you play on your television or on a computer screen.

You can loosely say they're all apart of "entertainment" in a very reaching kind of way but then that sets the table to say that, idk playing poker or gambling is a form of "entertainment" in the same category as toys.

Last edited:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
The switch is the Nomad breh.

Sega does what Nintendon't.

The switch was ALWAYS a handheld. Stop with this hybrid bullshyt. I said it in the OG switch thread before launch.
we could go back and forth on that all day, but theres still the matter of content. yall talk about handheld like its herpes or something. theyve been selling them, successfully for over 30 years. where is nomad now?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Toys for “Kids” is the operative word.

Yes adults play with toys. But toys made for adults are usualy much different than toys made for kids.

Using your lego analogy the Lego sets for adults are built VERY differently than the ones for kids.

The ones for adults are usually more quality materials, more challenging and more expensive.

In the case of nintendo they get to sell the cheap kids toy version of shyt, for the same price as the more quality adult version of shyt:stopitslime:
Ehhh, software wise sure. Hardware wise it's mostly been cheaper to get Nintendo hardware than Xbox or playstation.

Overall I'm just saying videogames have always been toys.

So I wouldn't try to use that as something to discredit Nintendo. They are definitely the most family and kid friendly of the 3 though. But that's by clear intent.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
we could go back and forth on that all day, but theres still the matter of content. yall talk about handheld like its herpes or something. theyve been selling them, successfully for over 30 years. where is nomad now?

:mjlol: I've been one of the top supporters of handheld gaming, especially nintendo's...I got all their handhelds except the VB.

it's just more :mjlol: that you and others try to spin it as something else cause Nintendo told ya'll too. they pushed that hybrid bullshyt like it's new when it isn't and it's not a hybrid, just a handheld w/ a TV out.

like when they tried to spin BotW as "open AIR" (Why Miyamoto Didn’t Want to Call Zelda: Breath of the Wild An Open World Game - IGN) and not open world :stopitslime: thankfully that didn't take off.

least here isn't as bad as gamefaqs with the dikkriding on everything nintendo says

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Ehhh, software wise sure. Hardware wise it's mostly been cheaper to get Nintendo hardware than Xbox or playstation.

Overall I'm just saying videogames have always been toys.

So I wouldn't try to use that as something to discredit Nintendo. They are definitely the most family and kid friendly of the 3 though. But that's by clear intent.
Their hardware is built cheaply and ends up costing more in the long run. Those raggedy ass Joy cons are some of the woat shyt ever in gaming period. The way they close up their digital stores and/or don’t allow backwards compatibility for hardware and/or software, nothing ever goes on sale, etc, you end up spending a lot more $ to be a nintendo user and you get objectively inferior products compared to competitors.

Calling it a toy wasn’t to discredit them.

It was to explain their appeal and kinda why they are in their own lane and they can get away with selling a kids “toy” at premium prices.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
:mjlol: I've been one of the top supporters of handheld gaming, especially nintendo's...I got all their handhelds except the VB.

it's just more :mjlol: that you and others try to spin it as something else cause Nintendo told ya'll too. they pushed that hybrid bullshyt like it's new when it isn't and it's not a hybrid, just a handheld w/ a TV out.

like when they tried to spin BotW as "open AIR" (Why Miyamoto Didn’t Want to Call Zelda: Breath of the Wild An Open World Game - IGN) and not open world :stopitslime: thankfully that didn't take off.

least here isn't as bad as gamefaqs with the dikkriding on everything nintendo says
i said hybrid was their selling point, not mine. i call it a straight up console because thats how i use it. i told me to.

yall are funny. its just a handheld, its a toy for infant babies, they hate consumers, they hate 3rd parties...really doesnt help the case for everything being bested by nintendo today. even less for everything that copied them

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That shyt literally look like the same game as the last one. Sony and Microsoft would get killed pulling some shyt like that right now. Lol

that's my biggest issue to be honest.

they get a pass for shyt Microsoft and Sony could never get away with.

their shyt gets graded on a curve like a mufukka.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No, no you got it completely wrong.

Video Game

You can loosely say they're all apart of "entertainment" in a very reaching kind of way but then that sets the table to say that, idk playing poker or gambling is a form of "entertainment" in the same category as toys.
Next you are going to tell me action figures aren't toys.

You use to have to go to arcades to play videogames, arcades were for teenagers and Young adults.

For the longest the places to find and buy videogames where toy stores specifically, even now with game stores dying what are trying to do to survive... Adding toys back into the stores.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Their hardware is built cheaply and ends up costing more in the long run. Those raggedy ass Joy cons are some of the woat shyt ever in gaming period. The way they close up their digital stores and/or don’t allow backwards compatibility for hardware and/or software, nothing ever goes on sale, etc, you end up spending a lot more $ to be a nintendo user and you get objectively inferior products compared to competitors.

Calling it a toy wasn’t to discredit them.

It was to explain their appeal and kinda why they are in their own lane and they can get away with selling a kids “toy” at premium prices.
Joy cons are trash lol. I can't lie, but that's pretty un characteristic of them. Most Nintendo products hold up through thick and thin. I got a gamecube that was in a flood and in storage that worked last I turned it on years ago.

Typically if any system is gonna work years later or with some bumps and bruises it's Nintendo's stuff.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Joy cons are trash lol. I can't lie, but that's pretty un characteristic of them. Most Nintendo products hold up through thick and thin. I got a gamecube that was in a flood and in storage that worked last I turned it on years ago.

Typically if any system is gonna work years later or with some bumps and bruises it's Nintendo's stuff.
N64's joystick used to break like crazy. But u right their shyt outside of Switch usually works. The Switch has MAD issues tho and Nintendo gives ZERO fukks.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
As gay as this is going to sound, they just have more life in their games. It’s not something you can put a quantity on but play something like pikmin or a Mario game and it seems like the developers care about the work they do. Not to say Microsoft and others don’t but their games are soulless in comparison. I haven’t got a switch but the last time I really cared for gaming was when I was active on my Wii U.
You know what. You're right. This is a gay ass take. Don't ask how.