What is the point of buying an Xbox...

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I didn't ask a question, I said I found it funny. My word salad was just me giving my piece on why some people go with consoles in this case PS5 still even though some of their games are on PC.
People buy consoles because of convenience. Most gamers are casual gamers.

Depends on the game. Ragnarok sold 5 million within a week and 11 million in three months. That's still a significant chunk of sales well before the 1 year~3 year potential release on PC. I'd wager most big games sell quickly during the launch window which encompasses a couple of months.
So the majority of gamers didn’t buy it on release. Most probably got it with the console bundle.

:ehh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People buy consoles because of convenience. Most gamers are casual gamers.
I didn't dispute this. That's literally what I said lol.
So the majority of gamers didn’t buy it on release. Most probably got it with the console bundle.

:ehh:
It would literally be impossible for the majority of a game to be sold on "release" date which was not what I said. I said launch window.

Also console bundle price factors in the game bundled. God of War wasn't sold for $499 bundled in, it sold for $559 MSRP. Why do y'all try to do this weird thing and act like people didn't buy PS5's for GOW? I know people who literally bought a PS5 just for that game and they owned PS4s already.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
$500 for an ecosystem and no games?

:francis:
If every year you buy MLB the Show. That’s $70 just for that game. It’s on Game Pass where for about $165 you can get a 3 year sub with Gold conversion. In 3 years just the annual purchase of that game you’re ahead $45 from what you would have spent elsewhere. If in that 3 years you get games like Starfield or whatever else Game Pass offers you that’s an added bonus.

What about say Call of Duty or other titles that will end up on that service?

There is a value in buying an Xbox. You have to bury your head in the sand or be a console warrior to say otherwise.

Daps
Reppin
My Set
Not everybody can afford to spend $1000+ on a gaming PC. Plus, xbox is plug and play and many prefer to game on a couch over a desk. A lot of people just want to play sports and shooters, so you're better off with an Xbox instead of a gaming PC.

You can literally plug your pc into a tv. Its called HDMI

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
If every year you buy MLB the Show. That’s $70 just for that game. It’s on Game Pass where for about $165 you can get a 3 year sub with Gold conversion. In 3 years just the annual purchase of that game you’re ahead $45 from what you would have spent elsewhere. If in that 3 years you get games like Starfield or whatever else Game Pass offers you that’s an added bonus.

What about say Call of Duty or other titles that will end up on that service?

There is a value in buying an Xbox. You have to bury your head in the sand or be a console warrior to say otherwise.
Dumpster divers find value and savings digging through the garbage. And...while I get it...I don't get with it. I don't deal with garbage, I throw it away.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I have been mainly pc since around 2010 but i still buy sony systems for the exclusives. Some games i will still just wait it out until it drops on pc(returnal/Horizon) but some games i want to play right away and will just double dip when it eventually hits pc(gow/spiderman/ratchet and clank)

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
It would literally be impossible for the majority of a game to be sold on "release" date which was not what I said. I said launch window.

Also console bundle price factors in the game bundled. God of War wasn't sold for $499 bundled in, it sold for $559 MSRP. Why do y'all try to do this weird thing and act like people didn't buy PS5's for GOW? I know people who literally bought a PS5 just for that game and they owned PS4s already.
Are you seriously sitting here acting like almost every drop during the holiday season until recently wasn’t bundled with GOW?

Come on man. You ain’t gotta lie just to lie.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I like the incremental price additions everytime someone posts "You have to spend $XXXX to game on PC". First it was $1000, then $1500. Next someone will say $3000 :mjlol:

Imo though, the Xbox eco system can be experienced directly on PC outside of Steam. The Xbox app isn't fully there yet for a full console like experience but I can still get Gamepass, achievements, friends list etc directly through the app on PC while using the Xbox controller. The only downside is the PC type experience still is there(games randomly not working, OS issues etc.)

If you're familiar with PC gaming and are okay with it and want the most reach for gaming, a PC and PS5 is clutch because even still to this day there are games that aren't coming to PC day 1 and some games that still aren't on PC. A Switch is hit or miss because you can emulate most of the games there fine but some still have problems e.g. Bayonetta 3 audio desyncing.

Most of the games people are saying "You can buy on PC now :childplease: " were not day and date and took years. Idk about you but if I"m hype for a game, I'm not gonna potentially wait 1~4 years for a game I want to release on PC.

God of War 2018 came out in Jan 2022 on Steam while it was out since April 2018 on PS4. No reasonable fan will wait 4 years to play a game they're hype about.

Horizon Zero Dawn Feb 2017> August 2020(Steam)

Uncharted 4/TLL 2016/17> Oct.2022 steam
TLOU Remake came out the quickest but it still took 6 months and released with lots of issues.

Bloodborne been out since 2015 and still hasn't been released anywhere else.
GT games still not out on PC.

Ghosts of Tsushima still not out on PC yet.
Infamous Second Son
Gravity Rush 1/2
LittleBigPlanet
and a bunch of other titles that still hasn't released on PC yet.

Eventually more will come out of course but as of now PS5 is still the place to get those games day 1. I'm not waiting 6 months to a year to finally play FFXVI/FFVIIR 2 on PC.
PC nerds feel free to correct me...
My HP Omen with 3080 pre built was about $2,300 if I recall correctly after I added a little more RAM to get it to 48 gigs.
Now I haven't done a deep dive to fine tune this and that on the PC (which is something PC nerds immediately say you have to do before passing any judgement but that stance itself works against the PC>Console argument IMO) but in my experience, my particular build is on par visually and performance wise with games like Fortnite and Warzone on PS5 and Xbox Series X (where I've been able to see a more direct comparison of what the power of each machine is going for my gaming experience). Now I do get to enjoy a bunch of PC only games but again, in the context of "Why would I buy an XBOX when I can buy a PC?"...the answer is pretty simple to me....Why spend $1,500 + when you can get the same, and sometimes even better experience on a $500 xbox? It just seems like a disingenuous knock for the sake of knocking xbox. We all now why an Xbox makes sense. I was just making fun of one of my best friends because he custom built a PC with a near $3,000 budget and EVERY SINGLE TIME we play Warzone together he has some type of technical issue.
(Sure the game might be optimized poorly....sure maybe he needs to dial this and that in.. it still doesn't change the benefit of a console and people are not inherently stupid for not wanting to play the role of a geek squad technician level 2 just to play a video game).
PC nerds don't tase me. I know PC gaming is dope over all. I'm just responding to the "who needs an xbox? just get a pc" argument.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Are you seriously sitting here acting like almost every drop during the holiday season until recently wasn’t bundled with GOW?

Come on man. You ain’t gotta lie just to lie.
Who fukking cares. You pay the extra gaming price for the bundle anyways and PS5 sales went up dramatically when Ragnorak drop. So it played a part in it as well. All this "bundled games don't count" shyt is nonsense to begin with.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
PC nerds feel free to correct me...
My HP Omen with 3080 pre built was about $2,300 if I recall correctly after I added a little more RAM to get it to 48 gigs.
Now I haven't done a deep dive to fine tune this and that on the PC (which is something PC nerds immediately say you have to do before passing any judgement but that stance itself works against the PC>Console argument IMO) but in my experience, my particular build is on par visually and performance wise with games like Fortnite and Warzone on PS5 and Xbox Series X (where I've been able to see a more direct comparison of what the power of each machine is going for my gaming experience). Now I do get to enjoy a bunch of PC only games but again, in the context of "Why would I buy an XBOX when I can buy a PC?"...the answer is pretty simple to me....Why spend $1,500 + when you can get the same, and sometimes even better experience on a $500 xbox? It just seems like a disingenuous knock for the sake of knocking xbox. We all now why an Xbox makes sense. I was just making fun of one of my best friends because he custom built a PC with a near $3,000 budget and EVERY SINGLE TIME we play Warzone together he has some type of technical issue.
(Sure the game might be optimized poorly....sure maybe he needs to dial this and that in.. it still doesn't change the benefit of a console and people are not inherently stupid for not wanting to play the role of a geek squad technician level 2 just to play a video game).
PC nerds don't tase me. I know PC gaming is dope over all. I'm just responding to the "who needs an xbox? just get a pc" argument.

While this part here is stemmed in sound logic, you forget that any reason to knock an xbox is actually ingenuous. And you know know this...man.