What is the point of buying an Xbox...

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
As I own a shytbox myself the draw was PC integration with the companion app and Forza Motorsport and Halo which were exclusive at the time.

I have relatives with Xbox memberships carried over from the 360 era, so I got one to play with and keep in touch which furthered me getting one.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Xbox has consistently offered a better qol experience than playstation.

And honestly it really just boils down to being Sony's MO.

I own at least 16k worth of Sony camera equipment and I see the same type of behavior there as well.

A74 gets a 2.0 firmware update that only adds access to the new phone app, while competitors are adding actual feature with updates. The flagship A1, nothing and is less featured than the A7rv from a software standpoint.

There's no reason to play a multiplat on anything else if you own both.

A good PC COST 3x as much as a series x

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
A gaming PC is an investment. You can work, game, and do a little streaming if you want. It's very versatile.

Many gaming PCs are rarely updated - they can last for years until the user decides to change the processor and graphics card.

They aren't hard to build either and there are step-by-step guides on YouTube. The benefits of building a gaming PC is better than wasting $500 on an Xbox that barely has games imo.

No disrespect to those that have an Xbox but I think y'all wasted your money for an ecosystem that you can get with a PC (steam, discord, etc...). Not to mention you can play games on higher graphics settings and high frame rates.

PC + PS5 is the best of both worlds imo.

:manny:
I understand PC gaming is an investment, but not many are willing to throw over $1000 on a gaming PC. Some just want to game on a couch and not worry about updates and if games are running into issues. Some are okay with spending $500 on a xbox and subbing to gamepass instead of spending a lot of money on a gaming rig and it's accessories & appliances.

I do agree for people that are heavily into gaming than investing into a gaming PC makes more sense than getting a series x, but most consumers aren't going to invest in a gaming PC in this economy

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
PC + PS5 is the only combination that makes sense.
I mean maybe to you but that’s just your point of view. Everyone isn’t you. Everyone doesn’t wanna be bothered with a gaming PC. Some people just want a box they plug up to your TV and it’s plug and play.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The argument of "Why but an Xbox when I can play the same exclusives on PC" never fully made sense to me.
Pay $500 for the plug and play simplicity of a console or $1,500 + to play those game on PC.
Now if you're going to actively play games exclusive to PC and more specifically if you already own a powerful gaming PC then I can see the point in not buying an xbox. For a person starting out and doesn't have either, an Xbox makes perfect sense.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I gamed on PC for 10 years. I got a XSX because games aren’t as big of a part of my life anymore so I don’t feel like spending the money on and the time on upkeep. I’m content with playing mostly gamepass games. If you don’t understand that I’m guessing you’re a young single dude who’s number 1 hobby is gaming

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I like the incremental price additions everytime someone posts "You have to spend $XXXX to game on PC". First it was $1000, then $1500. Next someone will say $3000 :mjlol:

Imo though, the Xbox eco system can be experienced directly on PC outside of Steam. The Xbox app isn't fully there yet for a full console like experience but I can still get Gamepass, achievements, friends list etc directly through the app on PC while using the Xbox controller. The only downside is the PC type experience still is there(games randomly not working, OS issues etc.)

If you're familiar with PC gaming and are okay with it and want the most reach for gaming, a PC and PS5 is clutch because even still to this day there are games that aren't coming to PC day 1 and some games that still aren't on PC. A Switch is hit or miss because you can emulate most of the games there fine but some still have problems e.g. Bayonetta 3 audio desyncing.

Most of the games people are saying "You can buy on PC now :childplease: " were not day and date and took years. Idk about you but if I"m hype for a game, I'm not gonna potentially wait 1~4 years for a game I want to release on PC.

God of War 2018 came out in Jan 2022 on Steam while it was out since April 2018 on PS4. No reasonable fan will wait 4 years to play a game they're hype about.

Horizon Zero Dawn Feb 2017> August 2020(Steam)

Uncharted 4/TLL 2016/17> Oct.2022 steam
TLOU Remake came out the quickest but it still took 6 months and released with lots of issues.

Bloodborne been out since 2015 and still hasn't been released anywhere else.
GT games still not out on PC.

Ghosts of Tsushima still not out on PC yet.
Infamous Second Son
Gravity Rush 1/2
LittleBigPlanet
and a bunch of other titles that still hasn't released on PC yet.

Eventually more will come out of course but as of now PS5 is still the place to get those games day 1. I'm not waiting 6 months to a year to finally play FFXVI/FFVIIR 2 on PC.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I like the incremental price additions everytime someone posts "You have to spend $XXXX to game on PC". First it was $1000, then $1500. Next someone will say $3000 :mjlol:
A 3060 pc equivalent build cost more for similar performance.

That Basically answers the question in OP as well as your word salad asking why people are talking about 1500 to 3k builds.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Eventually more will come out of course but as of now PS5 is still the place to get those games day 1. I'm not waiting 6 months to a year to finally play FFXVI/FFVIIR 2 on PC.
Most people don't buy games on launch and for these single player games their is really no incentive to beat it first for most gamers either.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A 3060 pc equivalent build cost more for similar performance.

That Basically answers the question in OP as well as your word salad asking why people are talking about 1500 to 3k builds.
I didn't ask a question, I said I found it funny. My word salad was just me giving my piece on why some people go with consoles in this case PS5 still even though some of their games are on PC.
Most people don't buy games on launch and for these single player games their is really no incentive to beat it first for most gamers either.
Depends on the game. Ragnarok sold 5 million within a week and 11 million in three months. That's still a significant chunk of sales well before the 1 year~3 year potential release on PC. I'd wager most big games sell quickly during the launch window which encompasses a couple of months.

Last edited:

morris

Superstar
Daps
Xbox still carrying that RROD?

What's disgraceful company. That red light ring was all but guaranteed and they did nothing to fix the issue. I'm going back a decade but never ever even entertained buying that shyt again.