What is the point of buying an Xbox...

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Way easier and cheaper to buy an Xbox, plug and play than get started with a gaming PC. Plus the ecosystem and friends already on Xbox is a plus.

That being said, I do want a PC and will wait till I can afford one rather than buy a PS5.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
part of me feels like they should have just made and focused on the series s and changed the narrative. The problem with Microsoft is they came out in 2019 chest thumping talking about 12 tflops and boasting about all this power but then they lead production with the weakest hardware and all their software so far has not emphasized any sort of power difference between the two.

Everytime a new xbox game is about to drop their stans claim “we don’t play graphics and movies” yet, thats exactly how microsoft started out marketing the platform, as the most powerful console.

Obviously people aren’t going to want the Series S after that

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
when you could easily get a PC and play all of the exclusives Xbox has to offer?

A PS5 is a better investment seeing as Playstation has not just more exclusive titles, but quality exclusive titles than Xbox.

I am not on the console war tip though, I just don't understand why someone would pay for an Xbox.

:manny:
Because you don't want to purchase and maintain a gaming PC.

Because you want Game Pass and the Xbox gets some games the PC version might not get. The PlayStation doesn't offer that at all.

Because you mostly play multi-player multiplatform games and don't care about Sony's exclusives which right now lean toward single player games.

Because you like the controller better.

Because you're already invested in the ecosystem have games from previous consoles have a friend list you play with.

Because you prefer their exclusives which tend to be more multi-player focused right now.

Last edited:

Tair

Superstar
Daps
Not everybody can afford to spend $1000+ on a gaming PC. Plus, xbox is plug and play and many prefer to game on a couch over a desk. A lot of people just want to play sports and shooters, so you're better off with an Xbox instead of a gaming PC.

A gaming PC is an investment. You can work, game, and do a little streaming if you want. It's very versatile.

Because you don't want to purchase and maintain a gaming PC.

Because you want Game Pass and the Xbox gets some games the PC version might not get. The PlayStation doesn't offer that at all.

Because you mostly play multi-player multiplatform games and don't care about Sony's exclusives which right now lean toward single player games.

Because you like the controller better.

Because you're already invested in the ecosystem have games from previous consoles have a friend list you play with.

Because you prefer their exclusives which tend to be more multi-player focused right now.

Many gaming PCs are rarely updated - they can last for years until the user decides to change the processor and graphics card.

They aren't hard to build either and there are step-by-step guides on YouTube. The benefits of building a gaming PC is better than wasting $500 on an Xbox that barely has games imo.

No disrespect to those that have an Xbox but I think y'all wasted your money for an ecosystem that you can get with a PC (steam, discord, etc...). Not to mention you can play games on higher graphics settings and high frame rates.

PC + PS5 is the best of both worlds imo.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A gaming PC is an investment. You can work, game, and do a little streaming if you want. It's very versatile.

Many gaming PCs are rarely updated - they can last for years until the user decides to change the processor and graphics card.

They aren't hard to build either and there are step-by-step guides on YouTube. The benefits of building a gaming PC is better than wasting $500 on an Xbox that barely has games imo.

No disrespect to those that have an Xbox but I think y'all wasted your money for an ecosystem that you can get with a PC (steam, discord, etc...). Not to mention you can play games on higher graphics settings and high frame rates.

What are you spending 500 on a PS5 for that you can't play on PC right now?
:jbhmm:

Sounds like both are a waste of waste of money is you have a PS5 for PS5 exclusive games.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I paid for my Xbox and PS5 for that matter with other people’s money. Sold 2 PS5s and 3 Xbox Series X at launch.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
What are you spending 500 on a PS5 for that you can't play on PC right now?
:jbhmm:

Sounds like both are a waste of waste of money is you have a PS5 for PS5 exclusive games.

Ghost of Tsushima
Horizon Forbidden West
God of War: Ragnarok
The Last of Us 2

Coming out:

Final Fantasy 16
Final Fantasy 7 Remake part 2
Spiderman 2