What is the point of buying an Xbox...

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I like the incremental price additions everytime someone posts "You have to spend $XXXX to game on PC". First it was $1000, then $1500. Next someone will say $3000 :mjlol:
there was a time when you could build a console-equivalent PC for <$1000 (I'm sure you remember), but with all this recent craziness, it's not happening. shout out to @Liquid :lolbron:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are you seriously sitting here acting like almost every drop during the holiday season until recently wasn’t bundled with GOW?

Come on man. You ain’t gotta lie just to lie.
Are you selectively reading parts of my posts? I said that the game is bundled with PS5's but the price of the bundle is $559, not $500 which is what you're implying that people are getting GoW for basically free. GOW "bundles" are moving because people want the PS5 AND GOW. The only times where a "bundled" game's sales is inflated is things like Wii Sports.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Are you selectively reading parts of my posts? I said that the game is bundled with PS5's but the price of the bundle is $559, not $500 which is what you're implying that people are getting GoW for basically free. GOW "bundles" are moving because people want the PS5 AND GOW. The only times where a "bundled" game's sales is inflated is things like Wii Sports.

Dem Spidey 2 bundles :damn:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
PC nerds feel free to correct me...
My HP Omen with 3080 pre built was about $2,300 if I recall correctly after I added a little more RAM to get it to 48 gigs.
Now I haven't done a deep dive to fine tune this and that on the PC (which is something PC nerds immediately say you have to do before passing any judgement but that stance itself works against the PC>Console argument IMO) but in my experience, my particular build is on par visually and performance wise with games like Fortnite and Warzone on PS5 and Xbox Series X (where I've been able to see a more direct comparison of what the power of each machine is going for my gaming experience). Now I do get to enjoy a bunch of PC only games but again, in the context of "Why would I buy an XBOX when I can buy a PC?"...the answer is pretty simple to me....Why spend $1,500 + when you can get the same, and sometimes even better experience on a $500 xbox? It just seems like a disingenuous knock for the sake of knocking xbox. We all now why an Xbox makes sense. I was just making fun of one of my best friends because he custom built a PC with a near $3,000 budget and EVERY SINGLE TIME we play Warzone together he has some type of technical issue.
(Sure the game might be optimized poorly....sure maybe he needs to dial this and that in.. it still doesn't change the benefit of a console and people are not inherently stupid for not wanting to play the role of a geek squad technician level 2 just to play a video game).
PC nerds don't tase me. I know PC gaming is dope over all. I'm just responding to the "who needs an xbox? just get a pc" argument.
I can't really say for sure but most games tend to look way better on PC depending on what you have. A 3080 should be running circles around the same game on Series X and PS5. For example Cyberpunk 2077 looked incredible and played well on PC while on console it took months for it to even get a patch for next gen.

Current example, Redfall 30fps on Series X yet on PC you can play it 60+fps day one.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I can't really say for sure but most games tend to look way better on PC depending on what you have. A 3080 should be running circles around the same game on Series X and PS5. For example Cyberpunk 2077 looked incredible and played well on PC while on console it took months for it to even get a patch for next gen.

Current example, Redfall 30fps on Series X yet on PC you can play it 60+fps day one.

Consensus is that Redfall looks like shyt regardless of how/where you'll play it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Also looks like by mid gen xbox will probably stop printing physical disc if this trend continues

The last physical game they put out was halo

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Who fukking cares. You pay the extra gaming price for the bundle anyways and PS5 sales went up dramatically when Ragnorak drop. So it played a part in it as well. All this "bundled games don't count" shyt is nonsense to begin with.
You clearly didn’t read, just came in here riding this cac dikk :ehh:

All of this is y’all spinning up irrelevant arguments to avoid the simple fact that people buy consoles because they’re cheaper, accessible, and provide a more casual experience.

You can also add in the value of buying whatever ecosystem you use to game with friends and working within your existing catalog.

If the argument is why buy and Xbox because I can play better versions of the game on Pc is the case being made then we can make that same case for ps5.

But for some reason y’all want to act like PC gamers are gonna die if they wait 6 months for a port :comeon:

Last edited:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Purpose of buying an xbox is because you can't find a ps5 and you just want a cheap machine to play a lot of games via gamepass. I also find the xbox game sales better than playstation's and it seems like Sony has a lot more $70 games.

Why get an xbox versus pc? A 'gaming pc' at $500 will be trash. If you just want to play games without having to deal with all the hassles of pcs, then the xbox could be an option... especially if you want to play online and if most of your friends don't have a gaming pc.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

That's what I thought as well.
My experience (admittedly limited) with comparing games available cross platform is that they look and perform about the same.
Sure I can get 200+ frames on PC if I tweak the settings and lower things here and there, but at that point that game looks significantly better on console and I find 120 fps is more than enough. (60fps is perfectly fine IMO). Maybe I'm just comparing the wrong games. In any case, console continues to be the best straight "out the box" experience for me.
PC does have some serious heavy hitters that aren't available on console. I just don't see a situation where I would recommend a gaming PC to someone considering XBOX vs PS5 vs PC if they are just looking specifically at the gaming value vs money only.