What is the point of buying an Xbox...

Daps
I just got one to play multiplats that wifey wouldn't want to play like Elden Ring.

Got a PS5 for the living room and bedroom. Series X for my office

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
On average I know more black people with Xbox's than white and it's always been like that

xbox-oreo-console_png_92-Custom.jpg

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ghost of Tsushima
Horizon Forbidden West
God of War: Ragnarok
The Last of Us 2

Coming out:

Final Fantasy 16
Final Fantasy 7 Remake part 2
Spiderman 2
Again some people are just into online multiplayer gaming. None of those games would matter to them.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ghost of Tsushima
Horizon Forbidden West
God of War: Ragnarok
The Last of Us 2

Coming out:

Final Fantasy 16
Final Fantasy 7 Remake part 2
Spiderman 2
All on PS4

So 500 for 3 games that are coming out.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
It's not an either or option. Maybe I don't want two gaming PCs.

Maybe I want a PC for the mancave and a Series S for the living room.

I game everywhere and xbox allows me to.

You jive ponies about to drop 500 on a handheld you can only play off your PS5. Suckas.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
when you could easily get a PC and play all of the exclusives Xbox has to offer?

A PS5 is a better investment seeing as Playstation has not just more exclusive titles, but quality exclusive titles than Xbox.

I am not on the console war tip though, I just don't understand why someone would pay for an Xbox.

:manny:
I don’t do the console war shyt either (I get a laugh out of watching it though lol).

I know dudes who can easily own both (and build a powerful PC). But they don’t care to. They simply play wherever their homies play. Some just want to boot their games up without any issues. They’re only used to console gaming. They don’t do the PC shyt, and never will. And hate it or love it. Gamepass is a great deal (or at the very least makes you feel like you’re getting a great deal). It’s definitely not touching Playstation when it comes to quality. PlayStation definitely has the better exclusives. But Xbox/GamePass is great to have if you have little kids (not sure about teens, I think they would prefer PlayStation), and like Netflix and other subscription services nikkas don’t mind keeping it every month even if they’re not using it.

Quick story, my bro wanted to get an Series X because every gen we usually get both Xbox and PlayStation (not day 1 but still). He also wanted to get it because he plays MLB the show every year. And when you keep hearing you can get the game for just $1 (no longer the case). It makes people want to jump on that deal. I told him I wouldn’t get a Series X for just one game. Just pay the $70 every year (even though I don’t really agree with that either, it’s damn near the same game every year and not worth it).

Me personally, I think If you can afford everything. There’s still no point in getting things you aren’t going to use really. It’s like making an impulse buy just because you can. I wouldn’t get an Xbox ever again unless they step their game up and release multiple games I like that I can’t get anywhere else. I will say this though. I prefer PC, but as of right now I would get a Xbox over upgrading my PC. PC gamers are willingly getting fukked over right now, The price you have to pay for a GPU alone is absurd. Especially when you’re getting bullshyt ports, you’re always technically held back by consoles (which gets top priority), and prices some years ago wasn’t as bad.

Sidebar, I got my Ps5 delivered to me a few days after it released. And I love it. But, i’d be lying if I said I play it all the time. Not many games interest me like that these days. PS+ Extra is cool. And I’d argue is better than GamePass. It’s library right now has way bigger titles in it. I’m a say in my opinion, but I really feel like it’s a fact. So the question why would anyone get an Xbox is definitely a valid question.

Another sidebar, my family has Netflix and they spend more time looking at trailers, browsing/searching for what to watch than actually watching an actual movie or show. I’m guessing there’s many GamePass users that does something similar, or maybe boot up a game, try it, then end up uninstalling it (I do that sometimes with ps+). Because they’ve got the quantity. But again they don’t really got the quality games that most die hard gamers want. Maybe casual gamers but other than that, nah.

GamePass’ future looks bright though. When these studios start producing their should be no reason for them having a problem with quality games. If MS botches multiple Bethesda (and Activision) releases then their something wrong with them. Bethesda alone has too many solid IP’s (even if I don’t necessarily play some of them) to be putting out mid games.

Sorry for the long post.

Last edited: