What is the absolutely BEST Documentary that you have ever seen?

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Great post!

Blackfish is another great documentary, I think the big homie @Malta made a thread about him, but it's about Tilikum, who is a killer whale at sea world who killed many people, even goes into depth on how Sea World is a shytty corporation that is all about greed

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Some I can think of off the top of my head.

The Power of Nightmares
The Century of the Self
Jiro
Waltz with Bashir (not sure if you can call this a documentary)
Senna
The Two Escobars
Park Avenue
Shut Up and Play The Hits
Helvetica
Gasland
Mann v. Ford

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
i cant say one is better than the other...

hoop dreams - a bit dated, we now have a better grasp of the toll sport aspirations can take on urban youth
senna - for a guy that is not into auto racing, this was still very gripping because of the man himself and his rival
king of kong - so off you might think it's fake but apparently it's true
the smartest guys in the room - just a great breakdown of an issue i didnt understand
unforgivable blackness: the rise and fall of jack johnson - im a boxing fan, so i may be biased but i think it is one of ken burns' best
style wars - rarely is a cultural movement captured in such a knowledgeable way early in its life like this
the ice man interviews - you just dont see a sick fukk explain what it's like to be a sick fukk in such great detail like this very often
the century of the self - a pretty good breakdown of the seeds that helped produce modern and postmodern society in the west through the lens of advertising principles inspired by freud

im sure ive seen some crazy stuff that i just cant remember since i tend to watch documentaries alone, in the dark, lying in bed. this causes me to be half sleep much of the time, LOL

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I've seen a lot that you guys have mentioned.

Yall ever see Tent City USA? Its about a community of homeless people in Nashville who literally have their own little shanty town city.

Craigslist Joe- a dude goes cross country with no money, gets around by using ads on craigslist(ride share etc)

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
i forgot to add 'murder on a sunday morning'. really shows how bad eyewitness testimony can be. also about just how terrible florida's police can be

Superstar
Daps
So I just watched Murderball.

It's a documentary (somewhat dated) on wheelchair rugby. Definitely worth a watch.

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
jiro was so good brehs

i havent seen it but watch Burma VJ (i'm bout to take a plunge) its on netflix

its about journalism in a politically restricted burma, supposed to be dope and thrilling. found it randomly googling burma/myanmar (cuz who the fukk knows anything about that country really, and i google mad random countries)

7.8 on imdb i think

old soul

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh yeah: Waltz with Bashir and Go Tigers! are both pretty great as well

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
The lack of Louis Theroux movies in this thread is :huhldup:

• Dap