What is the absolutely BEST Documentary that you have ever seen?

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
American Movie.. Movie follows an aspiring filmmaker as he tries to get funding and complete his short horror movie called "Coven" movie has a bunch of unique characters in it.

Collapse.. A documentary on Michael Ruppert, a police officer turned independent reporter who predicted the current financial crisis in his self-published newsletter, From the Wilderness.

The Thin Blue Line.. It's about a murder case in Texas where the cops charged the wrong person. The movie actually ended up helping get the guy out of prison.

American Drug War: The Last White Hope.. It's a critique of harsh drug laws.

b*stards of the Party... explores the history of gangs in Southern California.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Good Ones I've Seen:
DiG! (if you like rock docs)

King of Kong (if you like video games)

Cocaine Cowboys (if you like drug docs, or the vibe of 80s Miami)

Baraka (it's part documentary, part avant-garde film)

The Smartest Guys in the Room (I can't believe no one has mentioned it in this thread yet! It's about Enron)

Grizzly Man (Dude camps out in bear preserve and tries to be at one with the bears until he gets eaten.)

The Decline of Western Civilization (about the punk scene in LA in the 70s when it was still credible street music, if you're into that sort of thing. There are sequels about hair metal and 90s punk, but i think they kinda suck)

The Band That Would Be King (about a band called Half Japanese from Michigan)

Catfish (Great doc if you don't know what it is coming in, but It doesn't really have any re-watch value).

Jesus Camp (about a hardcore evangelical kids camp, CRAZY shyt)

Heavy Metal Baghdad (about a metal band in Iraq during the height of the US occupation)

Great responses man :obama:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
American Movie.. Movie follows an aspiring filmmaker as he tries to get funding and complete his short horror movie called "Coven" movie has a bunch of unique characters in it.

Collapse.. A documentary on Michael Ruppert, a police officer turned independent reporter who predicted the current financial crisis in his self-published newsletter, From the Wilderness.

The Thin Blue Line.. It's about a murder case in Texas where the cops charged the wrong person. The movie actually ended up helping get the guy out of prison.

American Drug War: The Last White Hope.. It's a critique of harsh drug laws.

b*stards of the Party... explores the history of gangs in Southern California.

Postive rep because I forgot how great b*stards at the Party was...easily in my top 10

Superstar
Daps
Forgot one:

The Devil and Daniel Johnston -- a story about a mentally ill dude who somehow becomes an underground music star until his hallucinations and shyt catch up to him. Powerful stuff.

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
Man I love documentaries. The Ken burns stuff is always good. Gasland, that one about the musician who was homeless in the states but a superstar in England. That history chan doc called Men Who Built America was good too.

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
Death by China.

Detropia.

Gasland 1& 2.

Hot Coffee

Waiting for Superman.

The lottery.

Food Inc.

King of Corn.

King of kong.

Blue Gold : World water wars.

Blackfish.

All I can think of atm.

Last edited:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Ali-Frazier: One Nation Divided
Unforgivable Blackness: The Jack Johnson Story
Joe Louis: America's Hero.....Betrayed
The Two Escobars
The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975
Bangin' in Little Rock
b*stards of the Party
Why We Laugh: Black Comedians on Black Comedy
The Rise and Fall of ECW
Hitman Hart: Wrestling with Shadows
Beyond the Mat
Damn near ANY nature related documentary, very hard to go wrong there
When the Levees Broke

Plenty more I can't think of, I hate watching them now cause life's depressing enough as it is, but every once in a while...

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Food, Inc. - studies the industrial production of food here in the U.S.

Inside Job - talks about the systemic corruption of the U.S. financial industry and the consequences of the corruption leading to the financial crisis in 2008.

Both of these will leave you :mindblown: