what if Marvel had kept Edward Norton as Bruce Banner, instead of replacing him with Mark Ruffalo?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I get what Norton was saying but I think it was $$ that was another factor. Also Mark Ruffalo has been able to do other diverse movies in addition to Avengers...

If Ed Norton stays as the Hulk, they would've done another Hulk solo by now. No way the studio is gonna finance a Mark Ruffalo Hulk movie:mjlol:

I think Norton just didn't want to fukk with a super hero franchise like that. I also don't think he knew it would be this big or be this successful. Hulks character has had the least amount of screen time so I don't think it would've conflicted with him making other movies as the other actors have been able to do a host of other movies. And Bruce Banners character is meant to be more of a supporting character. His characters role has basically been for him to be on the run and look for a cure. Once he joined the avengers there was no need for him to run anymore and thus no interesting solo plot.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i watched that hulk movie once and never again

that ang lee one was a pos as well

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Norton's Banner is better for a Banner/Hulk on the run storyline.

Ruffalo's Banner is better for a Banner who works with The Avengers storyline

Norton's Hulk is better for that savage destructive Hulk.

Ruffalo's Hulk is better for a Hulk who's on a team.

The Norton Hulk looked and acted far too savage to be a believable team player. If Norton had stayed on they would have had to change the design or allocate more time to The plot where Hulk goes on a rampage and The Avengers fight him and where he's used as a last resort.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
If Ed Norton stays as the Hulk, they would've done another Hulk solo by now. No way the studio is gonna finance a Mark Ruffalo Hulk movie:mjlol:

The reason they haven't done another Hulk solo is because the rights are still tangled up with Universal. The Disney buy-out happened after The Incredible Hulk which was produced in-house by Marvel Studios and rights-holder Universal, the latter party being the movie's distributor. Disney cut a deal with Universal allowing the Hulk to show up in the other movies as a side-character, but for a solo movie they need to sit around the table and deal with Universal similar to the recent Spider-Man deal with Sony. That's also the most likely reason the Hulk has been put in Thor: Ragnarok because that's easier for them to do than do a solo movie.

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
bixby-hulk.jpg

:damn:

:grootcry:

:grootbanderas:

We are Groot...​

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
The reason they haven't done another Hulk solo is because the rights are still tangled up with Universal. The Disney buy-out happened after The Incredible Hulk which was produced in-house by Marvel Studios and rights-holder Universal, the latter party being the movie's distributor. Disney cut a deal with Universal allowing the Hulk to show up in the other movies as a side-character, but for a solo movie they need to sit around the table and deal with Universal similar to the recent Spider-Man deal with Sony. That's also the most likely reason the Hulk has been put in Thor: Ragnarok because that's easier for them to do than do a solo movie.
Also they won't make another one because they dont have faith that hulk would recuperate the money for film dealing with universal

They don't believe the dude will make money to break them off

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
It's weird how The Hulk hasn't really been nailed in a solo movie. There's Peter Davids decade long run which goes against many of the typical monster tropes Hulk is pigeon holed into they can take inspiration from The Split personality disorder stuff (Joe Fixit, The Professor, Maestro,) etc. Planet Hulk isn't the old good Hulk story they can adapt.

I feel like the avengers movies just play the character safe and haven't really expanded on him like they should if I remember correctly Ruffalo stated that Banner knew he'd never be able to hold back the Hulk and eventually he'd lose the ability to turn back. He also stated they'd go into how the Hulk felt about being trapped by Banner. I was surprised none of that made the Age of Ultron cut. Who knows maybe it was moved to Raganok.

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I would love if Marvel actually tried to get into the personality disorder of Banner with all his Hulks. A battle with Grey and Green meanwhile the Devil Hulk is trying to take over period and Banner, G Hulk, and Grey would have to work together to lock him up. Have them eventually beat him and cause him to become the Professor for a little bit before bringing back the Green one and Banner again.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I would love if Marvel actually tried to get into the personality disorder of Banner with all his Hulks. A battle with Grey and Green meanwhile the Devil Hulk is trying to take over period and Banner, G Hulk, and Grey would have to work together to lock him up. Have them eventually beat him and cause him to become the Professor for a little bit before bringing back the Green one and Banner again.
Thanks exactly what I want I think I mentioned my approach to it a couple of pages back.

Last edited:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
the way they were hypin shyt up in the age of ultron interviews I thought that was gonna happen, at least between savage hulk and banner

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Thanks exactly what I want.
the way they were hypin shyt up in the age of ultron interviews I thought that was gonna happen, at least between savage hulk and banner

Joss Whedon said the Grey hulk was supposed to appear in the movie but the studio cut it. That was one of the many scenes Whedon and them fought about.