what if Marvel had kept Edward Norton as Bruce Banner, instead of replacing him with Mark Ruffalo?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I don't think that Marvel was actually going for the "whiny/geeky/scared" version of Banner. And contrary to popular belief, the character hasn't ALWAYS been portrayed as such. A whiny bytch made Bruce Banner would play off rather unfavorably against The cinematic versions of Tony Stark, Thor, and Black Widow. And I never thought that Rufallo made him Cocky, remember at the end of Incredible Hulk there was a little tease that Banner had gained a modicum of control/restraint against the random transformations, which would in turn not make Bruce as "scared". Rufallo played him almost perfectly.

I WILL agree that Ed Norton could've (arguably) done a better job, and the continuity would've been nice, but Norton clashed with Marvel initially over the script and as we all know Marvel isn't letting anybody not named Robert Downey get any special say so regarding the MCU...

The REAL shame was what they did to Terrence Howard and fukking him over, and I like Don Cheadle and would pick Cheadle for 98% of the roles over Howard, but in THIS instance Howard had the better chemistry with Downey and was the better Rhodey.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Ruffalo actually is great as Banner.

i do agree they've dropped the ball on not making another hulk though, maybe they are gunshy or trying to let it breathe a little bit before they come back with another after the Bana and Norton hulks
Its a issue with other movie company that's why it won't be a hulk movie

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
I don't think that Marvel was actually going for the "whiny/geeky/scared" version of Banner. And contrary to popular belief, the character hasn't ALWAYS been portrayed as such. A whiny bytch made Bruce Banner would play off rather unfavorably against The cinematic versions of Tony Stark, Thor, and Black Widow. And I never thought that Rufallo made him Cocky, remember at the end of Incredible Hulk there was a little tease that Banner had gained a modicum of control/restraint against the random transformations, which would in turn not make Bruce as "scared". Rufallo played him almost perfectly.

I WILL agree that Ed Norton could've (arguably) done a better job, and the continuity would've been nice, but Norton clashed with Marvel initially over the script and as we all know Marvel isn't letting anybody not named Robert Downey get any special say so regarding the MCU...

The REAL shame was what they did to Terrence Howard and fukking him over, and I like Don Cheadle and would pick Cheadle for 98% of the roles over Howard, but in THIS instance Howard had the better chemistry with Downey and was the better Rhodey.
Yes, waaaay better

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Kind've unrelated but since I see it being mentioned, why did they replace Terrance Howard with Don Cheadle in the Iron Man sequels anyway?

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Kind've unrelated but since I see it being mentioned, why did they replace Terrance Howard with Don Cheadle in the Iron Man sequels anyway?
It was over money apparently...
On why he didn’t return, Howard said:

“It turns out that the person I helped become Iron Man … when it was time to re-up for the second one, (he) took the money that was supposed to go to me and pushed me out.”

The unnamed “he” is Robert Downey, Jr. , of course. Howard elaborated after host Andy Cohen commented that “The word was that you wanted the same money as Downey.” According to Howard:

“We did a three-picture deal, so that means that you did the deal ahead of time. It was going to be a certain amount for the first one, a certain amount for the second one, a certain amount for the third. They came to me with the second and said, ‘Look, we will pay you one-eighth of what we contractually had for you, because we think the second one will be successful with or without you.’ And I called my friend – that I helped get the first job – and he didn’t call me back for three months.”

It’s been years since then, though – Cohen asked how things are between Howard and his “friend.” Howard’s response was as dry as a post-apocalyptic wasteland:

“Oh, I love him. God’s going to bless him.”

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
honestly never liked edward norton
he comes off as a douche bag and has that face you just want to punch

so im glad hes not around

he made the wlrst carear move turning back on hulk,because everything that hes the lead has been straight to redbox:mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
what if they had kept my nikka Ed? :to:

when Mark Ruffalo first appeared in the Avengers movie, I didnt like him

he came off too cocky to be Bruce Banner

Bruce Banner is supposed to be this skinny, wiry, geeky guy that's scared all the time, scared cause ppl are after him and scared because of what's inside him

instead Mark Ruffalo portrayed him as this cocky dude that played head games with Natasha (black widow) and goaded her into pulling a gun on him, to which made him even cockier

I think he got the role a LITTLE bit better in the 2nd Avengers... he was more laid back in the cut... Tony Stark was bullying him around a lil bit, plus the part where Scarlet witch was about to play with his head and he was standing on their ship, looking out, all apprehensive to whether he should get off the plane or not

so he played the part better in the 2nd film.

But Edward Norton nailed it perfectly the first time around. He was the best portrayal of Bruce Banner I've ever seen

plus he's a better actor than Ruffalo

Imagine how Edward Norton's scenes would've been in Avengers :whoo:

Edward Norton walking into a trap set by the Black Widow :ohlawd:

Edward Norton on the Shield helicarrier, all scared :ohlawd:

Loki playing mind games on Edward Norton :ohlawd:

Edward Norton on the streets of New York, riding up on a lil motorbike :ohlawd:

And before y'all say I'm tripping, why ain't Marvel making any more standalone Hulk movies? :ufdup:

cause they know ain't no way moviegoers are gonna go see a movie with Mark Rufallo by himself

HE NEEDS MORE PEOPLE :pacspit:

Agree wholeheartedly.......I'm still not feeling Ruffalo as Banner.

Edward killed it IMO