What ended Jay Z and Jaz-O's friendship?

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
jay never wanted to be 50 cent

i remember him saying before... he didn't want to be on his own artists lead singles all the time cause it would diminish him and be a crutch to them

he'll give bleek a single... then beans... then young guns... then cam... then he needs to give bleek another for the second album... and beans another...........

until it's at the point that jay is on 5-6 songs a year, plus his own... and everytime one of his artists drop, you looking for jay before you even worried about the lead artist

meanwhile.... and jay used this exact analogy... 50 cent was getting on banks first single, buck, yayo, game.... and quickly burned himself out... and all those singles sounded like 50s songs instead of letting those artists grow on their own
totally different situations.. cam was already established and had hits from that album, jay being in a video for a song with him would not have made it seem like cam needed jay as a crutch especially since he already proved he can do it without jay.. and jay didnt seem to use that analogy when he tried to hop on the oh boy remix:mjpls:

50 "burning out" had nothing to do with him giving his artists features.. wayne and drake are the kings of oversaturation and they lasted at the top even longer than 50 with way more features, drake himself is still on top and has been there for 7 years and counting

Last edited:

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
What I've concluded is that Jaz was the big bro and put Jay on. Then Jay got hot (with his own money I will add not like he was dependent on Jaz) and as time went by and Jaz started to fade Jay didn't do much to really put him on now.

It had to either be Jaz was lazy in the studio or Jay-Z knew he wouldn't be able to blow in the late 90s and didn't even try to make him a star. I mean Jaz killed Originators and nikkas still weren't looking for a Jaz album.

Still a ho move by Jay unless there's a more personal angle. How do you deny food to the hand that once fed you?

Jaz O = Bart

Jay Z = Milhouse

Milhouse is banging Beyonce now while Bart is riding the springfield subway :mjcry:

Piffery

All Star
Daps
Why do people like Jay didn't offer Jaz a deal, didn't have him produce on reasonable Doubt, Vol.1, and on the In My Lifetime Remix, and didn't give Jaz a feature on RD, and put him on a hit on the high selling Vol.2?
People always act like Jay got famous and then dropped him when he was still giving Jaz shine and associating with him when he was a superstar winning Grammy's, it's fukking ridiculous.
Anyways this is Sauce Money's perspective:

Piffery

All Star
Daps
He aight with me it's just that most of his fans are obnoxious because he is rich. I'm from Brooklyn son. But my favorite rapper is nas and I use to get mad flack for not liking Jay because I'm not living vicariously through his success like he has most of black America. The way blacks worship him and Beyoncé is disgusting
Jay Z fans will never be as obnoxious and blindly worshipping as Nas stans, we're multiple pegs down on the worst rappers fanbase list.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
This felt like some alpha shyt. JAZ put Jay on, and once Jay started eating he tried to do the same, but now the roles would be reversed. I think Jaz could never see Jay as his boss, and Jay had no reason to make him a partner in the Roc. Probably led to hurt feelings if Jaz thought he was worth more than he was being offered.

It was a choice at the end of the day. Jaz didn't build the Roc, and probably couldn't bring any money to the table as a bargaining chip, he certainly wasn't owed anything.

Today one flies jets and is expecting twins and the other one is couch surfing for train fare. :mjcry:Those are the breaks...
:mjcry:

Damn....

surgical gloves

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The left
He aight with me it's just that most of his fans are obnoxious because he is rich. I'm from Brooklyn son. But my favorite rapper is nas and I use to get mad flack for not liking Jay because I'm not living vicariously through his success like he has most of black America. The way blacks worship him and Beyoncé is disgusting
90% of Jay stans right there.

I still bump The love is gone from time to time. Primo laced that track :whoo: