What ended Jay Z and Jaz-O's friendship?

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps

I know this was considered wack and Free killed him with the "bottle Kane dropped in Menace, 40 and broke" line but some of these lines this had to have Jay steaming

"Rap game put in work
Crack game put in work
fukk you mean Jaz wouldn't work?
Grimey nikkas like you get put in dirt" :mjlol:
"You know my credits
Ain't no nikka BUT ME produce your first hit record"
:mjlol:
"A'yo I heard Malik got jooks
Word? A'yo I heard he got jooks again"
:mjlol:

And then my favorite

"Your problems ain't (ova)
Your damaged par'
I couldn't shoot my brother unless he was beatin on mom" :gladbron: :ooh: :krs:

If Jay was this and that and he shot his brother, why did Jaz not have a problem doing songs with him and asking him to be in videos? :beli:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
:mjcry:
Jay-Z_Jazz-O-1.jpg
:snoop: Can we stop with the friendship stuff?

Jaz-O prolly wasn't effin' with Jay because they were such great buddies and vic versa.

It's time to grown up; this game and street game are business.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
:snoop: Can we stop with the friendship stuff?

Jaz-O prolly wasn't effin' with Jay because they were such great buddies and vic versa.

It's time to grown up; this game and street game are business.

LOL!

Yeah, true

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
I didn't say Jay-z owed Jaz anything but from Jaz perspective all he wanted was some of the love he gave Jay back. He got offered a deal and didn't like the numbers and guess what? Went to another label and got a better offer. And Jay came through and did a verse for his album. All Jaz wanted was for Jay to show up to the video and show some love back. It's obvious that even after Jaz rejected the deal they were still friends cause Jay did the verse for his album. It wasn't until he stopped answering calls and let his assistants answer the phones or kept saying his was unavailable is when the beef started. I dunno how y'all were raised but if you look out for ya mans and when you were poppin you took ya mans out on yours and gave him verse and appearances in ya videos there is a certain respect that has to be paid. And in jay defense: he probably felt he did that by making Jigga what a single, and extending his hand with the contract. But come on? Not answering the phone? To ya mentor? Not showing up to a video to help cats from your hood and show love? But let me guess its all about Maybachs and Beyoncé and Jaz being bitter huh? I guess I just don't understand

People grow apart every day though. So what? I'm pretty sure you grew apart from people you grew up with. I'm done with criticizing Jay-Z over stuff like this. It's corny. All those guys are in their forties and fifties now. If you complaining about Jay-Z and what he didn't do for you, you really lost in life. If Jaz had any hustle about him, he would have made it in rap on his own or became successful behind the scenes as a producer, A&R, manager, etc. He didn't because he was lazy and was in some cult somewhere in GA doing god knows what. That's the guy you're defending. Some guy who ran away from life to join a cult :russ: From what I perceive from Jay, he gives people one or two chances to take an opportunity and then he cuts them off....as he should. He gave Jaz-O the chance to sign a $300,000 contract eventhough he was a rapper that never amounted to anything or made any big splashes in rap music. Jaz-O told him to kick rocks. Then after Jay-Z became mega rich and Rocafella Records blew up, he's over in the corner salty because Jay didn't do more for him when he literally told Jay to kick rocks before. That's like you starting a company and you try to put one of your older friends on to work for you. He says "nah, little nikka, I'm good. You used to work for ME. I don't work for YOU" and later on he tries to get you to make him managing partner of your business when he wasn't there in the beginning nor did he give you and your friends any money to start yall company and the entire time he's around you and your friends he's trying to pull rank and punk you about how you used to be his "little nikka" or whatever......so yall part ways.....then 10 years later.....you got a $300 million a year company, your old friend aint do nothing in life so he's bitter and resentful telling anyone that will listen that you didn't do enough for him....when he's A) a grown ass man and B) you gave dude a chance years ago and he said no. Foh breh :camby:

Last edited:

mag357

Superstar
Daps
He aight with me it's just that most of his fans are obnoxious because he is rich. I'm from Brooklyn son. But my favorite rapper is nas and I use to get mad flack for not liking Jay because I'm not living vicariously through his success like he has most of black America. The way blacks worship him and Beyoncé is disgusting
Feel you 100%...From the Stuy but I always was a Nas/wu/mobb deep fan. My homies just couldnt understand why i wasnt on the jayz dikk joy ride like everybody else. Top it all off, my brother was the biggest jayz fan in the world. Arguments all day in the crib. He was busy Trying to live out all those lines dude spit in his songs. So i personally seen how strong the jayz influence was on young dudes back then. People have no clue really why beyonce is seen as the most beautiful thing in the world

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Exactly what I thought. He was salty that Jay was the focus, he felt Dame had no business telling him how things were gonna be being younger than him and he felt he had done more career wise than to be taking orders from Jay-Z or Dame. I already knew that's what it was with him. Right out his mouth though. Should've swallowed your pride. Eat that L breh :umad:

Start listening at 3:00

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
whats with jay and refusing to do videos for songs he's featured on? he did the same thing to camron
jay never wanted to be 50 cent

i remember him saying before... he didn't want to be on his own artists lead singles all the time cause it would diminish him and be a crutch to them

he'll give bleek a single... then beans... then young guns... then cam... then he needs to give bleek another for the second album... and beans another...........

until it's at the point that jay is on 5-6 songs a year, plus his own... and everytime one of his artists drop, you looking for jay before you even worried about the lead artist

meanwhile.... and jay used this exact analogy... 50 cent was getting on banks first single, buck, yayo, game.... and quickly burned himself out... and all those singles sounded like 50s songs instead of letting those artists grow on their own