What ended Jay Z and Jaz-O's friendship?

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Where yall getting this 300k deal he was offered?

I could have swore I remember a Jaz-O interview where he said it was 50k :dead:

But I think the big issue was that Jaz-O comes from a different era he's one of those guys who will make sure his crew is getting as much as him.

Watch this interview he seemed like he was hurt because he just couldnt understand why jay-z was not fighting for him like he did for jay-z

Great post breh. I always heard it was a 150k deal myself, never heard of this 300k shyt nikkas is talking about.

Yeah from that interview it just seemed like Jay-z never really tried to look out for his old head like his old head looked out for him. Yeah Hov did lil shyt here and there, but he wasn't breaking his back trying to make sure that nikka was good.

Like Jay came off like he resented having to fukk with that nikka at all. Going through mad producers to try an flip a sample, only to go back to Jaz-O to do it, knowing that he knew you went to other producers first. That had to be lowkey embarrassing. :mjlol: nikka prolly stood outside the studio doing this :snoop: before going in.

Then rapping 3 verses on Jigga What and giving Jaz the 4th verse only for him to actually sound better than your 3 verses :heh:
When that song use to come on the radio, sometimes they'd cut the last verse off, nikkas would be like :dahell:because they were waiting for Jaz part.

The lesson in all of this is, you can be super real with ya man's and try and give them the world, but at the end of the day, they not entitled to repay the favor with the same enthusiasm.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
it started with ether
they were cordial after he turned down the deal
after a little scare with tupac, jay had succesfully put his hawaii sophia days behind him and the mobster/player he always wanted (biggies image really)
but when nas dropped ether and kept name dropping jaz and bringing up old shyt, he flipped out

then jaz had that source interview when he sounded happy that nas mentioned his name lol cause jay was kinda letting his name die
jay took that shyt to heart, showed up to jaz's video shoot in a limo, stopped for a second and den drove off:mjlol:

after that i think he tried to call jay and couldnt get in contact with him. then dropped its ova

jay was like :hubie: chill my nikka, i'm still dealing with ether:gucci:

sent the young boys after him

Jay and Jaz are so passive aggressive.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I'll always fell sad for jaz, every time i see or remember this pic
It's a true testament that time goes by and life is full of choices and we don't know what is reserved for us...

1515014_10201324300169877_1215136017_n.jpg
God damn :huhldup:
Breh got too much pride to ask Hov for a solid 10K to get off his feet? :to:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
totally different situations.. cam was already established and had hits from that album, jay being in a video for a song with him would not have made it seem like cam needed jay as a crutch especially since he already proved he can do it without jay.. and jay didnt seem to use that analogy when he tried to hop on the oh boy remix:mjpls:

50 "burning out" had nothing to do with him giving his artists features.. wayne and drake are the kings of oversaturation and they lasted at the top even longer than 50 with way more features, drake himself is still on top and has been there for 7 years and counting
i didn't say it breh... that's hov's words

and he was only speaking of LEAD singles... he was on all their albums.. even popping up on state property albums and shyt... but how many times you seen jay on the lead single for his artists? rarely if any

50 was on the lead of all his artists... mind you this is before g-unit fell off and roc broke up and wayne was even a big deal

i don't know why he didn't show up for cam's joint... wasn't his lead single either... but jay is obviously a fickle dude and definitely never liked cam

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
I always thought Jaz had the best verse on Bring it On. I don't think Jaz really fukked with Sauce like that though.

He displayed some state of the art cadences and imo gave both Hov and Sauce aka Oscar Mayer an ass whooping on that song.Think what you will of his character but rhyme skills alone he was top notch.He did an EP, on EMI i think it was.Production was meh but the rhymes and flows where:ohhh::blessed::salute:

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
I was not present for the business end of it,dont know how deep the history goes with these two cause I dont know them but what I do know is that when you get a 300.000 budget(i thought it was 150) and you are not in control of the budget or get an advance,in record company speak that means,you are broke.Studio time,video,marketing,promo maybe features.You are already in the hole.Jaz knew contracts since EMI already fukked him over.On top of that Dame Dash is controlling your budget? Just cause someone says 300.000 that does not mean anything but a loan,not cash in your pocket.Fact that some of ya'll would shirt tackle each other to sign that says more about your business acumen than Jaz's ego getting in the way of conducting good business with a friend..but that my 2 cents..add on...

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Jay Z fans will never be as obnoxious and blindly worshipping as Nas stans, we're multiple pegs down on the worst rappers fanbase list.

Nas is worshipped and stanned for his skills on the mic. Jay is worshipped because his fans lack a real male role model in their lives and think his riches are their own. Only thing worst are Beyoncé fans who call her mother. It's pathetic

Piffery

All Star
Daps
Nas is worshipped and stanned for his skills on the mic. Jay is worshipped because his fans lack a real male role model in their lives and think his riches are their own. Only thing worst are Beyoncé fans who call her mother. It's pathetic
Jay fans worship his skill, he's attacked for his riches by his haters more than his fans ever praise him for them, in fact plenty of people never give him a chance for their imaginary moral issues with Jay's character and his monetary success.
Nas stans are sanctimonious and obnoxious.