“We should focus on black crime and not white supremacy” - Marjorie Taylor Green.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
white people are about 75% of the population
black people are about 14% of the population

and youre saying they only commit 3 times as many rapes!?
I think the point that he’s trying to make is that regardless of the rate of crime by race, you’d still eliminate more crime if you targeted white people since they are responsible for more total crime.

In reality, targeting black people because they commit crime at a higher rate is actually kind of racist since white people still commit most of the crime, lol. Do you want to reduce crime or do you want races to commit crime at a similar rate?

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I think the point that he’s trying to make is that regardless of the rate of crime by race, you’d still eliminate more crime if you targeted white people since they are responsible for more total crime.

In reality, targeting black people because they commit crime at a higher rate is actually kind of racist since white people still commit most of the crime, lol. Do you want to reduce crime or do you want races to commit crime at an simile rate?
Was trying to explain this.
It's literally mathematically & statistically impossible.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In my opinion, black fortunes will change the quickest with education
And by education I mean becoming a scientist or doctor or something like that not that cliche shyt like financial literacy
The role of policy in creating and maintaining the racial wealth gap makes it clear just how difficult it will be to close the gap through the individual choices and behaviors of African-Americans. Educational attainment, the right occupation, and full-time employment are necessary, but not sufficient conditions for building wealth (and even equalizing these between races would be nothing short of miraculous). The typical black family with a head of household working full time has less wealth than the typical white family whose head of household is unemployed. This outcome holds for black families regardless of the time and money spent on educational upgrading. Median wealth for black families whose head has a college degree, for example, has only one-eighth the wealth of the median white family whose head has a college degree. Even the typical black family with a graduate or professional degree had more than $200,000 less wealth than a comparable white family. This is not surprising given that my previous research with John Schmitt has found a college degree really is no guarantee.Malign social policy has created and maintained the racial wealth gap, and only a progressive reorientation of this policy can close it. In an upcoming post, I will look at ways to close, or at least shrink, the growing disparity in wealth between blacks and whites.
121732-14967.png

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Nah. This shyt is outrageous no matter how you look at it. Mutha fukk this swampcave donkey and her ilk

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

"#bothsides where you at?"​

:beli:

This is stupid.
"Both siders" literally say both sides are full of shyt and anti-Black.

Yall with these wanna be "gotcha" moments every time a GOPer does or says something racist.
I'm gonna answer this honestly because I don't think anyone else ever really tries:

Speaking in generalities does nothing for us. When "Both sides" are the same, that ignores voting records of individuals and what they do for their constituents (or try to do, I should say). If the singular idea is that as black people we should not invest in the political process because nothing will be done intentionally or incidentally for us, then both sides are indeed the same. However, everything these people do are public record. We can see who proposes what bills, follow the causes they fight for, chide them when they do some hoe shyt, etc.

If I say #bothsides, I probably don't bother really looking into who did what. Republicans uniformly are not in it to give shyt to us. Democrats have pockets of people who actually want to do good but there are old heads like Pelosi who are status quo and need to go but these conversations turn into throwing the whole party away. If we are disenfranchising ourselves, guess who benefits? They are installing white surpremacists in state houses, courts, schools, churches, etc and doing it very publicly. Meanwhile we can see measures that get proposed, who cosponsors it, who blocks, etc and know specifically who the enemy is.

Blanket #bothsides ignores the work being done locally and nationally of a host of people because they most powerful of the lot get all the attention and have all the pull. Again, if it's fukk voting, then its on brand, but a lot of cats have smoke for Dems and say nothing about Republicans on some "The enemy we know" shyt. The only reason to bring this up is because time and time again, we here this "black people are REALLY conservatives" by select people who have nothing to back it up but they sure got reasons them rascally Dems are REALLY the threat.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet

In reality, targeting black people because they commit crime at a higher rate is actually kind of racist since white people still commit most of the crime, lol. Do you want to reduce crime or do you want races to commit crime at a similar rate?
black people focusing on black crime would help us more than anything else though.

we forget about all the smart minds that dont get a chance because they grow up around that nonsense.